Would you date a rival’s cheerleader? (help with research)

I had WI ranked as #1 and am unfortunately dating a Badger fan, not very hardcore and she'll wear Gopher gear so it's alright. But I only put somewhat agree when asked if I would be willing to marry a Badger fan, is that wrong?

This must be a trick question because there's no way a cheerleader would date a dork that visits message boards all day.

Wisc. 70%

Iowa 30%

No one else really matters that much.

50 Wisconsin. 35 Iowa. 10 Michigan. 5 Nebraska

This feels like Family Feud. Survey says:

WI: 60
IA: 35
MI: 5

We're looking to answer that question by conducting research on college football rivalries across the country. Please take our survey to tell us what rivalry means to Minnesota fans, and we'll come back to share the results later in the year. As an added incentive, we'll give away three Amazon gift cards ($100, $50, $50) via a random drawing on or about September 10.

http://nkubusiness.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1R2QsOIXzkdM8IZ&mbsrc=mb0262

Thanks in advance for helping with our research!

(To Mods: Sorry if this isn't acceptable use of the board or if you'd like it posted elsewhere, just please let us know and we'll remove it)

Dr. David Tyler, Western Carolina University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University

While taking this survey I realized I hate Iowa more than Wisconsin.

Just curious, how did you rank the rivals? I had Wisconsin and Iowa at 40 each and Michigan at 20, although in retrospect I think Michigan would be beter at 10, only for the Jug.

33 Wiscy
32 Iowa
32 Michigan
03 Nebraska

I married a Wisconsinite. What can I say, she got her Masters at the U.

That was a fun survey. Some of the questions made me laugh out loud at how I realized I oddly take pleasure in the Badgers failure, even if it is potential failure via a survey!

I did UW 70%, Iowa 30%.

Go Gophers!!

I married a Wisconsin Badger. I never anticipated that prior to meeting her. I consider Wisconsin the bigger rivalry, but I don't hate Wisconsin people. I hate losing to Wisconsin. I dislike Iowa fans more right now because they've behaved more uncivilized than anyone else at our games in recent years, but I don't hate Iowa people.

I did 43 (wisc), 34 (iowa), 23 (mich) - for payment of Wisconsin/Iowa I went $350/$200.

Having done this survey inebriated - I am curious if alcohol impacts how people rate the survey.

Just for the other side of things, I ranked the rivals as:

Minnesota 35
Ohio State 20
Iowa 15
Michigan 15
Nebraska 15

Regional rivalries and rivals based on success and winning the conference if we beat them. I rank Nebraska as even with Iowa based on future mutual hatred.

I had Ohio State: 30
Nebraska: 25
MSU: 15
IA, MN, MI: 10 each

i found myself hating wisconsin more than i expected and it kind of felt good!

Top Bottom