Your Gophers are amazing

This is as good of a place as any to bring up an old argument here on Gopherhole where people don't typically change their mind. I am firmly in the "pull for B1G teams when they play out of conference or in bowl games" camp. Although my two favorite opponents to beat are Wisconsin and Iowa, I do not get immersed in bravado and spew hatred to the point it overcomes my desire to always keep the B1G strong and prestigious. This is particularly true in any matchup with an SEC school. Nothing bugs me more than the SEC.
Sorry. Can’t do it. The family and I walked back to our hotel after the Iowa loss and the fans pouring out the stadium calcified my Iowa hatred. That said, Agreed-classy OP, and thanks…I guess? I’m thinking 67-3 Michigan and I’ll enjoy every second. Beat Iowa Beat Sconny Ski U Mah

Actually I consider Wisconsin to be the most hated team here. Iowa St. is and always will be little brother. Normally they're unranked and play us as if we're their Superbowl, so I was morbidly curious what they'd look like with pre-season top 10 rankings. It was exactly like I expected. I can't feel that hatred towards Minnesota, even though your massive basketball comeback had me smelling blood. If your entire RB room wasn't injured it might've made a difference this year.
Likewise. While we are doing each other favors, could you get Ferentz to have the team take the week off leading up to the game against our Gophers next season... ;)

I was here 2 years ago to tell you good game after Iowa won by only 5 and to beat Wisconsin, because I'd rather it be you than them. Didn't work out but I posted during the Outback Bowl bc there's nothing like the B1G beating the SEC.

Wisconsin was playing for a spot in the championship game and they were geared up, but you thoroughly outclassed them. You did it without your best running backs. Adjustment takes time and cost you games, which is why I don't even really consider this an upset.

Thank you for taking these arrogant bastards down. I would've loved it every year but to give us a NY6 chance really spikes the gratefulness, lol. You have your Coach you can't ever let go, you have a strong nucleus. I'm thrilled that Iowa is going to Indy, but bc of 2 years ago I'm really happy about who sent us there. Thank you again!
who cares Iowa sucks

Sorry. Can’t do it. The family and I walked back to our hotel after the Iowa loss and the fans pouring out the stadium calcified my Iowa hatred. That said, Agreed-classy OP, and thanks…I guess? I’m thinking 67-3 Michigan and I’ll enjoy every second. Beat Iowa Beat Sconny Ski U Mah
Many fans do show a bad look for Iowa, especially now that liquor is more accessible now as of recently. After the IU game a video surfaced where some prick taunted 3 fans mercilessly, repeatedly asking for the score. Twitter fans and myself searched all IU Football forums to see if an apology could be issued.

People need to understand there's a fun way to do this. Via internet, no, you can't understand sarcasm. In person, good natured ribbings are awesome during the game and even better after. Fact is some people don't understand the best ways to live vicariously through a bunch of kids playing football. *shrug*

Likewise. While we are doing each other favors, could you get Ferentz to have the team take the week off leading up to the game against our Gophers next season... ;)
Well, we did take the last 5:00 off, taking the ball at the 3 and playing for the FG, giving you almost what, 1:50 to score? This is why fans in here seem to love Brian Ferentz. As long as he's impressing daddy with conservative calls yall have a chance.

We have more than a " chance " as we handed you the last 2 W's by conservative play calling and other self inflicted mistakes. MN now has the talent on the field to beat you consistently but until they do you have bragging rights.

I never cheer for wisconsin. In any sport. Under any circumstance. Nope.
Me too, but add michigan to that list.

Libradawg, you're a class act and a good conversation. Thanks for stopping by. That said, I would rather not have the BIG in the playoff if that team is (small m) michigan. Harblow annoys me to no end.

Since the conference rooting has come up, I'm wondering if the entire B1G is rooting against us? I said earlier that Iowa winning knocks the conference out of the CFP. All year we were trying to figure out which TWO teams would make it, lol. Long story short I'm worried Iowa will be drowning in flags. Thank you Great Plains Gopher for explicitly saying he's rooting against scUM, but I'm really curious about the rest of the fans here and the B1G at large.
Screw michigan.

I want Michigan to lose and the B10 to miss out on the CFP. Mostly because I value expanding the CFP playoff over getting the B10 represented.

Kirk seems like a decent dude. Maybe he starved his son of affection a little too much but he has never risen to dinkus territory while beating Mn consistently.
I hope that we can achieve that level of consistency and maybe smell the roses soon.
I remember being a kid at an Iowa wedding back around when Fry took over and it’s pretty amazing how he and his heir apparent were able to raise the program up.

I was here 2 years ago to tell you good game after Iowa won by only 5 and to beat Wisconsin, because I'd rather it be you than them. Didn't work out but I posted during the Outback Bowl bc there's nothing like the B1G beating the SEC.

Wisconsin was playing for a spot in the championship game and they were geared up, but you thoroughly outclassed them. You did it without your best running backs. Adjustment takes time and cost you games, which is why I don't even really consider this an upset.

Thank you for taking these arrogant bastards down. I would've loved it every year but to give us a NY6 chance really spikes the gratefulness, lol. You have your Coach you can't ever let go, you have a strong nucleus. I'm thrilled that Iowa is going to Indy, but bc of 2 years ago I'm really happy about who sent us there. Thank you again!

You’re welcome....I hope you had a fun night.

This is belated and probably not wanted, but this season felt kind of 2003ish from the outside.

Like Minnesota, if healthy and with an OC that didn't actively want to smash, smash, try a desperate alley oop as an offensive scheme, probably should have won the West. Michigan would have won, but I don't think MN would have been embarrassed. If you can start passing again, and if it's Kirk Ciawhatever again, I think you'll do well.

You guys had a very similar season to us. 8-4, at a glance, ain't horrible. But we should have gone 10-2. You should have gone 10-2. Good defense, solid run game. Forgot how to throw the ball.

Hopefully the OC change fixes you. ASU and Minnesota seem like somewhat parallel programs. At least you're not dealing with the NCAA Eye of Sauron that destroyed our recruiting class.

Top Bottom