2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Gophs have gotten really sloppy on the offensive end.

Indeed. Lead has shrunk to 4 at halftime. 32-28. Good news is that Penn State's top 2 players are in foul trouble. Hopefully they get back on track in the second half and can find Zahui more often.

Penn State turning the tables on the Gophers. Losing with 9 minutes to go. Have to get Zahui back in the game, and she has to refrain from fouling.

Edit: Right as I say that, Gophers respond. Up 67-61 with 7 mins left. Zahui back in the game now.

Gophers escape with an encouraging 85-77 win at Penn State this afternoon despite a real poor showing from Zahui. They move to 20-6, 9-5 (B1G).

Mullaney: 18 pts, 8 ast, 5-6 3PT
Kelley: 23 pts, 8 reb, 5 ast, 3 blk
Wagner: 17 pts, 5 reb

Safe to say Mullaney had a decent showing on the road, huh! :)

Good year for Coach Stallings in her first at Minnesota. 20-6 and growing.

We have a winner, gopher fans.

Bailey also 4/5 from the field. Iowa next at home. Would be fun if they can keep it going against a quality opponent. Planning on going--hope I don't wimp out because a. it will be cold b. it will be on BTN c. it is an 8:00 game d. and I am old.

The Lady Gophers won at PSU today.

Our Guy Gophers can win at Indiana tonight.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Remember all the remaining gals games are on BTN.

At my age I can say gals. So like it.:cheer::cheer:

Hard not to think about how high of a seed this team could have been with Banham.

Next two games are huge for seeding. Figure @Nebraska and @Iowa are long shots to wrap up the regular season, but these next two games vs Iowa and Michigan at home are definitely winnable. Iowa especially would be another good win on the resume for the Gophers. Stacking on as many wins as possible should be the goal now to improve seeding for the Big Dance and the BTT.

Ya but

Next two games are huge for seeding. Figure @Nebraska and @Iowa are long shots to wrap up the regular season, but these next two games vs Iowa and Michigan at home are definitely winnable. Iowa especially would be another good win on the resume for the Gophers. Stacking on as many wins as possible should be the goal now to improve seeding for the Big Dance and the BTT.

It's going to be difficult. They are in 4th place. Very unlikely they could finish higher than that. But I think they'll be underdogs in 3 of the 4 regular season games left. They could drop to 7th depending how others do...and they could stay in 4th too. But that will be difficult. Very nice run with Banham out, but they do have to finish with at least a couple wins before the NCAA's.

Gophers Sweep B1G Weekly Awards

Feb. 16, 2015
MINNEAPOLIS – The University of Minnesota women’s basketball team swept the Big Ten Conference weekly awards today, as senior forward Shae Kelley was named the Big Ten Player of the Week and rookie guard Carlie Wagner was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week for the second-straight week. It marks the first time this season that the Gophers earned both player and freshman accolades in the same week.

Kelley earned player of the week recognition for the third time this season after averaging 28.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game in Minnesota’s pair of wins over Wisconsin and Penn State. She scored a career-high 33 points, including a career-best 13 made free throws, and pulled down 14 rebounds for her 10th double-double this season against the Badgers, before adding her second-straight 20-point performance with 23 points and five assists against the Lady Lions.

The senior also earned Big Ten Player of the Week honors on Nov. 24 and Jan. 19.

Wagner got her second-consecutive freshman of the week nod by averaging 17.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game against Wisconsin and Penn State. She had 17 points on .438 (7-16) shooting from the floor in the win over the Badgers, and added another 17 points and five rebounds in the victory at Penn State.

The Gophers host their final two regular-season home games this week, as they welcome No. 13 Iowa to Williams Arena Tuesday at 8 p.m. and Michigan Saturday at 1 p.m. for Senior Day. Both games will be broadcast live on BTN.

-UM-

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021615aaa.html

Beat the pigs and they're in. Would certainly be attending if we weren't South.of the Mason/Dixon line. Hope the ladies draw a big crowd.

We need our best from EVERYONE tonight at the Barn, including the STUDENTS!

GO GOPHERS!!!

I think the cold kept a lot of people away I was hoping for more students at least.

What a start! It will be very curious to see how much the pace slows in the second half.

I think we will win if we can limit their transition offense.

And the halftime score is the equivalent of a final score in a B1G men's game.

Swedish Shaq is amazing. She currently has 27 points and 21 rebounds. Just a pleasure to watch.

Go Gophers!!

Zahui 35 points and 25 rebounds now, still 3 minutes left. Insane.

Big time win for the Gophers!! Zahui finishes with an incredible 39 & 29!!! One of the greatest performances in Williams Arena history, men or women.

Go Gophers!!

Absolutely incredible game by AZB! She was so good and her numbers so huge it's hard to remember that the rest of the team also played very well. Great win and I can't wait to go to the Michigan game.

And let me echo Bleed/s comment. I started watching the Gophers about 1981 and AZB's performance tonight ranks among the most dominant I've seen.

What a incredible game for AZB. What a great find for this program. Does this get us back in for consideration for hosting the first rounds?

Also along with the great game today she scored her 1000th point tonight. Amazing!

Zahui had 39 pts, 29 reb, 4 blk in a 93-80 win over #11 Iowa. Maybe the greatest performance EVER by a Gopher WBB player. She was beyond dominant. That was incredible to be able to watch. Set a B1G single-game rebounding record while doing it, too.

Wagner: 17 pts, 6 ast, 5-6 3PT
Kelley: 13 pts, 8 reb

Gophers are 21-6, 10-5 (B1G) now. Next up against Michigan on Saturday at 1:00 CT. Should be a game they win if they show up.

My first women's game at the barn crowd was better at making noise even though they only bring half the people the men's games bring

Top Bottom