With different reports - I just contacted Mo Walker

GopherLady

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but it's word for word (I do not alter quotes). I'm sure this kid is annoyed by the media - so I didn't want to bother him too much, just wanted to ask him a few questions:

GH: Hi Mo, some places have said you commited, others say you haven't, could you please set the record straight?

MW: I really enjoyed my visit...I haven't told any reporters or anything that I have committed. I will be making my decision in the near future.

GH: Will you still be annoucing your choice tomorrow?
MW: Not 100 percent sure about tomorrow, but before the end of the week for sure.

GH: Even though you aren't making your decision public, have you made your decision?
MW: Not yet...when I make my decision, I will make it public.

That just transpired about 5 minutes ago. Basically, I think this is a kid that wants to commit, knows where he wants to go, but wants to keep it private (or as private as it can be) until tomorrow or so. So, I'm going to respect that. I really don't see this kid commiting anywhere else, it's really not an issue. I'd like for him to be able to make his announcement, have his moment, and be happy for him - and us!

Thanks for reaching out to him with a direct quote!

I'm dizzy.

Go Gophers!!

Nadine = The Best. You always have the best relationships with the kids, I appreciate it.

I can understand him not wanting to make an announcement yet, but from what you just posted, I'd say it sounds alot less likely that Maurice is going to sign with the Gophers. I'm just going to try to focus on other things for the next 24-48 hours, and hope for the best.

The vibe I get out of all this is he's not likely coming here unless he knows Joseph will join him. Perhaps Walker has decided to hold off signing with anyone until he knows exactly what Joseph is doing? Until there's a signature on the dotted line, everything is speculation. These kids change their minds daily, if not hourly. That's why I don't understand the big rush by the media to be "first". Tell me when they've signed, then we'll go from there.

The vibe I get out of all this is he's not likely coming here unless he knows Joseph will join him.

The vibe I get is he wants to make a bit of news for himself. Which is fine. It's a big day and he's a big recruit. No pun intended. I can't wait to see this one on the floor.

Agreed with Blizzard, this is an important decision for him to make, and unless he schedules a visit in the middle of this week I think he'll be a Gopher since he will make his decision by the end of the week.

Agreed with Blizzard, this is an important decision for him to make, and unless he schedules a visit in the middle of this week I think he'll be a Gopher since he will make his decision by the end of the week.

No contact allowed until Friday.

I think he wants to announce his decision and sign at his school in front of his friends and family.

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up. Mo has probably informed the staff that he is coming, hence the 'sources', but he hasn't divulged it publicly and won't do so until he signs. He just doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag yet. This happens quite frequently in recruiting. The guy will be a Gopher.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's word for word (I do not alter quotes). I'm sure this kid is annoyed by the media - so I didn't want to bother him too much, just wanted to ask him a few questions:

GH: Hi Mo, some places have said you commited, others say you haven't, could you please set the record straight?

MW: I really enjoyed my visit...I haven't told any reporters or anything that I have committed. I will be making my decision in the near future.

MW: Not 100 percent sure about tomorrow, but before the end of the week for sure.

GH: Even though you aren't making your decision public, have you made your decision?

Thanks for the update GL. Come on Mo, be a Gopher!

Thank you GL for getting us information from the source. I think the media should leave him alone and let him make his announcement on his terms. I hope he picks us. That is a Big Ten body and he seems like a solid young man.

Thank you GL for getting us information from the source. I think the media should leave him alone and let him make his announcement on his terms.

You do realize that GL *is* in the media, right?

That just transpired about 5 minutes ago. Basically, I think this is a kid that wants to commit, knows where he wants to go, but wants to keep it private (or as private as it can be) until tomorrow or so. So, I'm going to respect that. I really don't see this kid commiting anywhere else, it's really not an issue. I'd like for him to be able to make his announcement, have his moment, and be happy for him - and us!

Thanks GL

Hey Gopher Lady

Bad move. Leave the kid alone.

Ummm - I asked him if he wanted to clear the air, and he did. We exchanged 3 texts, it's not like I'm stalking the kid. I never do - trust me, they tell me about the non-stop calls, I'm not one of those people. That's why I don't cover as much as most - if I don't get a call or text back, I'm done.

Ummm - I asked him if he wanted to clear the air, and he did. We exchanged 3 texts, it's not like I'm stalking the kid. I never do - trust me, they tell me about the non-stop calls, I'm not one of those people. That's why I don't cover as much as most - if I don't get a call or text back, I'm done.

Dont listen to that guy. Thank you for the coverage, you contribute way more than he ever will.

The Gopher Lady Jinx

Gopher Lady is jinxing the Joseph recruitment with her headline "could influence Cory Joseph as well" Jinx. I hate to see that headline.

Gopher Lady, if he commits I will post the apology.

Gopher Lady is jinxing the Joseph recruitment with her headline "could influence Cory Joseph as well" Jinx. I hate to see that headline.

Ten bucks says he's not older then 14..anyone wanna bet?

If you don't spew venom, block M, you wouldn't have to worry about making an apology. :banghead:

Like GL would have contacted him if she thought there was any chance if would be hounding him or harming his chances to come to the 'U'. Get real here.

Thanks GL - for the brief update and tactful manner in which you treated a potential future Gopher.

Let me be one of the last to thank Gopher Lady for her diligence. She asked the questions that most of us were wondering about so we owe her a debt of gratitude.

Now's a good time.

Will you be starting a separate thread for this apology? I don't want to miss it.

Top Bottom