2015 with Mitcheroo as starting QB the gophs won't be better than 2014

Although I don't see Mitch losing the starting job, I really hope Streveler and the other QB's make a serious push for the #1 spot. I was hoping Streveler could have seen the field a lot more last season even if it would have been mop-up duty. He looked very promising against SJS and TCU. Perhaps SJS was not much of a challenge and TCU may have been playing prevent by the time he got in but nevertheless Streveler did some good things. I don't think his read-option abilities are a fluke and even if Mitch prevails as the #1 QB, I'd like to see Streveler or whoever is #2 come in from time-to-time to provide Mitch some relief, mix things up, and provide us with a more experienced back-up should Mitch get injured.

Although I don't see Mitch losing the starting job, I really hope Streveler and the other QB's make a serious push for the #1 spot. I was hoping Streveler could have seen the field a lot more last season even if it would have been mop-up duty. He looked very promising against SJS and TCU. Perhaps SJS was not much of a challenge and TCU may have been playing prevent by the time he got in but nevertheless Streveler did some good things. I don't think his read-option abilities are a fluke and even if Mitch prevails as the #1 QB, I'd like to see Streveler or whoever is #2 come in from time-to-time to provide Mitch some relief, mix things up, and provide us with a more experienced back-up should Mitch get injured.

I like Chris as a runner, but let's not get carried away. He was 1-7 passing against SJSU.

Streveler will not be #2....#3

I like Chris as a runner, but let's not get carried away. He was 1-7 passing against SJSU.

Really? I understand your point but I think it is a little presumptuous of you to judge his future as a passer based on those 7 passes. At the time he was only a red shirt freshman with little or no experience. To quote you, "let's not get carried away."

I think it's safe to say, the backup job will be more contentious than the starters job. Mitch has that locked up, in my opinion.

Mitch is better at running than Streveler is throwing. Mitch is by no means untouchable, but the guy that beats him out will do so because of his passing ability. Mitch is borderline elite at running the read option.

Really? I understand your point but I think it is a little presumptuous of you to judge his future as a passer based on those 7 passes. At the time he was only a red shirt freshman with little or no experience. To quote you, "let's not get carried away."

I agree. Let's at least wait until the spring game, maybe even the end of fall camp to see how his passing has progressed.

It's important to remember, that the idea of moving strevler to WR has been kicked around before. But perra is a QB & nothing else. If they are even equal, and you can get strevlers athleticism on the field quicker (a la Marquis Grey), its possible that position switch could still be made.

It's important to remember, that the idea of moving strevler to WR has been kicked around before. But perra is a QB & nothing else. If they are even equal, and you can get strevlers athleticism on the field quicker (a la Marquis Grey), its possible that position switch could still be made.
I thought they also talked about him becoming a safety when they recruited him.

I also remember them talking about making Mitch a tight end when he was a freshman.

So yeah, things change and things don't change.

I wanna see him at linebacker. Kid wasn't afraid of contact.

The thing that struck me most about Streveler was his quickness, as I had no idea about that- but dang, the kid has got some serious wheels. I was very impressed with that.

Top Bottom