Your chance to vote on the white pants at home look

I like 'em for the Military game, but never else. Ever, home or away.

the white pants looked stupid in the snow.

maybe early in the year when its hot outside, but not in a snowy cold day in november

MAROON OVER GOLD IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE HOME UNIFORM COMBINATION. :rolleyes:

The white pants need to go away for home games. They are fine on the road but at home we should always wear either Maroon or Gold pants.

You're not supposed to wear white pants after Labor Day........or was that shoes???.....something like that.:cool03:

Most people don't like them... But while I'm at school out here in DC, there were so many people from my graduate program and who live in my building who texted me or came up to me saying how amazing Minnesota's uniforms looked this weekend. The white pants are growing on me.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-co...e-football-national-championship-droughts.jpg

Those 1960 uni's from the last Natty Championship look pretty good. Put the strip down the side- go with this one as a combo including helmet one time a year to pay tribute to the last NC Gopher squad.

Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner. I agree 100%.

I would like it with the current unis as well if there was a stripe down the side.

Also, I would like gold pants, white jersey and gold helmet one or both of these final road games.

Let's take a look at a few schools (off the top of my head) who wear white pants:

PSU - school colors: blue and white
Wisconsin - school colors: cardinal and white
Mississippi State - school colors: maroon and white
Alabama - school colors: crimson and white
TCU - school colors: purple and white
Minnesota - school colors: maroon and gold

Hmm...one of these somehow seems different from the others.

Florida - school colors: blue and orange
Oklahoma State - school colors: black and orange
Oregon State - school colors: black and orange
Arizona - school colors: cardinal and navy blue
Clemson - school colors: purple and orange

I could go on...

Florida - school colors: blue and orange
Oklahoma State - school colors: black and orange
Oregon State - school colors: black and orange
Arizona - school colors: cardinal and navy blue
Clemson - school colors: purple and orange

I could go on...

Point taken. It looks equally stupid on those teams as well.

Home look? Just win!
What was sort of bizarre was watching these white pants turn pink during the game. Not a fan of this...

Home look? Just win!
What was sort of bizarre was watching these white pants turn pink during the game. Not a fan of this...

natural-blood-stain-remover-olivia-cleans-green.JPG

I prefer gold jersey/maroon pants or maroon jersey/gold pants. I am a big fan of our school colors, I think they look sharp, and I like to see lots of them and both of them in every uniform. I feel the same way about Minnesota's pro teams: I identify with the team and with their colors, let them fly!

The white pants need to go away for home games. They are fine on the road but at home we should always wear either Maroon or Gold pants.

This ^^ But, even on the road, could we at least put a Maroon stripe (possibly with Gold trim) down the sides of them?

With the yellow jersey they weren't awful, but still not good. With the maroon jerseys they were just hideous. Bleh.

Those are ugly yellow jerseys. Yes 'yellow' not gold.

Khaki pants I tell ya........if you want to use a neutral color be unique.

I prefer gold jersey/maroon pants or maroon jersey/gold pants. I am a big fan of our school colors, I think they look sharp, and I like to see lots of them and both of them in every uniform. I feel the same way about Minnesota's pro teams: I identify with the team and with their colors, let them fly!

This. We have two great colors to work with yet "they" shy away from them too much for my taste.

They were tolerable with gold helmets and jerseys.

With maroon jerseys though they're just hideous.

MAROON OVER GOLD IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE HOME UNIFORM COMBINATION. :rolleyes:

Agree, but I'm okay with Gold over Maroon at home, as well. I also like the point others have made regarding putting a maroon stripe down the white pants. That would help a lot.

I wonder if younger people have a higher propensity to like the white pants. Maybe it's a generational thing, which would explain why the palyers are voting on wearing them (assuming they are the ones making the choice).

Personally, I think the gold tops look awful and gold over white to me is the ugliest possible combo. But at least with gold pants, or even maroon pants, there's some semblance of non-awfulness there.

I'm with e.bigelow: maroon over gold. I don't mind the maroon over white or maroon over maroon, either, but they're not nearly as good. And ditch the gold hockey-helmets, please. Maroon helmets only.

But whatever, I'll watch them in any combo (but please, please, don't start thinking that black is one of our colors), and whatever the players like is fine with me if it keeps them happy.

I am in the minority here, but I would like to see consistently mono chrome. All white on the road with white helmets. All maroon and occasionally all gold at home. Tone the Gold down a bit though. This is the only solution.

LOVED the Gold hats and jerseys...white pants looked ridiculous with them. I vote for Gold on Gold on Gold at home.

Top Bottom