Wisconsin's J.P. Tokoto to announce collece choice at Thurs 10pm press conf.

Talk myself into what? Being a second-tier program isn't anything to be ashamed of. First-tier programs compete for national championships, Wisconsin isn't on that level and the results show that.

Do I think missing out on a recruit like Tokoto would break the Badgers program? Absolutely not. Do I think landing a recruit like Tokoto could propel to Badgers into the elite tier? Potentially.

Agreed. Wisconsin (and MN) are not even in the same discussion program wise as Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, tOSU, Texas, Indiana, MSU (you may be able to arguable give or take a few). Those are teams that compete for titles, make the final four yearly, and are "blue-blood" programs.

Wisconsin is not their yet, neither is MN.

We will see what happens in the future (this year will be interesting) and if Bo can improve his teams tourney performances.

Bo does not have the AAU budget that Thad enjoys at O$U but he does ok. Thad is going to have to win one soon with all that high priced talent or the money men will start to get restless.

Bo may one day catch Matta, but I have a hard time believing he ever gets to the tournament level of Izzo, Coach K, and others.

Bo can tout his regular season success, but the tournament is what matters. I could care less if MN finishes 9-9 every year in the Big Ten (or worse) but if they win the conf. tourney and make elite 8's and final fours, I am a happy fan.

Unfortunatley neither program is there yet, Wisconsin seems to have better regular season success, but disapointment come tourney time.

Bo may one day catch Matta, but I have a hard time believing he ever gets to the tournament level of Izzo, Coach K, and others.

Bo can tout his regular season success, but the tournament is what matters. I could care less if MN finishes 9-9 every year in the Big Ten (or worse) but if they win the conf. tourney and make elite 8's and final fours, I am a happy fan.

Unfortunatley neither program is there yet, Wisconsin seems to have better regular season success, but disapointment come tourney time.

Are you saying that you would rather win the Conference Tournament than the Regular Season Conference Championship?

Roy has been cleaning up in B1G territory lately. First with Barnes, and now Marcus Paige (Iowa) and Tokoto. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Koenig end up there.

Are you saying that you would rather win the Conference Tournament than the Regular Season Conference Championship?

I'd assume he was talking about Bo's underachieving in the NCAA tourney on a yearly basis. And yes, I would trade NCAA tourney success for regular season success every time... I'm hoping Bo would agree.

Too Bad. If J Taylor were smart he would head to the NBA this year as I would be surprised if has the same kind of year next year.

Every year people say the Badgers wont be as good next year and they still happen to finish top 4 in the conference every year. Taylor will have plenty of chances to improve his draft status. He is not in most mock drafts right now so going pro makes no sense unless he follows this all up with a huge tourney run.

Tokoto would have no influence on Taylor anyway since he wont be to college until 2012.

Seems to me that you have a "selective reading" problem. Did you miss the part where he talked about Elite Eights and Final Fours?

Top Bottom