2021-2022 College Football Coach Hire/Fire Thread

It is pretty amazing that had frost managed to go 6-6 this year he would’ve been a good candidate for that job and could’ve gotten out before the ax comes next year

As it is, he isn’t a viable candidate

I know that frost played for Nebraska and was recruited for his work at UCF. I just dont think Nebraska worked out for a team that was known for their hard nosed running game.

This is one reason why I'm nerves about our new Head Coach and OC using a West Coast offense passing attack at GSU. YES IM HAPPY THE the so called Gun OPtion is gone and if he can recruit and WIN that will be fine with me, but I still miss the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION and wish we had hired a great TRUE TRIPLE OPTION COACH.

FROST had everything going for him at UCF but gave it all up! Now UCF has joined a P5 conference.

I know that frost played for Nebraska and was recruited for his work at UCF. I just dont think Nebraska worked out for a team that was known for their hard nosed running game.

This is one reason why I'm nerves about our new Head Coach and OC using a West Coast offense passing attack at GSU. YES IM HAPPY THE the so called Gun OPtion is gone and if he can recruit and WIN that will be fine with me, but I still miss the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION and wish we had hired a great TRUE TRIPLE OPTION COACH.

FROST had everything going for him at UCF but gave it all up! Now UCF has joined a P5 conference.
Jeff monken to Nebraska would be interesting

Has there ever been a year like that that's seen so many top programs lose their coach to other programs? Bizarre year of coaching changes.

Has there ever been a year like that that's seen so many top programs lose their coach to other programs? Bizarre year of coaching changes.
The lost Covid year doubled the fun in 21.

Frost announces new OC and OL coaches. OL coach is a former Badger and currect assistant OL coach for Chicago Bears. OC is coming from ACC Champ Pittsburgh.

Frost announces new OC and OL coaches. OL coach is a former Badger and currect assistant OL coach for Chicago Bears. OC is coming from ACC Champ Pittsburgh.

I think KC has more success than Whipple, but I would’ve been pleased if the gophers hired Whipple

Don't forget San Diego State. Their new stadium looks like it will be nice.
I don't know about SDSU's design, but Colorado State recently built a smaller version of TCF Bank, in the 40k range. But very similar.

Baylor's stadium is very similar as well.

I believe both came up to tour TCF to get a look firsthand.

SDSU's stadium will be small. 35,000 capacity, with the ability to be upgraded. It's on the site of the old Jack Murphy stadium I believe. I don't know if the Holiday Bowl will move back there, or stay at Petco Park.

SDSU's stadium will be small. 35,000 capacity, with the ability to be upgraded. It's on the site of the old Jack Murphy stadium I believe. I don't know if the Holiday Bowl will move back there, or stay at Petco Park.

I really kinda wanted to take the kids to the holiday bowl, good town for that.

but not a B1G bowl game anymore:(

They've essentially replaced the Holiday with the Music City, for the 2020-2025 cycle.

Not sure how good a move that is. Also not sure why the ACC wants to send a team to San Diego. But I guess it is what it is.

Maybe it was wrapped up in "The Alliance".

They've essentially replaced the Holiday with the Music City, for the 2020-2025 cycle.

Not sure how good a move that is. Also not sure why the ACC wants to send a team to San Diego. But I guess it is what it is.

I wish they'd get the Sun Bowl back. I'd love to see a game there - it seems like such a cool stadium, being built into a mountain and all.

It predates The Alliance. The agreement to make it a Pac-12/ACC match-up was signed in 2011.

Jeff monken to Nebraska would be interesting

I actually contacted Paul Jonson before he took the job at GT. I made the comment that I doubt he could recruit what he needed for his Defense and Flex Triple Option offense at GT. I told him better to stay a NAVY, where he was winning and respected, until Teams like Nebraska, Notre Dame, or an older school that would respect his Flex T-Option attack and he could really recruit from.

UCF makes no sense for them, geographically. But I guess neither does West Virginia, and to a slightly lesser extent Cincinnati.

I agree, UCF should have been snapped up by the ACC. UCF has the 2nd largest student populatin of all Universities in the U.S. and modern sports facilities.

I agree, UCF should have been snapped up by the ACC. UCF has the 2nd largest student populatin of all Universities in the U.S. and modern sports facilities.
UCF is way too low on research to get the votes of the high-research ACC schools, which is a strong contingent of them. Those schools are right up with the Big Ten and PAC.

Plus they already have Florida St and Miami that would vote no and try to convince others to do the same.

After a much publicized and controversial state Senate hearing last week, where current and former players spoke out, Todd Graham has resigned at Hawaii regarding mistreatment of players. He has flatly denied any wrongdoing and the AD had attempted to back him. He was just in year two of a five year contract.

Top Bottom