Zach Lofton Update

Lofton just accepted the Timberwolves HC job and has named Fred Hoiberg as his top assistant.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>'U' is still processing the Zach Lofton paperwork -- recall Carson Shanks being denied. If academics check out, expect him to join <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a>.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/458291854845280256">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just don't see how someone would accidentally tweet something from a year ago.

It was actually what came to my mind immediately as well. Not sure how it would happen but with the wording it just makes sense. Either way, all indications are that as long as he is admitted he will be a Gopher.

I just don't see how someone would accidentally tweet something from a year ago.

If you don't send a tweet that you typed it will save in your drafts. If you don't delete your saved drafts they will send out after a while. So this may have happened.

If you don't send a tweet that you typed it will save in your drafts. If you don't delete your saved drafts they will send out after a while. So this may have happened.

Quite the coincidence that would happen the day of/before his announcement.

Quite the coincidence that would happen the day of/before his announcement.

Just pure speculation on my part, but maybe he pre-writes various tweets based on possible scenarios and saves them as drafts so that when news is confirmed, he can save time on getting the tweets out. If that was the case, he may have sent out the wrong drafted tweet.

I know. Far fetched to think someone goes through that much work to save thirty seconds writing a sentence or two. But nothing else seems to be make much more sense.

Just pure speculation on my part, but maybe he pre-writes various tweets based on possible scenarios and saves them as drafts so that when news is confirmed, he can save time on getting the tweets out. If that was the case, he may have sent out the wrong drafted tweet.

I know. Far fetched to think someone goes through that much work to save thirty seconds writing a sentence or two. But nothing else seems to be make much more sense.

Like this?

Wow...I see there's quite the discussion of a tweet that was up for literally 30 seconds. Last night I was tweeting while messaging Zach. The error occurred because we were kind of sporadically asking/answering questions and I
thought one of his responses answered one question when really it answered another. I jumped the gun by tweeting it and took it down a minute later. Iapologize for all of the confusion it appears I caused. What I posted on TGR is accurate. Lofton, like Shanks, still has to go through the admissions process.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>'U' is still processing the Zach Lofton paperwork -- recall Carson Shanks being denied. If academics check out, expect him to join <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a>.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/458291854845280256">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

hopefully "join" means walk-on.

I'm sure this has been posted already, but:

Zach Lofton
#23 G Sophomore Illinois State Redbirds

2013-14
FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% AST TO
109-322 .339 50-171 .292 46 46

I'm sure this has been posted already, but:

Zach Lofton
#23 G Sophomore Illinois State Redbirds

2013-14
FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% AST TO
109-322 .339 50-171 .292 46 46

I don't believe his shooting percentages have been mentioned yet.

Just kidding.

Jigga are you related to him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

@AmeliaRayno: Braziel on Lofton's visit to MN: "That's where Zach wanted to go long before he ever went to Illinois State."

Cool tape of him versus Northern Iowa last season.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v01vwlss_s8

No wonder he shot a .292 clip from 3. Shot selection in this tape is awful. Probably would benefit from having the ball move a little more so he could get more open looks.

New movie coming out, compliments of GopherHole: Over Analyze This.

So if the U is processing his transcripts, paperwork etc does that mean he would walk on next year, or if he comes is it a scholarship for all three years? Either way I'd like him, nothing wrong with a guy who has an assassin's mentality and with the surrounding talent of a big ten roster there's no way he'll be asked to shoot the team back into a game, unless he's red hot. I would still make a play for Martin for next year, if we don't get him than take Konate. Just my opinion

So if the U is processing his transcripts, paperwork etc does that mean he would walk on next year, or if he comes is it a scholarship for all three years? Either way I'd like him, nothing wrong with a guy who has an assassin's mentality and with the surrounding talent of a big ten roster there's no way he'll be asked to shoot the team back into a game, unless he's red hot. I would still make a play for Martin for next year, if we don't get him than take Konate. Just my opinion

This is what I was hoping. When Shanks was waiting on admissions it was because he was going to walk on his first year and potentially earn a scholarship the following year. Hopefully Lofton pays his way during his redshirt year so we can sign both Martin and Konate this year. Then when Martin leaves next year, Lofton can have his scholarship.

So is he still announcing today?

Braziel said he doesn't think Lofton is talking seriously with any other schools right now. He mentioned Lofton could consider going the Division II route if the right program came along if he decided he didn't want to sit out a year.

I would guess not, but who knows with the way this is playing out.

This has me more intrigued...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zach Lofton's bio says he was born Nov1992. When eligible after a transfer he'll be a 24 year old junior, 25 years old senior. Mature talent</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/457187450947792896">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

Along with Gaston, we could really have some "men" on the roster. I believe Gaston would be 22 and 23 during Lofton's Jr (24) and Sr (25) years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Zach Lofton's bio says he was born Nov1992. When eligible after a transfer he'll be a 24 year old junior, 25 years old senior. Mature talent</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/457187450947792896">April 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

Along with Gaston, we could really have some "men" on the roster. I believe Gaston would be 22 and 23 during Lofton's Jr (24) and Sr (25) years.

James' point is taken, but wouldn't it be a 23 year old junior and a 24 year old senior? If he sits out a year, his 24th birthday would be early in his senior (5th) season.

His age has me more concerned than intrigued
I fear the possibility of spending 2 years of scholarship to get one year of play
Life has the habit of getting in the way at 25, plus the possibility of a graduate transfer

I fear the possibility of spending 2 years of scholarship to get one year of play
Life has the habit of getting in the way at 25, plus the possibility of a graduate transfer

If he is a walk on this year, I really don't care if he only plays one year.

I thought the same thing about his age. Not wanting to get ahead of ourselves for a guy that may not end up being here, but if I was 24 (assuming that is what he'll be after his second year here) and had a chance to play overseas and make a few hundred thousand, it would be hard to pass up. The window is short. Anyway, hopefully we get resolution soon and if he's here, let's hope this works out for everyone.

Go Gophers!!

Konate would also be 20 next year

Top Bottom