Would you date a rival’s cheerleader? (help with research)

sportprof101

Reaction score
We're looking to answer that question by conducting research on college football rivalries across the country. Please take our survey to tell us what rivalry means to Minnesota fans, and we'll come back to share the results later in the year. As an added incentive, we'll give away three Amazon gift cards ($100, $50, $50) via a random drawing on or about September 10.

http://nkubusiness.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1R2QsOIXzkdM8IZ&mbsrc=mb0262

Thanks in advance for helping with our research!

(To Mods: Sorry if this isn't acceptable use of the board or if you'd like it posted elsewhere, just please let us know and we'll remove it)

Dr. David Tyler, Western Carolina University
Dr. Joe Cobbs, Northern Kentucky University

Just finished the survey. It was actually pretty enjoyable and amusing to really put my hate for Wisconsin and Iowa into perspective. For the record, yes, I would hire an equally qualified Michigan State alumn over someone from Wisconsin or Iowa.

I just took the survey, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes. I can hardly wait to see the how people nationwide see their rivals compared to how we see Wisconsin or Iowa.

I just took the survey, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes. I can hardly wait to see the how people nationwide see their rivals compared to how we see Wisconsin or Iowa.

Just curious, how did you rank the rivals? I had Wisconsin and Iowa at 40 each and Michigan at 20, although in retrospect I think Michigan would be beter at 10, only for the Jug.

I did Wisconsin 65, Iowa 30, and Nebraska 5. For me, these rivals register in my brain at about the same percentage as the percent of time I have to deal with their fans on a regular basis.

Just curious, how did you rank the rivals? I had Wisconsin and Iowa at 40 each and Michigan at 20, although in retrospect I think Michigan would be beter at 10, only for the Jug.

I ranked Wisky 60% and Pigs 40%

Wisconsin 75, Iowa 20, Michigan 5 (out of respect of the Jug)

I exited the survey when I couldn't list North Dakota State as a rival.

Didn't do the survery, but after seeing Nebraska's cheerleaders last year if they ever become a rival I'd definitely date one of their pom pom gals.

That was interesting, and strangely enjoyable to really quantify my hate.

I was 60% Wisconsin, 35% Iowa, 5% Michigan.

Curious to hear what folks were willing to pay for a guaranteed win over Wisconsin/Iowa. I'm in for a cool $1,000/$500.

At my age, I'd date the wife of a rivals Athletic Director.

Is there in option in the survey to date a Scout or a 247 cheer leader?

I wish I had the option of taking a Wisconsin cheerleader out for a nice seafood dinner and then NEVER CALLING HER AGAIN!

That was interesting, and strangely enjoyable to really quantify my hate.

I was 60% Wisconsin, 35% Iowa, 5% Michigan.

Curious to hear what folks were willing to pay for a guaranteed win over Wisconsin/Iowa. I'm in for a cool $1,000/$500.

Interesting and fun for me as well to be able to quantify my 'hate' as well! :)

I went 46% Iowa, 44% Wisconsin and 10% Michigan.

Reason I did that is I have a close relative who is a Hogeye fan, so it ramps up my disdain for Iowa just a little bit more. We have a good time with it though.

As far as paying money for guranteed wins, I was in for $1,000 for each one against Iowa and Wisconsin.

Interesting and fun for me as well to be able to quantify my 'hate' as well! :)

I went 46% Iowa, 44% Wisconsin and 10% Michigan.

Reason I did that is I have a close relative who is a Hogeye fan, so it ramps up my disdain for Iowa just a little bit more. We have a good time with it though.

As far as paying money for guranteed wins, I was in for $1,000 for each one against Iowa and Wisconsin.

Yeah, having a close relative who is a rival fan will always stoke the fire more. With me, nearly all my high school buds and co-workers are Badger fans. Several are obnoxiously deluded.

I went 40 (Iowa) 40 (Wisc) and 20 (Mich), but it was a fun little survey I wish I could have studied something like that.

Just for the other side of things, I ranked the rivals as:

Minnesota 35
Ohio State 20
Iowa 15
Michigan 15
Nebraska 15

Regional rivalries and rivals based on success and winning the conference if we beat them. I rank Nebraska as even with Iowa based on future mutual hatred.

I did Iowa 55% and Wisconsin 45%
They need to clarify the term "relationship" when talking about being in a relationship with a rival fan. I am sure a few of us have had "relations" after a night on State Street, but no way in hell would there be a "relationship". And as far as Iowa goes, the closest relationship I would have to them would be the bacon I eat for breakfast. How would Lois answer that question??

as a Gopher fan
I did Iowa 35 Wisconsin 30 Michigan 20 then PSU and Nebr and NU 5 each

i threw PSU a bone just for picking Us to beat up with a trophy game when they first entered the BigTen. no way woudl there ever be a natural rivalary with them but it was kind of thrown in there since they were new.

Didn't do the survery, but after seeing Nebraska's cheerleaders last year if they ever become a rival I'd definitely date one of their pom pom gals.

When Nebr came to the Bank I had a husker fan sitting behind me. his group was polite and as the game got out of hand i kept seeing a cheerleader checking up in our area(right in front of the visiting cheerleaders) i noticed the young guy behind me standing and signaling the gal. I couldnt resist and turned around and aksed if he was dating her. he of course said yes and i said "dude you truely out kicked your punt coverage" not sure if he understood but i got a chuckle out of it.

I went 75% Wisconsin, 15% Michigan, and 10% Iowa, and I actually said I'd pay more to beat Michigan than Wisconsin.

My rationale was that I hate Wisconsin the by far most because [insert all the reasons]. I prefer to hate Iowa by marginalizing them because they are a worthless cornfield wasteland without a real major city, pro-sports, etc. I love the jug and beating Michigan. I just wish we did it once in a while. To me, beating Michigan is a bigger deal because of how it gets perceived nationally (regardless of rankings that individual year), and quite frankly I respect their program more.

My comments to the researchers on how I quantified my scale of Wisconsin 50, Iowa 40, Michigan 5 and Nebraska 5.

Wisconsin 50 - longest running rivarly in college football. Enough said.
Iowa - 40 you probably will hear this mantra in the comment section from multiple Minnesota fans, "Who Hates Iowa, We Hate Iowa."
Nebraska 5 - how can you not give them some points after Dr. Tom O. ran up 84 points on the Gophers in 1984?
Michigan 5 - generally ambivalent towards them but needed to give them some points after the kick in the nads loss that the Gophers sustained to them in 2003. I'm seriously still scarred by that game. Watch it some time and then imagine yourself a Gopher fan.

I did 50 WI, 40 IA and 10 MSU. because my gf's mother is a sparty fanand the GF is a bucky graduate. I get tired of hearing about it. Plus, you know, eff Iowa.

Top Bottom