2014 Early Bird Preview

Again, because I don't spew sulfur in their direction I'm a fan of their team? Because I follow all B1G teams very closely I'm a fan of their team? Listen, if you hate any team/university so much you really need to get your priorities straight. Seriously, get yourself some other hobbies because this one isn't beneficial to you.

Dude you aren't fooling anyone. Just admit you are a Badger fan and end the act.

Dude you aren't fooling anyone. Just admit you are a Badger fan and end the act.

Nope, Gopher all the way. But I did watch every Badger game I could that didn't interfere with the Gophers, same for OSU, Michigan, Penn State, MSU, Iowa, etc (not Purdue or Illinois, that's a waste of time).

The irony is that he personally viewed Ball's draft status plummet by staying a year too long, and now he's repeating the same mistake. Wisconsin and Gordon will both be markedly worse next year, and his draft stock will similarly nosedive. Oh well - no one ever accused a Badger of being intelligent.

how did Ball lower his draft stock? if he would have gone out his jr year he would have been a 3rd round pick, and what was he drafted last year? in the 2nd or 3rd round, he didn't have as productive of a college season as his jr year but if anything he did raise his stock

how did Ball lower his draft stock? if he would have gone out his jr year he would have been a 3rd round pick, and what was he drafted last year? in the 2nd or 3rd round, he didn't have as productive of a college season as his jr year but if anything he did raise his stock

oops, didn't read the second page of the thread

The irony is that he personally viewed Ball's draft status plummet by staying a year too long, and now he's repeating the same mistake. Wisconsin and Gordon will both be markedly worse next year, and his draft stock will similarly nosedive. Oh well - no one ever accused a Badger of being intelligent.
you are seriously dumb. Montee got a third round grade, came back, and was drafted in the second round.

you are seriously dumb. Montee got a third round grade, came back, and was drafted in the second round.

Nope, I can speak perfectly fine.

I already admitted I made a mistake. What more do you want? Self-flagellation?

And you are showing us what about your character by attacking someone's intelligence? Guy made a mistake, and admitted as much. What more do you want, realistically?

Every Badger fan I know thought Andersen was limiting Gordon's carries to keep him out of the draft. A secondary reason was to give the elder RB (White) the lion's share of carries so that he could improve his draft stock. Everyone who watched the Badgers this year knows Gordon was their best offensive threat so there was no reason to limit his carries the way GA did.
you must hang out with clueless badger fans. White got the carries because he was a better all around back and using both was best for the team. Had nothing to do do with Gordon going pro.

a few badger fans felt like MGIII wasn't getting the carries because his body wouldn't hold up, he is only 203

you must hang out with clueless badger fans. White got the carries because he was a better all around back and using both was best for the team. Had nothing to do do with Gordon going pro.

A little redundant, no?

a few badger fans felt like MGIII wasn't getting the carries because his body wouldn't hold up, he is only 203

i don't really understand this logic honestly. i mean if the guy is getting 30 carries then yes i totally do. but getting hit 20 times really isn't that much, especially considering the relative cake walk he had in certain games (Indiana, the non-con games outside ASU, and the other blowouts)

Every Badger fan I know thought Andersen was limiting Gordon's carries to keep him out of the draft. A secondary reason was to give the elder RB (White) the lion's share of carries so that he could improve his draft stock. Everyone who watched the Badgers this year knows Gordon was their best offensive threat so there was no reason to limit his carries the way GA did.

Unless all those Badger fans were pro scouts, they didn't know what they were talking about. Pro scouts have likely seen enough of Gordon to know he's in the top 2 or 3 backs that are draft eligible (and probably the best). White is likely a third day pick (Rounds 4 to 7) and all the carries in the world aren't going to help him unless he blows up at the combine.

Again, because I don't spew sulfur in their direction I'm a fan of their team? Because I follow all B1G teams very closely I'm a fan of their team? Listen, if you hate any team/university so much you really need to get your priorities straight. Seriously, get yourself some other hobbies because this one isn't beneficial to you.

My reasoning is more simple... I think you are a Badger fan because, well, because you are a Badger fan.

still makes zero sense to me. class is pretty weak and he's viewed as the #1. mom and pops must've convinced him to get his degree

Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't get a degree once you turn pro

No, the most improbable thing is that you think anyone here isn't certain that you're a Badger fan.

It's too bad you aren't a Badger fan so we didn't have to see your arrogant BS on our board.

Look - I'm a Gopher fan, and I can't stand Wisconsin - but I think it's ridiculous that Gopher fans are on here talking smack about WI. Just to remind you - The Badgers have won 10 games in a row and 17 of 19 in the "rivalry."

A friendly suggestion: how about waiting until the Gophs actually win a game over WI to talk smack.

Or, to put it another way, in a typical year, roughly 4-million babies are born in the US. that means approximately 40-million kids are walking around who were not alive the last time the Gophs won a FB game over WI.

I'm happy the Gophs had a good season, but I will wait to talk smack until the Pig and the Axe are in the Gophers trophy case again.

Look - I'm a Gopher fan, and I can't stand Wisconsin - but I think it's ridiculous that Gopher fans are on here talking smack about WI. Just to remind you - The Badgers have won 10 games in a row and 17 of 19 in the "rivalry."

A friendly suggestion: how about waiting until the Gophs actually win a game over WI to talk smack.

Or, to put it another way, in a typical year, roughly 4-million babies are born in the US. that means approximately 40-million kids are walking around who were not alive the last time the Gophs won a FB game over WI.

I'm happy the Gophs had a good season, but I will wait to talk smack until the Pig and the Axe are in the Gophers trophy case again.

What a load of crap.
The moment we take your advice is the moment we basically "surrender" and bow down to our blood rivals to the east. I don't care how many games they win, I as a gopher fan reserve the right to talk smack to puke wisky fans.
The players maybe need to restrain themselves, but we fans do not, and it's damn insulting to do so. We keep this rivalry going, it doesn't end after a decade of bad decisions by our program.

What a load of crap.
The moment we take your advice is the moment we basically "surrender" and bow down to our blood rivals to the east. I don't care how many games they win, I as a gopher fan reserve the right to talk smack to puke wisky fans.
The players maybe need to restrain themselves, but we fans do not, and it's damn insulting to do so. We keep this rivalry going, it doesn't end after a decade of bad decisions by our program.

Yup, all this. And when we beat 'em next year I will celebrate like it was the damn NC game!

If Wisconsin struggles at all he will get a lot more opportunities to carry the ball [unless way behind - with their schedule not likely]. Wisco might win fewer games and yet he look better.

The only real risk is injury and that is a real risk.

I'm not worried about Wisconsin getting a potentially great back, they always have great backs, I'd be much more worried if they were getting a great wide receiver.

RB's like Gordon, Abdullah, etc. should always go pro IMO. The risk of injury is too great, and a RB only has so many years to make good money before they wear down.

I agree with this completely. According to the NFL Players Association, the average career length of an NFL running back is less than three years (which is the shortest shelf-life of all NFL positions), such is the brutalizing nature of that role. What they're doing out there when running successfully is running at full speed against safeties and 250 lb. linebackers who are equally running full speed right at them, with the end result of those collisions being very similar to being involved in a slow-speed car crash, and not even modern helmet technology is able to create adequate protection to completely absorb those blows. It is sobering to see what has happened to some of these great players I grew up watching as a kid, like Tony Dorsett, who suffers from memory loss, depression, and the onset of early dementia, believed to be the result of the concussions he sustained as a player, and Earl Campbell, who although just 59 years old, hobbles around on a walker as crippled-up and in pain as if he were a 90 year old.

That's why I admire the guys like Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, and Barry Sanders, players who willingly walked away from the game while still physically able to do so. It's also why I vehemently disagree with those who claim that NFL players 'make too much money'. I call total bullsh*t on that one, as they are the foot soldiers in an industry which generates billions of dollars in revenues for its owners and for the television networks, and given the dramatic decrease in the quality of their later lives for so many of them after subjecting themselves to that, I would say if anything, they are probably grossly underpaid.

That's why I admire the guys like Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, and Barry Sanders, players who willingly walked away from the game while still physically able to do so

You can add Robert Smith to that list as well. Not in the same class as the three above but still a very good player that retired early.

I'm not worried about Wisconsin getting a potentially great back, they always have great backs, I'd be much more worried if they were getting a great wide receiver.

Yes but having just one great back and a few average or even below average backs is a big difference from having 3 really good backs with Gordon coming back and the possibility of Mixon committing

What a load of crap.

I agree with you completely, first off they have won ten straight yet they still don't lead the all time series, we still have 2 more games before they can claim that, until then we are not the inferiors, they just peaked the same time we valleyed(or whatever you call that) and we have narrowed the gap every year for the last three years, until they can say they lead the all time series I will not submit to them, and I am confident that we can win in Madison next year ans would be surprised if we aren't favored in 2 years, so I don't see Wisconsin taking over as the all time series leaders anytime soon

Top Bottom