All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

For those who want to watch the Twins (and have a streaming device)....just install Kodi and get an add on like The Loop or The Crew. There are easy to follow guides all over the place.

Connie Mack

given name at birth - Cornelius McGillicuddy (Connie Mack for short)

Managed the Philadelphia A's for 50 years. retired at age 87.
managed 7,755 games with a career record of 3,731 wins and 3,948 losses. his teams won the American League pennant 9 times and won 5 World Series. also finished in last place 17 times as financial problems frequently forced him to trade away or sell off his best players.

played 11 seasons from 1886 to 1896 as a light-hitting catcher. served as player-manager for the Pirates from 1894-1896. managed in the minors before taking over the A's.

long-time Gopher baseball coach Dick Siebert played for Mack in the 1930's and 40's.

Royce Lewis and Byron Buxton were expected to be critical contributors to the Twins roster this season. So, when can fans expect them (and other key players) to return from the injured list?

Royce Lewis and Byron Buxton were expected to be critical contributors to the Twins roster this season. So, when can fans expect them (and other key players) to return from the injured list?
The bigger question is when will both go back on the injured list?

in the irony department - tonight's game with Cleveland is an Apple TV+ exclusive. those services usually offer free trials, but I've already done that once, so I don't know if I can..................(I'm sorry).........take another bite of the Apple.........

in the irony department - tonight's game with Cleveland is an Apple TV+ exclusive. those services usually offer free trials, but I've already done that once, so I don't know if I can..................(I'm sorry).........take another bite of the Apple.........
I got the 2 months free deal last year and just got another 2-month trial:

There's another Twins game on Apple in Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks.

Top pitching prospect Paul Skenes (and more importantly Livvy Dunne) makes his debut tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Was the overall #1 pick less than 10 months ago. They have some fun young arms with him and Jared Jones.
So far Skenes looks the part. The concern is a starter throwing 100 mph. So far he's 2-3 mph faster than any other starter. I imagine they will be pretty cautious with him. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

SP don't have the star power much anymore with guys not pitching as long into games and all the injuries.

Twins clinging to a one-run lead and Rocco expertly goes to Okert again. 2-1 Guardians.

Last edited:

Shortstop Roy Smalley went 2-for-3 with two walks, a double, and run scored in a 7-6 Twins win in Kansas City on this date in 1979, raising his average to .416.

His average finally dropped below .400 for good on May 21. He was hitting over .350 as late as July 12 that season.

The accuracy percentage is good. But when he missed, boy did he miss (in Cleveland’s favor).

SWR was throwing great. But the spreadsheet said...
He was in a little jam. If the pen had been reliable, I get it. But they have been iffy, at best, most of the year.

Player development has not been great under this regime. I feel like the quick hooks for pitchers and incessant pinch hitting for batters has a lot to do with that. Give young players a chance to fight through adversity.

He was in a little jam. If the pen had been reliable, I get it. But they have been iffy, at best, most of the year.

Player development has not been great under this regime. I feel like the quick hooks for pitchers and incessant pinch hitting for batters has a lot to do with that. Give young players a chance to fight through adversity.
Okert did get SWR out of the jam too. He's been great against lefties and took care of Naylor and the runner on 3rd base. He's just bad against righties unfortunately. And with the 3 batter minimum now there was no choice but to let him face the right handed batter.

It looked like a great move for one batter and then a bad move after the next.

I still think the bats haven't been as bad as the results have indicated. They had 5 of the 6 highest exit velocities last night. 3 of those 5 ended up being outs including one being a double play.

The luck will turn around.

Love the knuckleball! He throws it about 35% of the time. Still has a 91-92 mph fastball and a slider to go with it.

Love the knuckleball! He throws it about 35% of the time. Still has a 91-92 mph fastball and a slider to go with it.

Earlier this year, I was playing last year's MLB The Show on the Road To The Show mode and ran across him at the Padres AAA affiliate. A younger me would have thrown the controller in a fit of rage. Nearly impossible to hit.

For any of you other nerds out there, I found this interesting. Watch the interview with Mike Petriello towards the top.

Lefty for Cleveland tonight. Get ready for the Margot/Farmer /Martin /Vazquez lineup. That should fix the offensive woes.

How hard is it not to let Jose Ramirez beat you?

Top Bottom