2016 Seat Adjustment Process

You may want to take a peek at post #76 of this thread. Just say'in.

Oh, he saw it. Problem is his obsession with me will blind him from it. He still brings up a prediction I made in a game almost 2-years ago & how I was wrong and he was right and suggests I won't admit that either - when I even started a thread at the time admitting I was wrong. But if he keeps saying it, it must be true.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?55858-Killjoy

I think there is a chance he is in love with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only person talking about fundraising in the context of the university as a whole is you. The rest of us are concerned with athletics-oriented fundraising. We've been over this before. Just concede the point and move on.

Same situation of what led us down this path. I know I meant athletics, you know I meant athletics, DPO knows I meant athletics - but I didn't write athletics and so he will fight for days that I didn't mean athletics. Fun stuff.

It's funny. My season ticket price this year is roughly the same as it has always been in the new stadium. If you drop your season tickets because the donation level of your seat section went up, I do not feel bad for you. Are you too good for the non donation seats or seats in sections with a smaller donation? Because really, the seats are just as good. It's a 50k seat stadium. There are no bad seats. So just admit it, you think you are too good to change seats!
Come on. "Are you too good" to move? Maybe the thought of having worse seats for the same price isn't attractive.

This was my experience in basketball when they reseated a few years ago. We were in the lower level with no donation. Didn't want to pay the donation and ended up at mid-court halfway up the second level. Very good seats ... but not as good as we had for the same price as before. Gave up our seats after 23 years for that and other reasons.

Not looking for you to feel bad for me. But maybe understand that when you charge the same price for a worse experience -- even slightly so -- it will cost you business.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Come on. "Are you too good" to move? Maybe the thought of having worse seats for the same price isn't attractive.

This was my experience in basketball when they reseated a few years ago. We were in the lower level with no donation. Didn't want to pay the donation and ended up at mid-court halfway up the second level. Very good seats ... but not as good as we had for the same price as before. Gave up our seats after 23 years for that and other reasons.

Not looking for you to feel bad for me. But maybe understand that when you charge the same price for a worse experience -- even slightly so -- it will cost you business.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

True, but with the magnitude of the price increase it's probably not costing them money.

Oh, he saw it. Problem is his obsession with me will blind him from it. He still brings up a prediction I made in a game almost 2-years ago & how I was wrong and he was right and suggests I won't admit that either - when I even started a thread at the time admitting I was wrong. But if he keeps saying it, it must be true.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?55858-Killjoy

I think there is a chance he is in love with me.

Really! Now you are going to add this lie to the original one! There seems to be no end to your "revisionist" history. But I think it is now time to move on so let's just leave it there.

As far as in being in love with you, I can assure you that I am not in love with you. I have noticed though you really seemed to be in love with yourself. I have never seemed to many "I agree with you" posted by one person in my life. It is as if you need to let us all know you have blessed the comment, i.e the Spoofin Good Comment of Approval. I know I certainly look for it.

Really! Now you are going to add this lie to the original one! There seems to be no end to your "revisionist" history. But I think it is now time to move on so let's just leave it there.

As far as in being in love with you, I can assure you that I am not in love with you. I have noticed though you really seemed to be in love with yourself. I have never seemed to many "I agree with you" posted by one person in my life. It is as if you need to let us all know you have blessed the comment, i.e the Spoofin Good Comment of Approval. I know I certainly look for it.

Sorry KJ, I'm already married. Please move on to someone else.

Bull's eye. Dave? Dave's not here...

He really must have gotten to Spoofin...three posts in a row. Too funny.

It has been an interesting journey. It began with me pointing what he predicted at the beginning of the season and what he was saying at the end of the season didn't match. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I clearly hit a nerve. As they say things went down hill fast from there. He went on to accuse me of character assassination and trying to ruin his reputation. I wonder what that is all about?

It has been an interesting journey. It began with me pointing <b>what he predicted at the beginning of the season and what he was saying at the end of the season didn't match. </b>I didn't think it was that big of a deal but I clearly hit a nerve. As they say things went down hill fast from there. <b>He went on to accuse me of character assassination and trying to ruin his reputation. </b>I wonder what that is all about?

Never happened. You are one looney bird.

Since you just accused me of lying about what I said when I had a link to prove it in the same post, I will now ask you to prove the above. You are a sad man.

I put you on my ignore list over a year ago. Since then you have quoted hundreds of my posts. I ask you to put me on your ignore list and stop following me around and quoting my posts. That would make us both much happier.

That is my promise Killjoy - stop quoting me and responding to everything I post and you won't need to deal with me any more. Pretty simple. Too hard for you, I suspect. Stopping with lies like the above bolded part would also be nice.

105 has always looked fancy from 103. We are in row 20 or 22 I believe. Hopefully the people around us are as nice as the 103 crowd.
It's fun, but it's still bleachers, so it's not fancy, IMO. We had to give up the seats we've had since the stadium opened, but I think very highly of the people in the two rows in front of us, so I'm hoping good folks scoop up our former seats. Since the rest of our row and the row behind us has always been owned by scalpers, I'm not overly optimistic.

Now time will tell how serious the mistake was but the emergence of the very cheap pack two suggests it was a very bad decision.

This is, at minimum, the third straight year they've offered the two game package.

This is, at minimum, the third straight year they've offered the two game package.

Correct. Additionally, tix to the "Pick 1 game from Group 1" games are not very cheap. The group 2 games are for the most part. The point of the 2-pack is to get folks to those group 2 games - it doesn't say anything more than that.

Correct. Additionally, tix to the "Pick 1 game from Group 1" games are not very cheap. The group 2 games are for the most part. The point of the 2-pack is to get folks to those group 2 games - it doesn't say anything more than that.

They had to do those things nearly every year of the time in the Dome. Started doing deals in about season 3 at TCF?

That said, doing the "Pick and Pick" last year was probably responsible for the solid attendance numbers last season. Helped that NE, WI, MI and TCU were part of that package.

I got the call Friday and opted to stay in our non-donation seats in 245. Couldn't move up in our section without paying a donation. I even tried for 236, but sounded like I would be in one of the last rows. I have 4 tickets, FWIW. Sounds like every section still had seats available.

My guess is, Coyle will get rid of this next year if there is a problem with season ticket sales. He's probably already not a fan, but is willing to wait to see what happens.

My guess is, Coyle will get rid of this next year if there is a problem with season ticket sales. He's probably already not a fan, but is willing to wait to see what happens.

He is stuck until the end of the 2017. after that they will have to get creative but they are stuck thru next year. prolly done laying out 3 year plans tho that cause folks to jump yrs ahead of time.

He is stuck until the end of the 2017. after that they will have to get creative but they are stuck thru next year. prolly done laying out 3 year plans tho that cause folks to jump yrs ahead of time.

Is he really? He can't get rid of it if its a disaster this year? I didn't know that.

He can absolutely cut the 2017 increase. In fact, they are already seriously considering it.

He can absolutely cut the 2017 increase. In fact, they are already seriously considering it.

Agree...full latitude here to do what he feels makes the most sense.

The 2017 increase schedule would have been taken down if there were any 'latitude'. hey, i might be wrong.

Nope, that would make zero sense unless decision to change had actually been made and officially announced. Zero sense.

Does anybody know what the renewal % was this year for season ticket holders? Is it at a "red flag" type rate or comparable to other years?

Does anybody know what the renewal % was this year for season ticket holders? Is it at a "red flag" type rate or comparable to other years?

I doubt you'll ever get a straight answer on this question. During the renewal process I was told they were expecting a renewal rate of about 90% which I think would be unlikely given the price increase and schedule. I think what the U does is that they count all seats sold including new individual and corporate sales and announce the difference from the previous year. Perhaps that is all that matters if you are focused on the bottom line. I could be wrong though and like you would be very interested in knowing how many season ticket holders renewed from last year.

The Seat Adjustment Process concluded yesterday.

It'll be interesting to hear if any numbers are released on renewal rates.

Top Bottom