2014 NCAA Tournament Thread: Buzzer Beaters, Bracket Busters & More...

I'm not sure who I want to win tomorrow, Michigan I'd like because they are in the B1G and getting 3 in the final 4 would be unheard of, but also don't want bucky winning again, and I think Kentucky would be a matchup nightmare for them. I want florida or MSU to win it all when its all said and done, but I can't stand watching wisconsin win, so I want them out sooner than later. Ugh! Sucks being a Minnesota sports fan, college or pro, we are always let down. WNBA season can't come soon enough(god that was sad to say)

I want 3 B1G teams in the final four, and 2 B1G teams in the national championship. Nothing will show the country that this conference is the best more than that!

I want 3 B1G teams in the final four, and 2 B1G teams in the national championship. Nothing will show the country that this conference is the best more than that!

As long as it's not Wisconsin. Go Sparty and UM!

As long as it's not Wisconsin. Go Sparty and UM!

Agreed. But MSU better step it up right now.

UConn is firing on all cylinders, has the home crowd, and Napier can take over a game.

So, the Gasser play was an obvious example of the flagrant foul rule (which I hate), but was not called. Gasser put his head down and just wildly flailed his elbows. I've seen this call made multiple times when the offensive player had his head up, wasn't bent over, and was just trying to swing the ball...but in this case, with the offensive guy bent down, not looking, and just flailing it was not called?

The offensive foul on Johnson takes the cake for the worst call of the tournament. Gasser fouled him initially and the ref swallows his whistle, but he's willing to blow it to call and offensive foul a tenth or two of a second later? Horrible. What's really funny about that call is Trayvon Jackson is the KING of the push off as he doesn't have enough speed quickness to get all the way to the rim, so he's always using his off hand to push the defender away.

Arizona needed to make this game about talent, and they failed to do that falling in to a who can execute better in the half court game. Really disappointed to see Johnson fail to even get a shot up on the final play. I think Arizona needed to get something going towards the basket there and hope to force the refs to blow their whistle.

Absolutely disgusted by the outcome, but congrats to Wisconsin for winning a game I didn't think they were capable of winning. I can't believe that program has been to two final fours since our trip in '97. It's beyond time to set things back in the right order.

I can't believe people keep referencing a "trip" that doesn't count.

Had that in my bracket. Michigan vs Michigan St. in the Ship. Unfortunately I had Kansas as the other team in the final 4, always get one wrong.

MSG is just a snoozer right now. The real games start Tuesday, am I right?

Michigan State needs to start getting to the rim more and clean up the turnovers. Seems like refs have bailed out Connecticut on the last few offensive possessions with weak foul calls.

Shocked Sparty let them back in this after going up 9.

Did I hear the announcer correctly when he said that every 4 year senior under Izzo has been to the Final Four except Payne and Appling? Izzo turns everything he touches into talent. Wow.

Why would you go anywhere else if you grew up in the midwest and had an offer?

Did I hear the announcer correctly when he said that every 4 year senior under Izzo has been to the Final Four except Payne and Appling? Izzo turns everything he touches into talent. Wow.

Why would you go anywhere else if you grew up in the midwest and had an offer?

Yes. Took over in 1996. FF's in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009 and 2010. If they lose today his streak is over....

Michigan St. looks so dysfunctional right now. Something you'd expect from a young team, not an experienced team.

I'd be very upset if I was a Sparty fan, UConn has got away with doing whatever they want to Payne the whole game inside. UConn did a good job not giving Sparty many transition looks and took advantage of their free throw chances.

I'd be very upset if I was a Sparty fan, UConn has got away with doing whatever they want to Payne the whole game inside.[/QUOTE

I also came away thinking the refs took the game away from mich st, but the Spartans didn't adjust to the refs and it bit them in the ass.

Wow that was pretty sad. Sparty is my second favorite Big Ten Team and to see them lose like that was sad. I really want 3 or the 4 teams in the final four to be from the big ten..

Michigan St. looks so dysfunctional right now. Something you'd expect from a young team, not an experienced team.

Izzo just couldn't get to this group. They went out and jacked up 29 3 pt shots today (out of 46 shots). The better MSU squads take it to the hole. This won't go down as one of Izzo's better coaching jobs- nothing against the coach, he's a great one.

Since I'm pretty sure my bracket is officially dead I'm hoping for Michigan to win today and then for them to end up beating Florida for the championship.

Izzo just couldn't get to this group. They went out and jacked up 29 3 pt shots today (out of 46 shots). The better MSU squads take it to the hole. This won't go down as one of Izzo's better coaching jobs- nothing against the coach, he's a great one.

And Payne shot 10 of them. I think just about any opposing team would be fine with 10 of his 14 shots being from beyond the arch.

You don't want us to take advantage of the Pitino/Kimani advantage in the tri-state?

The Tri State area will not watch, as we are getting the worst athletic school from the old Big East.

Still would gladly take their recruits. We wouldn't get any if UCONN joined.

This is beyond preposterous, apparently Minnesota is going to hit it big in NY/NJ because channel 610 happens to play Rutgers games which few people watch.

This is beyond preposterous, apparently Minnesota is going to hit it big in NY/NJ because channel 610 happens to play Rutgers games which few people watch.

You're putting words in my mouth. I'm not saying because Rutgers are joining the B1G the Gophers will start to get East Coast recruits. I'm saying that with Pitino and Kimani we have a better chance at kids from the tri-state because of their connections there. If UCONN were to join we wouldn't have that advantage because of the power they have in the tri-state. We already saw with Isaiah Whitehead that kids out there will look at us more than they have in the past.

I've been holding out hope that eventually I would get used to the idea of Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big Ten. It isn't happening.

This is going to be a regret.

Trying to think of what would nauseate me more: Wisconsin in the final, or an all-SEC final. Given that I know a couple guys from Florida who are super-obnoxious, it's a tougher call than I could've imagined.

Top Bottom