2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

Not great names playing, but looks like it could be a good game. Georgia State - Ball State.

Its either that or Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Watching this game, GSU kicked a field goal. The D-Lineman was lined up over the center and the ref went up, slapped on the back and told him to move. How is that legal, when the Gophs got I think 2 penalties early in the year for lining up over the center on a field goal or punt? I guess any ref can warn players, but seems random and they can also ignore it until its time to throw the flag.

Not great names playing, but looks like it could be a good game. Georgia State - Ball State.

Its either that or Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.
Every time there is a bowl game I see who is winning and am like…this makes sense…then I look at my bowl pick ‘em from when I was drinking and I picked the opposite. George Constanta gambling

I always like picking when I'm drunk. I know I won't win, so its just entertainment. I always laugh at some of my drunken picks, especially March Madness.

Gotta love the George "Can'tstandya" wallet.

Watching this game, GSU kicked a field goal. The D-Lineman was lined up over the center and the ref went up, slapped on the back and told him to move. How is that legal,
I’ve actually seen officials do that on numerous occasions……except for when it was called against us.

I’ve actually seen officials do that on numerous occasions……except for when it was called against us.
Seems like they could do that when they feel like it, or throw the flag when they feel like it. I like the idea of it, it's just the fact it's up to that official and can be perceived as favoritism in certain situations.

Seems like they could do that when they feel like it, or throw the flag when they feel like it. I like the idea of it, it's just the fact it's up to that official and can be perceived as favoritism in certain situations.
I'm sure that kind of thing happens in other situations too. Some refs are probably more the "give a warning" type and others just throw the flag. Although the lining up over the center is more obvious because it's preventing it from happening, not after something already happened.

Just flipped on WMU vs Nevada and saw Nevada’s QB is 6’9. Holy cow.

If that hit by Smoke Monday isn’t the textbook definition of targeting, I don’t know what is. He launched, led with the crown of his helmet, and hit the opponent across the face mask. Lucky to not be a concussion or neck injury there.

If that hit by Smoke Monday isn’t the textbook definition of targeting, I don’t know what is. He launched, led with the crown of his helmet, and hit the opponent across the face mask. Lucky to not be a concussion or neck injury there.
in unsurprising fashion, he's still in the game

That's the guy TJ burned on the long TD pass in the Outback Bowl :cool:
This play is one of my best live Gopher memories. My vantage point at the stadium allowed me to see that entire play unfold. I teared up when Morgan hit Johnson perfectly in stride, haha (may have been affected by the 25 oz bud lights).

That moment was the pinnacle of my Gopher fandom. I can't wait for what's to come!

Watching the Birmingham Bowl. Have yet to see Seth Green hit the stat sheet for Houston. Not even sure if he has played a snap yet.

Better for gophers for auburn to win.

color commentator so awful. He has no idea what’s going on in the game

I could color commentate better while half watching the game from my couch

Are you talking about the one that exclaimed “praise the Lord” after Smoke’s first blatant targeting call was overturned?

Why does it matter to the gophers if Auburn wins?

Seth Green just threw a pick. More or less. Hard to say live.

Announcers said he was our QB. Did he ever play QB here? I can’t remember

Top Bottom