WR Drew Wolitarsky is a Gopher!!!

GopherInPittsburgh

Reaction score
@KevinCarden
Canyon WR Drew Wolitarsky just announced his commitment to #Minnesota.

@AnnabelStephan: Canyon WR Drew Wolitarsky has committed to #Minnesota. Will have exclusive vid coming to FoxSportsNEXT... #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Nice Nice Nice.....Looks like another Decker. Great hands!

@sportsbysteger: #Gophers snag its second WR commit, Drew Wolitarsky. The Californian has set the all-time California receiving record.

Go Gophers!!

Excellent news. Should fit in nicely.

AWESOME. Just saw his name on our committed list on Rivals. Didn't see the feed / audio of him though. Terrible on-line broadcast of that All-Star Game.

This makes me feel better after the whole Nate Andrews thing. 6-3 200..nice.

Awesome! Welcome aboard Drew!! Very excited to see what he can bring to the maroon & gold.

Saw him catch 2 passes in the BMW South Bay Bowl tonite. He looked very natural catching the ball and has nice size. Eric Decker II.

Google Drew Wolitarsky for lots of good articles. Welcome to Minnesota, Drew.

Great pick-up, I'm excited to see him in maroon and gold!

The staff has targeted him for a long time, so it's nice to get a commitment from him, even a late one.

Seems like a good get. I wonder what is keeping people away from him in terms of his offer list. Good size, set California receiving records which can't be overlooked, seems to have good grades yet outside of Arizona and Minnesota BCS schools have stayed away. The rivals 40 time is on the low side but other than that it just seems like with his profile he should be getting more national attention than he is which makes me wonder what if anything are we missing about him?

We certainly need receivers so hopefully he turns out to be a great one for us.

It still seems fishy to me why he has such little BCS interest, but beggars can't be choosers. Our coaching staff has done an excellent job coaching up our WR corps. I expect him to do well.

So many comparisons to Decker, yet he hasn't caught a Gopher pass yet.

We'll see how he goes, Gophers need guys that can get seperation or create space, run a route and catch the ball.

Decker had all of those skills, was consistent, and great at making adjustments to balls that were thrown near him, but not on the numbers. This helped him create a dynamic with the QB. And get more balls thrown his way.

Hopefully this guy along with some of our other receivers can do that too. But I wouldn't compare him with Decker or any past great Gopher receiver until he shows some things as a Gopher.

Edit: I am happy with the get though. Always nice to have a record breaker on the squad.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

It still seems fishy to me why he has such little BCS interest, but beggars can't be choosers. Our coaching staff has done an excellent job coaching up our WR corps. I expect him to do well.

I think it s purely speed that kept schools away. Not sue what hw competition was like that he competed against. Seems to be an excellent route runner which a team can always use.

Man, if Andre McDonald can get his act together, we could have a great receiving corps in a year or two. McDonald, Harbison, Wolitarsky, and a slew of other players that could make an impact. They should really help Nelson grow and develop as a QB.

This was nice to hear over the weekend. I wonder if he will eventually move to TE because of his size (6-3 215lbs)?

He'll start, mark my words. He has all the same mannerisms as Decker ( I've seen 2-3,interviews)
If you look at his clips he creates separation and is tough to bring down. He is a pretty strong kid,
Catches everything with his large hands ( like Decker ) and uses his body ( great stiff arm)
very well. Toughness? He also played safety/corner on the defensive side of the ball. Right now, he and Edwards are the top two recruits in this class so far

Top Bottom