Your Gophers are amazing

libradawg

Reaction score
I was here 2 years ago to tell you good game after Iowa won by only 5 and to beat Wisconsin, because I'd rather it be you than them. Didn't work out but I posted during the Outback Bowl bc there's nothing like the B1G beating the SEC.

Wisconsin was playing for a spot in the championship game and they were geared up, but you thoroughly outclassed them. You did it without your best running backs. Adjustment takes time and cost you games, which is why I don't even really consider this an upset.

Thank you for taking these arrogant bastards down. I would've loved it every year but to give us a NY6 chance really spikes the gratefulness, lol. You have your Coach you can't ever let go, you have a strong nucleus. I'm thrilled that Iowa is going to Indy, but bc of 2 years ago I'm really happy about who sent us there. Thank you again!

I was here 2 years ago to tell you good game after Iowa won by only 5 and to beat Wisconsin, because I'd rather it be you than them. Didn't work out but I posted during the Outback Bowl bc there's nothing like the B1G beating the SEC.

Wisconsin was playing for a spot in the championship game and they were geared up, but you thoroughly outclassed them. You did it without your best running backs. Adjustment takes time and cost you games, which is why I don't even really consider this an upset.

Thank you for taking these arrogant bastards down. I would've loved it every year but to give us a NY6 chance really spikes the gratefulness, lol. You have your Coach you can't ever let go, you have a strong nucleus. I'm thrilled that Iowa is going to Indy, but bc of 2 years ago I'm really happy about who sent us there. Thank you again!

Thanks for the post. Good luck vs Michigan.

Thanks for the words, but I still hope Iowa loses.
Lol I hear ya and don't blame you. I don't expect to change minds here, but there's also the fact that if we win the B1G won't be represented in the CFP. That bodes poorly for us in this game.

This is as good of a place as any to bring up an old argument here on Gopherhole where people don't typically change their mind. I am firmly in the "pull for B1G teams when they play out of conference or in bowl games" camp. Although my two favorite opponents to beat are Wisconsin and Iowa, I do not get immersed in bravado and spew hatred to the point it overcomes my desire to always keep the B1G strong and prestigious. This is particularly true in any matchup with an SEC school. Nothing bugs me more than the SEC.

This is as good of a place as any to bring up an old argument here on Gopherhole where people don't typically change their mind. I am firmly in the "pull for B1G teams when they play out of conference or in bowl games" camp. Although my two favorite opponents to beat are Wisconsin and Iowa, I do not get immersed in bravado and spew hatred to the point it overcomes my desire to always keep the B1G strong and prestigious. This is particularly true in any matchup with an SEC school. Nothing bugs me more than the SEC.
Well said and all true, but I really like it when Nebraska loses to anyone. It's the Wyoming in me.

I, for the most part agree. I do not root against the B1G outside of conference play as it only lifts the conference and makes us look better. If WI beats ND and we beat WI, that's better for us. Bowl games get harder as bragging rights come in to play and friends can be "annoying". Rooting for WI or NE in bowl games is a challenge.

Since the conference rooting has come up, I'm wondering if the entire B1G is rooting against us? I said earlier that Iowa winning knocks the conference out of the CFP. All year we were trying to figure out which TWO teams would make it, lol. Long story short I'm worried Iowa will be drowning in flags. Thank you Great Plains Gopher for explicitly saying he's rooting against scUM, but I'm really curious about the rest of the fans here and the B1G at large.

I

Echo those sentiments. I have a ton of respect for the Gophers as well as the Badgers. I am annoyed with Purdue because they seem to have Iowa’s number every year. And I always cheer for every B1G school out of conference and during bowl season. With one exception- Nebraska.

OK, we still hate Iowa but Wisconsin doesn't even deserve that chant. I know your biggest rival is Iowa State, many Gopher fans are shocked and disappointed about that. Well, Iowa isn't our biggest rival either.

OK, we still hate Iowa but Wisconsin doesn't even deserve that chant. I know your biggest rival is Iowa State, many Gopher fans are shocked and disappointed about that. Well, Iowa isn't our biggest rival either.
Actually I consider Wisconsin to be the most hated team here. Iowa St. is and always will be little brother. Normally they're unranked and play us as if we're their Superbowl, so I was morbidly curious what they'd look like with pre-season top 10 rankings. It was exactly like I expected. I can't feel that hatred towards Minnesota, even though your massive basketball comeback had me smelling blood. If your entire RB room wasn't injured it might've made a difference this year.

Actually I consider Wisconsin to be the most hated team here. Iowa St. is and always will be little brother. Normally they're unranked and play us as if we're their Superbowl, so I was morbidly curious what they'd look like with pre-season top 10 rankings. It was exactly like I expected. I can't feel that hatred towards Minnesota, even though your massive basketball comeback had me smelling blood. If your entire RB room wasn't injured it might've made a difference this year.
Yeah, Iowa State seems like a little brother to the Gophers also. They played many times in the way distant past and a few times in the last 30 years. They've beaten us only once, that I can remember anyway. It was some 3rd tier bowl game when Tim Brewster was the coach.

Wisconsin has been a big rivalry since day one and remained strong no matter how lopsided it gets at times. Another win next year for the Gophers and the overall series will be tied, 62-62-8.

Since the conference rooting has come up, I'm wondering if the entire B1G is rooting against us? I said earlier that Iowa winning knocks the conference out of the CFP. All year we were trying to figure out which TWO teams would make it, lol. Long story short I'm worried Iowa will be drowning in flags. Thank you Great Plains Gopher for explicitly saying he's rooting against scUM, but I'm really curious about the rest of the fans here and the B1G at large.
I'm hoping MI wins. It should get us a better bowl.

Trust me. It would have made a difference. Our young backs did a nice job, but Mo was at whole different level. He also would have made Morgan's life easier by opening up some passing lanes.

Thanks LibraDawg. Your post seems sincere and we had great interactions with the Iowa fanbase in Iowa City about 7 years ago when a not very good Jerry Kill team led by Max Shortell took the field at Iowa City.
Not sure why the Wisconsin fanbase has bred so many entitled/drunk/rude fans but it's fun to see them get beat for sure.
I think their linebackers writing "death row" on their arms kind of sums up their level of class.

Thanks LibraDawg. Your post seems sincere and we had great interactions with the Iowa fanbase in Iowa City about 7 years ago when a not very good Jerry Kill team led by Max Shortell took the field at Iowa City.
Not sure why the Wisconsin fanbase has bred so many entitled/drunk/rude fans but it's fun to see them get beat for sure.
I think their linebackers writing "death row" on their arms kind of sums up their level of class.
Man, Jerry Kill was easily one of my favorite B1G coaches. I can't imagine going through what he did and then coaching at such a high level. If you were here 2 years ago most of the Iowa fan base would've told you to slam Wisconsin.

I worked there for a couple years before covid so I have all the practice being cool with opp fans, but some are more of a challenge than others. Wisconsin fans come up here, start fights, and that's before they invade our clubs and get REALLY throttled. They turn their heads and keep walking when you say *good game. * I know it's weird to come here after 2 years, but it's a real shame not being able to even communicate the most basic things to a fanbase.

IDK, I just love every chance to talk football.

Thanks for the nice comments Iowa fan.
Just don’t be mad that my three favorite teams are the Gophers and the two teams playing Wisconsin and Iowa!
Go Gophers and for this week only, Hail to the Victors!
Cause i hate Michigan too.

Nope! I rooted for you 3x loudly this year - against OSU, NEB, and Wisconsin. We'll see how our game goes but keep in mind scUM suspiciously couldn't play us last year. Cmon man, trust me they're worse than Iowa! Lol

For as much as it makes me want to punch walls when the Gophers lose to Iowa, I've always respected Ferentz and a good share of players at Iowa. Fry was before my time. Brian though, heh, I like him somewhere as much as I do Frost.

Top Bottom