Wow: Kirk Ciarrocca Takes OC Job at Rutgers

Kirk is nothing if not loyal.

Go Gophers!!
I don't think he ever wanted to be in this state long term.

Getting the Penn State offer was a dream job. Then they collapsed during the covid season and Franklin threw KC out on his ass to save himself.

Also, the idea that Fleck will ever give the OC full "autonomy" is laughable.

This is Fleck's offense. Always has been and will be. No person on Earth is going to come in here and get Fleck's blessing to start throwing the ball 70% of the time.
You could absolutely be correct. But if you are, it would show that PJ refuses to grow and adapt as a coach, much like what you see in Iowa right now. Even Saben realized a few years back that if Alabama was going to stay at the top and compete, he had to change his offense. Let’s just see what PJ does.

There was nothing wrong with the offense against Wisconsin.

That's the offense we can thrive, quite well, with. I would guess Simon knows how to call that offense.

Simon? Bring in someone with some successful experience. I’m not even sure Simon has succeeded as a WR coach.

well, I don't see a separate thread on this, so someone has to ask the Big Question?

WTF is going on at MN?

three assistant coaches leaving in the same week? right after Burns leaves for a HC job. that's 4 assistant coaches leaving - including one coordinator.

Is it money?

does it have something to do with personalities?

Look, Haley and Haynes each had prior relationships with the HC's who hired them. Burns got a shot at being a HC. those are understandable.

But Kirk C. making a lateral move - to a less successful program? Yes, he worked with Schiano before - but that was 12 years ago.

I have no inside information. just human experience of working at various jobs.

So I will just say this. all things being equal, you are less likely to leave a job that you like or a situation that you're happy with. you are more likely to leave if you don't like your current situation, or you think you can do better somewhere else. And - Fleck's new contract included higher pay for assistant coaches, so that makes money less likely as an issue.

Somebody - Fleck - Coyle - somebody - needs to be asking some questions about what is going on.

in closing - I will be watching the portal very closely to see if all of the coaching changes have an impact on the Gophers' roster.

So is Paul Chryst.

I like Chryst as an O-coordinator. Maybe he'd rather be a head coach somewhere or in the NFL, but but OC fit him. Not saying he'd ever work for a former rival. That said, PJ was always highly complimentary to both Chryst and Leonhard publicly.

Hasn’t PJ said in the past that he won’t hire an OC who hasn’t coached QBs?

well, I don't see a separate thread on this, so someone has to ask the Big Question?

WTF is going on at MN?

three assistant coaches leaving in the same week? right after Burns leaves for a HC job. that's 4 assistant coaches leaving - including one coordinator.

Is it money?

does it have something to do with personalities?

Look, Haley and Haynes each had prior relationships with the HC's who hired them. Burns got a shot at being a HC. those are understandable.

But Kirk C. making a lateral move - to a less successful program? Yes, he worked with Schiano before - but that was 12 years ago.

I have no inside information. just human experience of working at various jobs.

So I will just say this. all things being equal, you are less likely to leave a job that you like or a situation that you're happy with. you are more likely to leave if you don't like your current situation, or you think you can do better somewhere else. And - Fleck's new contract included higher pay for assistant coaches, so that makes money less likely as an issue.

Somebody - Fleck - Coyle - somebody - needs to be asking some questions about what is going on.

in closing - I will be watching the portal very closely to see if all of the coaching changes have an impact on the Gophers' roster.
Timing is everything. People are going to move on. I'm sure Coyle and Fleck talk about assistant coaches as to what is going on. Players move on now if you look at them wrong on a particular day. Way too much freedom and has upset the ranks in both coaches and players.

Why does Schanio keep looking at PJs staff? There are other places to look for coaches. Note we are not looking at Rutgers assistants

Really really confused if this turns out to be true. Certainly a burned bridge at this point between Kirk and PJ if it is true. PJ brought you back, got over you leaving him the first time, said no hard feelings, and you just signed an extension and then you leave again?

Maybe Kirk doesn't like MN for some reason? Maybe Schiano is offering Kirk more freedom in the offense? What else could there be?

Favorite KC moment?
When he asked Coach Fleck "How about we go ahead and win this game?" and dialed up the home-run TD throw to Bateman against Indiana.

Looked for a rush heavy offense that had more total offense then us and landed on UAB, but UCF just hired their OC so that doesn't work

So is Paul Chryst.
images

I don't think he ever wanted to be in this state long term.

Getting the Penn State offer was a dream job. Then they collapsed during the covid season and Franklin threw KC out on his ass to save himself.
He's an East coast guy. Sounds like substantial raise too

Maybe Tanner Morgan graduates right to OC.../s

If hiring outside, I'd give one/both of the co-OCs at Western Kentucky a look. Just doing some quick searching they have the highest ranked total offense of a non-P5 team for the 2022 season...
So you would just blindly give the job to the OC of the highest ranked total offense from a non P5 team?

Because last time went so well?
What does that have to do with anything?
Last time went so bad with Simon as Co-OC and WR coach!

You say that like it’s an argument for Simon and it’s actually an argument against Simon

He's an East coast guy. Sounds like substantial raise too
If he is getting 1.5-2 million per year and we got the approval from the university to match…I would rather take those dollars to the open market than have KC anyways.

So you would just blindly give the job to the OC of the highest ranked total offense from a non P5 team?
Of course not, but it does give you a way to find some coaches who appear to coach a good offense for further evaluation

Top Bottom