WOW: Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to coach Cleveland Cavs

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Wow, not a great time to have to hire a new coach for UM. Candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I hope they hire Tubby!

Whoa...never saw that one coming...:eek:

Raise your hand if saw that coming.

Good hire by Cavs with a young team.

Wow, not a great time to have to hire a new coach for UM. Candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend who is a huge Michigan fan and spends as much time on their boards as I do here tells me Luke Yaklich is the most likely hire, at least for an interim.

Bad time of the year to launch a coaching search but maybe they’ll pull a coach from a mid-Major? Not sure that is the Michigan Way

This will shift the balance of power in the conference. Beilein was one of the best coaches in the college game and losing him will negatively impact Michigan without question. Really interested to see who they'll hire.

Will we find out if Chris Beard really, really loves Lubbock, Texas?

Michigan's first phone call?

I bet they go after someone big... to be seen whether this will damage the basketball program

This will shift the balance of power in the conference. Beilein was one of the best coaches in the college game and losing him will negatively impact Michigan without question. Really interested to see who they'll hire.

I heard they might go after Pitino ;)

wow! that's a shocker. will be interesting to see who they can real in for the coaching job

they have 2 SF commits....if Coffey leaves we could offer 25-30 minutes of playing time right out of the gates

My friend who is a huge Michigan fan and spends as much time on their boards as I do here tells me Luke Yaklich is the most likely hire, at least for an interim.

Bad time of the year to launch a coaching search but maybe they’ll pull a coach from a mid-Major? Not sure that is the Michigan Way

Yaklich is brilliant defensively. Be interesting to see him run a program.

Wow is an understatement... didn't see that coming

Terrible blow for Michigan, JB ran it straight and won big. Pitino sr, will through his hat it but administration may view him as toxic. Beard just got a new deal with a very heavy buyout and due to a family issue is staying in the state of Texas.

First phone call: Rick Pitino!

Jim Harbough will now coach basketball and football.

Terrible blow for Michigan, JB ran it straight and won big. Pitino sr, will through his hat it but administration may view him as toxic. Beard just got a new deal with a very heavy buyout and due to a family issue is staying in the state of Texas.

I think Beard is just waiting for UT to open up next year, otherwise if TT keeps upping their resources why leave? I also wonder if they see an NBA guy coming back in to take the job. Donovan may be sick of Westbrook, Stevens, or an asst. alum like Juwan Howard?

Holy crap. Maybe now we'll actually beat Michigan for a change.

Have to think Iggy is now for sure not coming back right? His coach left and never know how things change with a different coach, even an assistant.

Go Gophers!!

Maybe if the Cav's maintain their luck in the NBA Lottery, Beilein can have success. Otherwise, some school in 2021 or 2022 is going to make an awesome hire when he returns to the NCAA ranks.

Top Bottom