Wow: Kirk Ciarrocca Takes OC Job at Rutgers

Yes, I think the "use it or lose it" theory totally had an impact on the passing offense. And yet, it took a ball bouncing off a receiver's pads directly into the hands of a DB as MN was driving for the winning score vs. Iowa to lose that game (the game where the "use it or lose it" issue was most glaring). Here's hoping for more balance next year.
Same could be said for the Purdue game where another key pass bounced right off the hands of the receiver and into the arms of a defender to eliminate a sure TD and cause us to get no points. Not sure throwing more passes over the course of other games would have changed what happened on either of those plays.

Same could be said for the Purdue game where another key pass bounced right off the hands of the receiver and into the arms of a defender to eliminate a sure TD and cause us to get no points. Not sure throwing more passes over the course of other games would have changed what happened on either of those plays.

The Purdue game was definitely not an example of "use it or lose it". MN came out passing against Purdue but all aspects of that offense were hot garbage that day. Dropped balls. Poorly thrown passes. Star RB injured and backup RB very ineffective. O-line not ready for Purdue's shooting gaps hard (you have to give them credit). O-Coordinator and O-Line coaches not adjusting enough for Purdue's very aggressive defense. And still, MN wins that game with players just making a couple more routine plays instead of shatting the bed. Hell, Michigan lost to an inferior TCU team by shatting the bed. It happens.

He was able to start 4 years without significant injury, that is pretty good.
No one argued he wasn't durable, however he did not avoid contact well at all. It's one of his weaknesses.

Decided to take a look at the football coaching staff for Rutgers. Good lord the size of college football support staffs has gotten insane. Used to be much more limited....wow.....

Decided to take a look at the football coaching staff for Rutgers. Good lord the size of college football support staffs has gotten insane. Used to be much more limited....wow.....

I think the Florida gators have something like 100 or more on their staff.

I think the Florida gators have something like 100 or more on their staff.
Used to be that NFL staffs were huge but college staffs were very limited. I knew they had loosened things up in recent years but I guess I didn't realize just how much they had until I looked at Rutgers massive support staff. We have a large one as well but I think their support staff is even bigger.

Top Bottom