2014-2015 Gopher Women's Season Thread!

Bailey airballs a three by about 2 yards, Mullaney follows that up with an airball on an 8-foot jumper. Pretty much sums up our backcourt...

If they lose this game, and there is every indication they will, it'll be because of their awful zone. It doesn't gets stops and Stollings is apparently either too stubborn to change it or they don't work on man-to-man defense. If that's the case, the rest of the season is going to be very frustrating and difficult to watch.

If they lose this game, and there is every indication they will, it'll be because of their awful zone. It doesn't gets stops and Stollings is apparently either too stubborn to change it or they don't work on man-to-man defense. If that's the case, the rest of the season is going to be very frustrating and difficult to watch.

If Richard's team was playing this poorly, people on this board would be ripping him up one side and down another.

Zahui and Wagner are excellent, but besides those two, no reason for optimism going forward. This team's been on a downward spiral for a while now with no sign of things changing.

This Illinois coach is just giving Stollings a lesson in Basketball Coaching 101.

Just hideous....Finally get to watch a game and they get smoked by a team on a 7 game losing streak....Talk about pissing away a promising season.....Like the men they will find themselves in the Not Invited Tournament......The zero bench production has finally caught up to the them....They look burned out and disinterested....Stallings really needs to recruit another big inside and better guards for depth.

Just hideous....Finally get to watch a game and they get smoked by a team on a 7 game losing streak....Talk about pissing away a promising season.....Like the men they will find themselves in the Not Invited Tournament......The zero bench production has finally caught up to the them....They look burned out and disinterested....Stallings really needs to recruit another big inside and better guards for depth.

You are right. Where are the free agents?

Minnesota loses to Illinois (13th place in B1G) 95-69.
23 offensive rebounds for Illinois. The Gophers embarrassed themselves beyond belief tonight.

When I played, I loved to see the zone defense. Unless you're extremely quick on the wings, it is so easy to beat. Even a matchup zone. Zone is a " lazy " defense used against teams that have no outside shot. What I noticed about our girls in the 2-3 matchup they don't react quick enough, or anticipate the movement of the ball. Teams found we've a "soft " middle and they're killing us.

They likely have to win four more regular season games to secure an NCAA bid. Going 4-3 in the remaining seven games is a good bet. That would put them at 21-9 overall and 10-8 in the B1G.

Next five games are key. Four of them are at home with the road game at PSU (not good this year).

When I played, I loved to see the zone defense. Unless you're extremely quick on the wings, it is so easy to beat. Even a matchup zone. Zone is a " lazy " defense used against teams that have no outside shot. What I noticed about our girls in the 2-3 matchup they don't react quick enough, or anticipate the movement of the ball. Teams found we've a "soft " middle and they're killing us.

Okay, now I've heard it all. Ruppert played women's basketball?:cool02:

2 p.m. game vs MSU at the Barn.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Gophers off to a terrible start again at home against a bad Michigan State team. They're being out rebounded 15-6 too.

Wagner and Zahui taking this game into their own hands now. Wagner 18 pts, 4-7 from three, Zahui 18 pts, 8 reb. 60-52 with 11 mins left.

Wagner and Zahui taking this game into their own hands now. Wagner 18 pts, 4-7 from three, Zahui 18 pts, 8 reb. 60-52 with 11 mins left.

Wagner's effort is primarily a second half performance as she only had 4 points at the half.

Wagner's effort is primarily a second half performance as she only had 4 points at the half.

Someone states an important happening, someone else finds fault. Typical.

Not meant like that at all.

It takes a pretty talented player to do their scoring when it is needed in the second half of a game.

Not meant like that at all.

It takes a pretty talented player to do their scoring when it is needed in the second half of a game.

Sorry, I took your comment the wrong way.

Gophers get a MUCH needed win over Michigan State. 18-6, 7-5 in the B1G. Wagner with a career high 25 points and 5 three-pointers. Zahui with 18/10 in a foul plagued game.

Next up: Wisconsin on Wednesday at the Barn.

Wagner

Wagner, CarlieG
mins 36
pts 25
FG 8/14
3 pt 5/10
FT 4/4
rebs 4
asst 3
steals 3
To's 0

Getting more comfortable. Watch out next year.

Wagner

Wagner, CarlieG
mins 36
pts 25
FG 8/14
3 pt 5/10
FT 4/4
rebs 4
asst 3
steals 3
To's 0

Getting more comfortable. Watch out next year.

Have I ever mentioned that I played high school football and basketball with Granddaddy Wagner?. At this point that is pretty much my athletic claim to fame.:)

Top Bottom