2012 Entrance Music/Video

Alright, I've got my favorite one. It's Ennio Morricone's "The Ecstasy of Gold," but the one Jay-Z used as a sample for "Blueprint 2." (This is safe for work, it's just the instrumental. Some people might remember the melody from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.")

It has a slow lead up and then the beat hits and the music really comes in. This would be good. It's contemporary enough that people might actually recognize it, too. (I think it works either with the lyrics or without. The version with the lyrics has a bit more of a lead-up once the beat hits, which would work well.)

Metallica also covered this if people want to go that route, but it's not very good. It could have been, but it wasn't Metallica's best.

ALSO, the name of the song is "The Ecstasy of Gold." That's perfect.

I'd be fine with just using the jersey video, man that gets me pumped. 2 thumbs up for whoever made this video.

Since most suggestions have been rap and metal, I'll toss out a techno option.

Here's my rap song contribution, start it at 47 seconds:

I'm sold on this for after the third quarter. Get the babes dancin' for sure.

I kind of like this from Project X:

I love that song.. Catchy.. But I'm not sure if the U would like the message. Maybe if someone did Minnesota themed vocals?

I love that song.. Catchy.. But I'm not sure if the U would like the message. Maybe if someone did Minnesota themed vocals?

Yeah, not too family friendly, for sure.

I'm going back to one posted a while ago.

The band is playing whatever song and Goldy walks out and quiets the band and the crowd (start with the student section) like at the 9 second mark. He then leads the stadium in a SKI-U-MAH like at the 13 second mark, the band starts the rouser, and the team comes out of the tunnel.

Unique to The U, not dependent on current music.

Similar to the Let's Go! Hokies! chant at Va Tech?

I like that idea...if that's what you are thinking. If you haven't seen it, youtube it.

Killing in the name of by Rage against the machin

Anything but that awful St. Paul Slim song.

My suggestion:

While it would never get chosen, due to it's drug references, I can think of no better song to personalize the Gophers football program while yet getting you pumped.

If anything this thread has shown that there are plenty of great choices out there if one is creative enough. Bottom line, they better not come out with something like Homer Simpson against Tatum.

I will be surprised if it isn't hip hop or rap if they choose to pick a main-stream song for the entrance. Most of the recent Gopher Football Videos, promos, etc. that I can think of at the moment were Hippity Hop. Add in the assumption that hip, hip hop, hip hop anonymous is probably the favorite choice for a majority of the players.

Letting my mind side track for a second, I can't think of the last time the entrance video used a mainstream song?

I will be surprised if it isn't hip hop or rap if they choose to pick a main-stream song for the entrance. Most of the recent Gopher Football Videos, promos, etc. that I can think of at the moment were Hippity Hop. Add in the assumption that hip, hip hop, hip hop anonymous is probably the favorite choice for a majority of the players.

Letting my mind side track for a second, I can't think of the last time the entrance video used a mainstream song?

I think last year they had Hans Zimmer.

After days of searching, there can be only one.

I would have the team come onto the field at the 1:09 mark:

All I have to say is THANK GOD some of you are not making the decision on this.

Wow . . .

I could see a Gangnam Style flash mob "Gopher Style" on the strip in Vegas. Or the lyrics could be edited to sound like "Whoop em Gopher style"

I could see a Gangnam Style flash mob "Gopher Style" on the strip in Vegas. Or the lyrics could be edited to sound like "Whoop em Gopher style"

YKhrd.gif

AS much as I do not like the Miami Heat. This was a pretty sick intro. Start just before the 1 minute mark and use the Kanye West & Jay-Z song they used in this video.

http://youtu.be/PikRkTOv6zw

After days of searching, there can be only one.

I would have the team come onto the field at the 1:09 mark:

Yes please.. Only if they incorporate some of the dancing from this video into their's. >_<

Top Bottom