2020 Schedule

I just hope we can start faster in 2020.... but we don't have a history of doing that ...

Had the schedule been front loaded in 2019 I think the outcome would have been WAY different.
We have to start faster, no choice there. Iowa and BYU home games loom in weeks 3 & 4 after, hopefully, couple tune-ups.

I think with all the returners on O this year the offense should gel better early on. Hopefully we don’t go vanilla in all 3 non conf. games.

I think the D will be more of a concern in the first few weeks

I think with all the returners on O this year the offense should gel better early on. Hopefully we don’t go vanilla in all 3 non conf. games.

I think the D will be more of a concern in the first few weeks

Man I hope so but I really am not sure about this whole "group that played really on and off all come back will play better" thing ... like the predictions you see about a QB who played better than the previous year isn't anymore or less likely to keep going up...

Early prediction - Ky Thomas coming out party vs Iowa!!! 220 yards and 3 TD'S

Early prediction - Ky Thomas coming out party vs Iowa!!! 220 yards and 3 TD'S
Make that MO.

If he and our OL stay healthy, and we commit to the running game like we did vs Auburn (easy to make that commitment when you have the success that we did), he should rush for well over 1000 yds.

Make that MO.

If he and our OL stay healthy, and we commit to the running game like we did vs Auburn (easy to make that commitment when you have the success that we did), he should rush for well over 1000 yds.
I Love MO - Beast!

Make that MO.

That would be quite the game for Mo...

It is entirely possible that the offense may have to carry the team in the first half of the season while the defense sorts things out with (potentially) 7 or 8 new starters.

that is probably the #1 story going into next year - how the defense looks and who emerges as leaders on defense to take the place of the seniors (and Winfield, assuming he goes pro.)

They're really going to have to get creative on getting the ball to Bateman next year...CAB looks to profit quite a bit and I expect his numbers to really increase. They'll need a 3rd receiver to really step up as well.

They're really going to have to get creative on getting the ball to Bateman next year...CAB looks to profit quite a bit and I expect his numbers to really increase. They'll need a 3rd receiver to really step up as well.

Bateman, Bell & Spielman should be a good combo ;)

We have a chance to fill our Trophy case in 2020. 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1940, 1941, 1960, 1965, 1967 are all the times that we've beaten all three of Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin while we've had a trophy with all three. In addition:
  • Last time we had Floyd and the Jug was 2014, but before then it was 1967
  • Last time we had The Axe and Floyd was 1990
  • Last time we had The Axe and The Jug was 1986
Looking forward to the possibility!

It is entirely possible that the offense may have to carry the team in the first half of the season while the defense sorts things out with (potentially) 7 or 8 new starters.

that is probably the #1 story going into next year - how the defense looks and who emerges as leaders on defense to take the place of the seniors (and Winfield, assuming he goes pro.)

Oh my god... we agree on a thing. Imma save this post.

Top Bottom