2020 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

What’s more surprising? An NBA player cheating on their wife, or the Wolves giving a 4 year contract to a guy like Beasley? 🤔
And....gave a contract to a guy who is going to start the season on the suspended list.

I'm not going to judge a guy's personal life, in regards to his relationships with wife, girlfriends, etc. However. . .
* Beasley's in the midst of seemingly serious legal issues stemming from domestic problems involving his wife
* Beasley's now involved in a high-profile relationship with Scottie Pippen's ex who is an attention magnet because of her involvement w/the basketball wives show and friendship/falling out with the Kardashian clan (honestly, they and their satellites are the plague of the NBA)

So, from the T-Wolves perspective, you've:
* Drafted Anthony Edwards with the #1 overall draft pick, have D'Angelo Russell who can play off the ball when Ricky Rubio's in the game, and have Josh Okogie and Jarrret Culver in that backcourt rotation. It's a pretty full backcourt already, it seems.
* While Beasley's a talented player who was a shining light after the wholesale trades occurred last year, he's a 6'4" shooting guard with limitations-he's not great defensively and he was scoring many of those points with KAT inactive so we don't know how he will integrate as the third option (at best) on offense.

Before the whole Larsa P. situation broke, you've got a player embroiled in legal and domestic issues, playing at a position with a lot of options already present. So what to do? Give that man a 5 year, $60 million contract!

I've read up on how those types of contracts have really handcuffed teams and if you let those players walk, it's hard to replace given the financial restrictions. So, acknowledging that, was it worth tying yourself up for a player with the issues mentioned above? This isn't KAT-a player who is so talented and with a unique skill set where you take on some of those attached risks. Was the contract given to save the most talented piece (outside of Russell) from the trades last year, as a face-saving measure?

And in the midst of all his legal issues, he decides it's wise to engage in a high profile affair which has landed him in the headlines of the New York Post? This is a player who we're being sold as a part of the TWolves family who seemingly promises to bring headlines to the team throughout the season ahead for all the wrong reasons? For a player who will never be an All-Star???

Hmmm.

I'm not going to judge a guy's personal life, in regards to his relationships with wife, girlfriends, etc. However. . .
* Beasley's in the midst of seemingly serious legal issues stemming from domestic problems involving his wife
* Beasley's now involved in a high-profile relationship with Scottie Pippen's ex who is an attention magnet because of her involvement w/the basketball wives show and friendship/falling out with the Kardashian clan (honestly, they and their satellites are the plague of the NBA)

So, from the T-Wolves perspective, you've:
* Drafted Anthony Edwards with the #1 overall draft pick, have D'Angelo Russell who can play off the ball when Ricky Rubio's in the game, and have Josh Okogie and Jarrret Culver in that backcourt rotation. It's a pretty full backcourt already, it seems.
* While Beasley's a talented player who was a shining light after the wholesale trades occurred last year, he's a 6'4" shooting guard with limitations-he's not great defensively and he was scoring many of those points with KAT inactive so we don't know how he will integrate as the third option (at best) on offense.

Before the whole Larsa P. situation broke, you've got a player embroiled in legal and domestic issues, playing at a position with a lot of options already present. So what to do? Give that man a 5 year, $60 million contract!

I've read up on how those types of contracts have really handcuffed teams and if you let those players walk, it's hard to replace given the financial restrictions. So, acknowledging that, was it worth tying yourself up for a player with the issues mentioned above? This isn't KAT-a player who is so talented and with a unique skill set where you take on some of those attached risks. Was the contract given to save the most talented piece (outside of Russell) from the trades last year, as a face-saving measure?

And in the midst of all his legal issues, he decides it's wise to engage in a high profile affair which has landed him in the headlines of the New York Post? This is a player who we're being sold as a part of the TWolves family who seemingly promises to bring headlines to the team throughout the season ahead for all the wrong reasons? For a player who will never be an All-Star???

Hmmm.

His contract is for 4 years, not 5. As it stands today, Beasley is the 3rd best player on the roster. He averaged 21 PPG and shot 43% from 3 after joining the Wolves last year, at only 23 years old. He is very talented.

I'll give the Wolves the benefit of the doubt on this one. I don't think they would have given them that contract had they felt the legal issues wouldn't work out positively for him. I also think they signed him in order to trade him in the near future.

The whole relationship with Larissa Pippen gets a shrug from me. NBA players involved in high profile relationships is nothing new. Neither is cheating on their spouses. KAT is also dating a fallout from the Kardashian clan.

His contract is for 4 years, not 5. As it stands today, Beasley is the 3rd best player on the roster. He averaged 21 PPG and shot 43% from 3 after joining the Wolves last year, at only 23 years old. He is very talented.

I'll give the Wolves the benefit of the doubt on this one. I don't think they would have given them that contract had they felt the legal issues wouldn't work out positively for him. I also think they signed him in order to trade him in the near future.

The whole relationship with Larissa Pippen gets a shrug from me. NBA players involved in high profile relationships is nothing new. Neither is cheating on their spouses. KAT is also dating a fallout from the Kardashian clan.
I think you’re right regarding a trade. This may be Rosas’ intent, so he’s willing to put up with the bad publicity. He is also helped that it’s the Wolves, and nobody really cares. If this situation played out the same for the Vikes, they’d be crucified in the media.

I don’t give a rip about if he’s at home with his wife, or out and about with another woman. That’s his business. However, he has pending legal troubles because he was wielding a gun at somebody and in a separate incident may lose his child due to negligence. He has these ongoing troubles, and he’s still stupid enough to be caught (with no attempt to hide it) cheating on his wife. To me, it just shows me he is utterly clueless, or a complete moron. Either way, he seems like a questionable dude to give $60MM to.

That such a campaign came in the lone season (Devin) Booker played with Ricky Rubio was no coincidence, something he made apparent this week, when a reporter asked Booker this week if playing alongside Rubio made life for the elite scorer easier “at times.”

“Easier at times?” Booker asked. “Easier at all times.”..

That has everything to do with the steps Phoenix took last season, which Booker said had everything to do with Ricky Rubio.

From his playmaking to his impact on the franchise’s culture, Rubio changed the trajectories of both Phoenix and Booker for the better.

“I’ll never forget what he’s done for my career,” Booker said...

“Ricky was great for me. A pass-first point guard, he was somebody who’s so unselfish, he’s looking to make plays for others,” (Zach) LaVine said this week. “Usually, you don’t get that as a rookie, a guy coming in who’s telling you where to go and be ready for a shot. I knew with him, if I just ran the floor and used my speed, the ball would find me. Ricky is always going to be my guy.”

The Timberwolves hope he is the same ‘guy’ for Anthony Edwards, Jaden McDaniels, Josh Okogie, Jarrett Culver … the list goes on and on..

Top Bottom