Wow Calipari can recruit!

I didn't rip Wooden at all. He cheated MORE EFFECTIVELY than any college coach ever did.

Calipari is the best coach in college basketball, Huggins somewhere in Top 10 or so.

Whatever. I've never seen Wooden so plainly accused of cheating as you're implying. Maybe he did. I don't really know or care. He retired before I was born. All I've ever heard is former players talk about all of the great life lessons he taught them. I've never heard anyone saying such thigns about Slick Cal. Either way Wooden is far less of a sleazeball then Coach Cal on his best day. Period.

To be fair to our dear friend....

FOT, he does not want to hear that Kentucky is cheating. He is a Kentucky fan (and a Tubby fan, and a Cincy fan, and a Purdue fan etc.) and thus does not want to see the obvious....and I don't blame him.

Is Calipari a great recruiter.....no doubt, but when you involve Worldwide Wes, and his well known ability to deliver players to certain schools, there can be doubt what's going on there. As great a tradition as they have there......no one is that good.

It is tough to trace cash, but believe me this guy is dirty, the evidence will be uncovered, and the Big Blue faithful will be left with whatever hardware can be delivered before Cal escapes to the NBA with millions of bluegrass dollars.

The Wooden rap seems unfair.

I followed the Bruins pretty closely in the 1960s and 1970s. I never heard any ethical complaints against Wooden. Just the opposite, he seemed very upright. Maybe I'm wrong but the charge sounds pretty outrageous.

I followed the Bruins pretty closely in the 1960s and 1970s. I never heard any ethical complaints against Wooden. Just the opposite, he seemed very upright. Maybe I'm wrong but the charge sounds pretty outrageous.

Ever hear of Sam Gilbert?

Do a little research.

Spend some time reading up on Sam Gilbert, and what role he took in Wooden's rise to greatness. The players (from Alcindor to Walton) all called him "Papa Sam", and he supplied them with money, cars, houses, and then became their agents after they left UCLA.

Wooden's program cheated more and for longer than any program in history. Just another example of the hypocrisy of the NCAA.

Oh, please. Any Bruin of that era will tell you the story. It's widely known.

Whatever. I've never seen Wooden so plainly accused of cheating as you're implying. Maybe he did. I don't really know or care. He retired before I was born. All I've ever heard is former players talk about all of the great life lessons he taught them. I've never heard anyone saying such thigns about Slick Cal. Either way Wooden is far less of a sleazeball then Coach Cal on his best day. Period.

Indeed - Coach Wooden >>> Calipari.

But UCLA cheated under his tenure.

FOT, he does not want to hear that Kentucky is cheating. He is a Kentucky fan (and a Tubby fan, and a Cincy fan, and a Purdue fan etc.) and thus does not want to see the obvious....and I don't blame him.

Is Calipari a great recruiter.....no doubt, but when you involve Worldwide Wes, and his well known ability to deliver players to certain schools, there can be doubt what's going on there. As great a tradition as they have there......no one is that good.

It is tough to trace cash, but believe me this guy is dirty, the evidence will be uncovered, and the Big Blue faithful will be left with whatever hardware can be delivered before Cal escapes to the NBA with millions of bluegrass dollars.

On the contrary, Kentucky cheated in 1950's - 60's - 70's - 80's and received NCAA penalties in 1953, 1964, 1976, 1988 and 1989 to prove it.

Kentucky is not cheating now.

Kentucky is not cheating now.

:eek::blah: wow, talking about living in your own world.

If i were a top guard I would play for him. His last 3 pg's, wall, rose, evans.

Top Bottom