2012 Entrance Music/Video

Two options: #1....hopefully we can get this raised field with the new heating coils along with the steaming bull to lower the Gophers onto it:

Option #2....just need some new nice seated rows for the government officials & room for the necessary military....

Looks like the marketing guys from Dodger Stadium read GopherHole:

Just to update the thread -- this is what I was talking about with "The Ecstasy of Gold" earlier. I think it works pretty well:

[video]http://www.gophergridiron.com/news_article/show/173449?referrer_id=327390[/video]

Here's the "kickoff video" you'll see tomorrow:

And in case anyone is confused, that's just the video they'll play before the first kickoff and it will change every week.

Leaked intro music. Very disappointed that it is not Gangnam Style, but here it is:

That's not the Intro...they showed pictures of the company they use shooting the "Intro Video" last month...some of it was shot in the Locker Room. So that can't be it.

I think we should do what North Dakota State does at the Fargodome. I go to some of their games too. I like the video the Gophers show of our Gopher history. There could be a countdown on the screen, signalling the crowd to start cheering. Go to a camera fixed on the locker room door. When the countdown hits zero Coach Kill leads the team out into the tunnel. The camera leads them all the way to the field and amid thunder and fireworks as the team comes through a Gopher inflatable helmet and the Rouser plays. NDSU's entrance has left opponents and NCAA officials in awe of the atmosphere.

I think we should do what North Dakota State does at the Fargodome. I go to some of their games too. I like the video the Gophers show of our Gopher history. There could be a countdown on the screen, signalling the crowd to start cheering. Go to a camera fixed on the locker room door. When the countdown hits zero Coach Kill leads the team out into the tunnel. The camera leads them all the way to the field and amid thunder and fireworks as the team comes through a Gopher inflatable helmet and the Rouser plays. NDSU's entrance has left opponents and NCAA officials in awe of the atmosphere.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

This.

You lost me forever at............."inflatable helmet".

Almost two months after making this thread on a whim just to promote a stupid song that I thought was cool at the moment.....it is still going strong. I am shocked.

I am a part of the younger generation, but the only suggestion on here worth any merit is ecstasy of gold. This snippet of a song needs to be epic, not a rap song du jour. I have often thought the epic score featured in the theme songs for either Last of the Mohicans or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves would be perfect...they both feature these huge crescendos that emotion in the stadium could build to....but most importantly, the epic instrumental needs to be intercut with legendary footage of the original radio/tv calls from famous gopher moments and players....there is nothing that gets fans into the spirit than seeing the past glory of former gophers running for touchdowns. So while the music is building, the crowd is filled with the nostalgia of players like Sandy Stephens and Darryl Thompson running for long touchdowns, with the old play by plays guys like Ray Christensen yelling "there goes Thompson, the 40, the 30, the 20, the 10, touchdown Gophers!", up through Danny Nystroms kick over penn state, etc........then the music builds showing the u of m flag, then Boom! The cannon, players run out, and the band plays the rouser.....

Alright, I'm jacked up, now I'm ready for tomorrow morning.....

Marketing dept., .....that was free...you're welcome

You lost me forever at............."inflatable helmet".

Lost me at "Fargodome." "Inflatable helmet" was just the hilarious cherry on top.

Anyhow, I've been saying this for years, to nobody in particular and rarely publicly: Baba O'Riley should be our entrance song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g

The slow build would be epic. And, as far as I know (feel free to correct me), it would be distinctly a Gopher thing. I can't think of another team that does Baba O'Riley. I just think that song would pop, and it would be original.

Also, I think we should play "Shout" by Otis Day and the Knights (yes, the fake band from Animal House, but that's the version I want) following Hail! Minnesota after every win.

If the U were to use Baba O'Riley I could totally see the fans yelling Ski..U.MAH when the piano kicks in with the DUN - - DUN-DUN.

Top Bottom