2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

Don't know how many are watching the Rutgers/Wake Forest game. Personally, I believe the Wake Forest player got screwed on a targeting call.
Saw that play only on replay but looked pretty iffy. Maybe an elbow or forearm to the helmet but didn't think it was obvious.

Rutgers is Gawd awful.

They got a #39 recruiting class in 2021, and a #28 recruiting class in 2022. Comparatively, the Gophers had a #38 in 2021, and a #42 in 2022.

Rutgers is in a rich recruiting hotbed. I hope that they don't convince Grad Transfer from Sacred Heart University JD DiRenzo to stay closer to home with Ivy League graduate degree potential. He is from Hammonton, NJ, about 1.5 hours away from Rutgers.

PJ Fleck has a tough recruiting job to convince players to come to the tundra.

Rutgers is Gawd awful.

They got a #39 recruiting class in 2021, and a #28 recruiting class in 2022. Comparatively, the Gophers had a #38 in 2021, and a #42 in 2022.

Rutgers is in a rich recruiting hotbed. I hope that they don't convince Grad Transfer from Sacred Heart University JD DiRenzo to stay closer to home with Ivy League graduate degree potential. He is from Hammonton, NJ, about 1.5 hours away from Rutgers.

Glen Mason had a good pipeline of recruits from New Jersey having been from that state.

Rutgers is Gawd awful.

Nothing like watching a team with a 5-7 record get beat up in a bowl game!

I will strike that Rutgers loss from the bowl season record as they shouldn't have even been playing to begin with. (Winning record) B1G teams still undefeated.

Rutgers was allowing the Big Ten to play with house money. If they had pulled off the upset, you better believe the conference would brag about that. But since they lost? Well, they weren't supposed to be there. No biggie.

cougars QB with the perfect spiral just like I threw them until 7th grade when I was moved FB - your dad can only coach you for so many years before your lack of arm talent becomes apparent to all😎

Nothing like watching a team with a 5-7 record get beat up in a bowl game!

And 2-7 BG10 record. The Gator was a total gift to Rutgers. At least they made it interesting for a half.

Yup. The game will only be close if OSU takes the foot off the gas.
I disagree. I used to back OSU in this one but last few days changed my mind. Utah seems to have a big positive enthusiasm gap and missing both Olave and Wilson will matter for OSU.

Utah also should be encouraged by whipping Oregon twice, who won in Columbus. Transitive scores and all, but it's still going to have U2 thinking they can win this.

They should be U2. Or maybe Bono was being uncool on trademark laws.
I’ll say this . . . finally visited the SLC area this fall. Took the time to walk around UU campus. City and campus, both beautiful. Looking forward to going back to the area when the Gophers play BYU. I think in 2025.

Excited for this Cincinnati vs Bama game. Truly a David vs Goliath matchup. Would be so exciting if Cincinnati could pull it off.

Bama's line looks almost as good as Minnesota's.

I’ll say this . . . finally visited the SLC area this fall. Took the time to walk around UU campus. City and campus, both beautiful. Looking forward to going back to the area when the Gophers play BYU. I think in 2025.

My only trip to U2 was the emergency room, hauled in wearing a cervical collar in an ambulance. Seemed nice :)

Wake Forest is like Northwestern, a small private school with a very small fanbase. Rutgers being a last minute replacement and because they are Rutgers is not going to bring many fans either.
Wake is REALLY small. Under 6000 undergrads and 8100 total students, which makes it the smallest P5 school by enrollment and the sixth smallest FBS program as a whole. Third smallest if you don't count the three service academies.

Northwestern isn't a small school - they have 21,000 - about the same as Kansas State

Top Bottom