Zion Williamon's former agent alleges he received impermissible benefits

Parcival

Reaction score
Gina Ford, Zion's former marketing agent, is suing Williamson for $100 million and claims he received "money, benefits, favors, or other things of value" to sign with the Duke Blue Devils.

Man Duke would be so screwed if this has any traction.

Duke didn’t know he received those things from third parties. And those third parties have nothing to do with the school.

Can she prove otherwise?

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that his Mom landed a nice job after Zion landed at Duke

Looking forward to seeing the spin on this. It'll be flying everywhere from the Dukies and their designated cheerleaders (Bilas, Vitale, Nantz, etc..) if anything tarnishes Duke and coach K's beloved image.

I will say this: If anyone thinks everything with Zion's recruitment was truly on the up and up, they're living in a dreamworld.

Until people stop watching college athletics, this will continue.

Looking forward to seeing the spin on this. It'll be flying everywhere from the Dukies and their designated cheerleaders (Bilas, Vitale, Nantz, etc..) if anything tarnishes Duke and coach K's beloved image.

I will say this: If anyone thinks everything with Zion's recruitment was truly on the up and up, they're living in a dreamworld.
Actually Nantz has a favorite ACC team and it is not Duke. Giving families benefits is scum. Every person has to decide how to conduct themselves. Including fans deciding which programs to support.

Reactions: MRJ

Actually Nantz has a favorite ACC team and it is not Duke. Giving families benefits is scum. Every person has to decide how to conduct themselves. Including fans deciding which programs to support.

So, you've been around the block, what's your take on Coach K and Duke? Clean or dirty?

And yet, some still hold these institution in high esteem and claim all the players go there for the better coaching....

So, you've been around the block, what's your take on Coach K and Duke? Clean or dirty?
He oversees a program that cheats the system, that is is not clean to me. Recruits see him differently. If ever asked i would tell them he used to be a great teacher.

And yet, some still hold these institution in high esteem and claim all the players go there for the better coaching....
Recruits and their families love him and that brand and that elite school. There are not many schools on that level. There are better coaches and there are a lot of basketball people that know it. It does not matter what we think, it matters what players think. Hell, UVA can not get Duke level players from the state of Virginia so they find players from all over and lately from Carolina. Matter of time before some of those kids catch on, it is about to happen in the following classes But right now the vast majority of kids love Duke. Smart coaches take advantage of it as a natural filter to find out who really wants to be part of the college experience, who really wants to go to your school.

So now we know Kansas, UNC, and Duke are all dirty. It makes me ill that all these coaches are talked about with such reverence. They win because they get the best players, they get the best players because they cheat. Therefore these coaches are nothing special. What these coaches teach their kids is how to cheat and then front to the whole world. How much did the Jones boys get?

Now we know a big reason why Pitino is losing a lot of these recruiting battles for Mn kids.

Last edited:

Sure I'd pick Duke too if I got a bag with 100 grand in it. Screw all these schools. Everyone says the ncaa needs these blue bloods, but the ncaa tournament will still be exciting and will be just fine financially without Duke and kansas and arizona in it for a couple of years. How can anybody take these guys serious anymore?

Sure I'd pick Duke too if I got a bag with 100 grand in it. Screw all these schools. Everyone says the ncaa needs these blue bloods, but the ncaa tournament will still be exciting and will be just fine financially without Duke and kansas and arizona in it for a couple of years. How can anybody take these guys serious anymore?
The last final 4 played was here 13 months ago and was played without them and was spectacular. One of my favorite things about following UVA is the fact that Duke has won one ACC title since Bennett got to UVA and that one was in his 1st year. Bennett played it clean and has 4 of those. Kansas steals UVA recruits shadowing offers and does not surpass them. Arizona is not worth mentioning.

The last final 4 played was here 13 months ago and was played without them and was spectacular. One of my favorite things about following UVA is the fact that Duke has won one ACC title since Bennett got to UVA and that one was in his 1st year. Bennett played it clean and has 4 of those. Kansas steals UVA recruits shadowing offers and does not surpass them. Arizona is not worth mentioning.
Exactly, I agree. Nobody wants them to win it anyway. The ncaa tournament will be awesome every year no matter whether any of blue bloods are in it or not.

Exactly, I agree. Nobody wants them to win it anyway. The ncaa tournament will be awesome every year no matter whether any of blue bloods are in it or not.
Would love a organization that tolerates zero cheating. It has to start with administrations that demand character about all and would never endorse coaches who cut corners.

In Nantz's case, I was thinking more along the lines of his incessant slobbering over all things Duke during CBS' coverage of the NCAA Tournament last year. Until then, I had always considered him somewhat objective, but the way he, Raftery and Grant Hill fan-girled at each Duke game was utterly ridiculous.

The rest I completely agree with you on.

Coach K is trash. He is not a good coach and he is a shitty person. One of my least favorite coaches in the country. Fuck Coach K.

That being said, nothing will happen here.

I couldn’t agree with you more. It was so much fun to watch the final four with no Blue Bloods. It makes me smile ear to ear.

So now we know Kansas, UNC, and Duke are all dirty. It makes me ill that all these coaches are talked about with such reverence. They win because they get the best players, they get the best players because they cheat. Therefore these coaches are nothing special. What these coaches teach their kids is how to cheat and then front to the whole world. How much did the Jones boys get?

Now we know a big reason why Pitino is losing a lot of these recruiting battles for Mn kids.
#excusesareforlosers

#levelplaytingfield

Would love a organization that tolerates zero cheating. It has to start with administrations that demand character about all and would never endorse coaches who cut corners.
An organization say, like the NCAA????????

Is this the same shoe company that made the shoe that almost cost Zion a serious injury?

I feel sorry for Coach K - that wrist slap will sting for a few minutes.

And I assume the same is true to a lesser extent for kids like Hurt. Again, I don't blame them, I'd probably be tempted by the money too. But it's a reflection on all involved.

Recruits and their families love him and that brand and that elite school. There are not many schools on that level. There are better coaches and there are a lot of basketball people that know it. It does not matter what we think, it matters what players think. Hell, UVA can not get Duke level players from the state of Virginia so they find players from all over and lately from Carolina. Matter of time before some of those kids catch on, it is about to happen in the following classes But right now the vast majority of kids love Duke. Smart coaches take advantage of it as a natural filter to find out who really wants to be part of the college experience, who really wants to go to your school.
So you are saying that giving players and their families money and make work jobs does not happen at Duke and their "elite" reputation is all that it takes for K to get whatever recruits he wants?
The Duke elite brand was initially academics but a crop of one and does who barely attend class has done nothing to foster Duke's academic standing.
Williamson will have to give a deposition under oath and answer the questions the plaintiff's attorney asks him. Williamson's family might be deposed also. That testimony is a public record.
Self, Miller and the LSU coach do not project the aura of purity K does. It is the hypocrisy that grates.
And it is unfair that schools that do not cheat a actually graduate BB players are made to compete with schools that cheat. It is not just.
This is one of many reasons I am delighted the NBA G league is now reducing the number of one and dones.

Top Bottom