2021-2022 College Football Coach Hire/Fire Thread

In the world's worst kept secret, Manny Diaz is out at Miami according to Pete Thamel.

Campbell has to be choice #1 for Oregon, a very similar offensive philosophy.

Orgeron to Oregon! (say that fast a few times)

Why not Frost?
It is pretty amazing that had frost managed to go 6-6 this year he would’ve been a good candidate for that job and could’ve gotten out before the ax comes next year

As it is, he isn’t a viable candidate

Countdown until shama mentions fleck to Oregon at 3….2…1…

Cristobal may have a longer leash, being the "chosen son" (see Frost, Scott). But Miami seems like not a great job to me. Terrible fan support, terrible stadium/gameday situation, and very high expectations. Obviously, they are in a great recruiting area, but they also have to compete with FSU and UF, and get poached by a ton of northern schools. Maybe it's easier to get kids admitted to Miami due to it being private?

Oregon has Nike money, the nicest practice facility in the country, and somewhat mediocre competition in a path to them winning their division. The main downside is recruiting- they have to go down to California for most of their players. Also, more realistic expectations than Miami.

This is the type of job that I worry about losing PJ to more so than the blue bloods.

Not saying he will go, just saying that if he does any time soon, it will be this level of job IMO.

This is the type of job that I worry about losing PJ to more so than the blue bloods.

Not saying he will go, just saying that if he does any time soon, it will be this level of job IMO.
Nike will buy the RTB trademark as part of the deal.

I think Oregon is one of a handful of jobs that would make sense with Fleck. A duck and a boat together makes sense. Just Do It meets Row the Boat makes sense. the only thing that won't work is the type of offense that PJ likes vs what has been done in Oregon. Plus, PJ is one or two wins away from being considered a viable candidate for the job. Bowling Green may be the thing that keeps our 2022 coaches the same.

Didn't PJ interview for the Oregon job back in 2017 or am I misremembering?

Cristobal may have a longer leash, being the "chosen son" (see Frost, Scott). But Miami seems like not a great job to me. Terrible fan support, terrible stadium/gameday situation, and very high expectations. Obviously, they are in a great recruiting area, but they also have to compete with FSU and UF, and get poached by a ton of northern schools. Maybe it's easier to get kids admitted to Miami due to it being private?

Oregon has Nike money, the nicest practice facility in the country, and somewhat mediocre competition in a path to them winning their division. The main downside is recruiting- they have to go down to California for most of their players. Also, more realistic expectations than Miami.
I said this about Miami on another board and darn near got my head bitten off by a Canes fan.
But it's 100% true. Plus add in UCF as a future P5 program in-state.

Part of the thing with Cristobal, is he's a Florida guy and wanted to go back. I'd also heard he's not a fan of the hippie culture that permeates Oregon.

A major cash infusion is taking place at Miami , which is why they got the Clemson AD and Cristobal. There even appears to be initial traction for a close to campus stadium.

A major cash infusion is taking place at Miami , which is why they got the Clemson AD and Cristobal. There even appears to be initial traction for a close to campus stadium.
Baylor, MN, TCU all build nice 50,000 seat stadiums. It's the new model of new College stadiums.

Baylor, MN, TCU all build nice 50,000 seat stadiums. It's the new model of new College stadiums.
Especially with how college attendance is trending. I absolutely love the size of our stadium (just need to get some concessions and bathrooms on the upper concourse).

Georgia Southern chimes in:

Georgia Southern has fired Chad Lunsford four games into his fourth full season as head coach, the school announced Sunday. Cornerbacks coach Kevin Whitley has been named interim head coach.

“After a thorough review and evaluation of our football program, I have made a decision that a change in leadership is in the best interest of our team and university,” athletic director Jared Benko said in a statement. “I want to thank Coach Lunsford for his hard work and impact he has had on the student-athletes within our program. I wish Chad and his family success in the future.”

Lunsford was 28-21 in four years, but the Eagles opened this season 1-3, including a 28-20 loss to Louisiana on Saturday after blowout losses to FAU and Arkansas.

Go Gophers!!

Good, I couldn't take one more season of the Gun Option and how it has plumged GSUs football team!!

fnJd4Rl.gif

Top Bottom