Your all-time favorite Gopher basketball player

Good call. Although Thomas did not make my list.... even though I loved him as a player. Really a great, tough competitor who improved a ton from his first year!!
Thomas was a standout HS player who became an okay freshman who became a fantastic college player as an upperclassman. I love the guy. I met him a couple times, and he (and Trevor Winter) were such mature people as young adults!

Childhood: Bobby Jackson
College years: Blake Hoffarber
Recent: Jordan Murphy

Murphy
Bobby J
Rodney Smith...ya I know, but the dude has some outstanding athletic plays

Ollie Shannon - across mid-court line and he was in range. AND, it only counted for two! Plus, he had the best smile ever. Nobody ever loved playing basketball more than Ollie Shannon.
You beat me on this one. There aren't enough O's in the word "smooth" to best describe Ollie Shannon, may he rest in peace.

-Flip Saunders - quintessential point guard and cool nickname
-Darryl Mitchell with the knee pads
-Kevin McHale -Hibbing's finest 6'10 Power Forward
-Sam Jacobsen-the white Dominque Wilkins
-Al Nolen- one tough dude

Easier to cheer for:
Jayson Walton
Damien Johnson
Dusty Rychart

Most fun to watch:
Bobby J
Sam Jacobson
Trevor Mbakwe

Top three:

Jim Brewer
Ray Williams
Bobby Jackson

Honorable mention: Clyde Turner

Sam Jacobson. Local kid. Highly recruited, came here anyway. Unreal athleticism. Excellent shooter as I recall.

If Trevor Mbakwe could have shot free throws better, he'd probably be number one because he was just so much fun to watch. But I always cringed when he got to the stripe near the end of games.

Bobby Jackson and Mychal Thompson, and don't forget about Steve Linggggggggenfelter.

How about Tom Kondla averaged 23 points and 10.2 rebounds his last two seasons when there was only three years of eligibility.

Voshon Lenard, Damien Johnson, Bobby Jackson, Austin Hollins, Lawrence Westbrook, Jordan Murphy

I would have a hard time picking one. All of them played hard every night.

My choice would be any player whose banner is hanging from the rafters!

I should have included Town Orr. That guy was a gamer.

I remember kind of panicking every time he dribbled the ball up the court. Struck me as exciting but a little out of control at times. He was no Arriel McDonald or Marc Wilson in the point guard role, but certainly much better than many others.

Lou Hudson
Voshon Lenard
Bobby Jackson
Rick Rickert

Mark Olberding - If he had stayed I can't help but think he would be the all time favorite, top scorer and rebounder as a freshman on a good Gopher squad.

MychalThompson
Willie Burton
Jordan Murphy
Vincent Grier
Bobby Jackson

Growing Up: Osborne Lockhart all name team as well, Jules really made his intro stand out.

College years: Melvin Newbern

Early Adult: Courtney James

Past Decade: Jordan Murphy

Bobby Jackson for me (only picking one).

A little surprised there isn't a little more Archie Clark love for those who are going to the way back machine. He and Lou Hudson were an awesome tandem.

Lou Hudson
Jim Brewer
Bobby Jackson

Top Bottom