Wisconsin's J.P. Tokoto to announce collece choice at Thurs 10pm press conf.

Gone are the days of announcing a college decision at HS after class, and here are the days of timing said press conference to coincide with the 10pm news in hopes of garnering a live 10pm news interview.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/117120028.html

Go Gophers!!

Yes, the world awaits with bated breath! :rolleyes:

Some of these kids do not lack in a sense of self importance.

Pardon me while I go outside to scream at a passing cloud.

Anyone see this from the article????

The 6-foot-6 guard/forward is the top junior prospect in the state, according to wissports.net. He is averaging 20.5 points per game for the Indians, who are 11-11 entering the tournament.

11-11 ... HUH????? Is that a type? How does your team go 11-11 when you are the best player in the league? That makes no sense.

Bleed, you left out the funniest part...the "press conference" is taking place at a Dave & Buster's.

I would expect nothing less than a high school kid from Wisconsin to announce his college decision in a bar.

Looking at that list of schools why would you play for sconnie or marquette?

I am sure someone is busy as I type this getting all the microphones and spot lights set up for this great event.

As a Gopher Alum going to law school at Marquette, I'd love to see him go to Marquette but would settle for UNC to keep him away from Wisconsin.

He will not be going to Wisconsin. But it won't matter, Big Bad Bo will still have everyone scratching there heads in coming years wondering "How is it Wisconsin wins with so few athletes"

Bo does more with less than virtually any coach in the country.

He will not be going to Wisconsin. But it won't matter, Big Bad Bo will still have everyone scratching there heads in coming years wondering "How is it Wisconsin wins with so few athletes"

Hey Jdogg, are you still playing the Art Vandelay routine?

I've been a life long gopher fan
I'm a gopher but live in Wisconsin

You see, the secret to good trolling is don't pimp your team in 100% of your posts. You fail miserably. All 26 of your posts are pimping Wisconsin. A better strategy is to mock the Gophers instead and don't say too much about your team. Go ask Art Vandelay for some tips, come back and try again.

Tokoto isn't nearly the prospect many thought he would be a year or 2 ago. His offer list was based on speculation. Many have backed off. He's still probably going to end up being a top 50 recruit but some thought he'd develop into a top 5 player. His stock has dropped more than most over the past 12 months. Not saying he won't turn out to be a good player but he's definitely in less demand than he used to be. UNC supposedly will take him but there was word they almost backed out of their offer.

Tokoto isn't nearly the prospect many thought he would be a year or 2 ago. His offer list was based on speculation. Many have backed off. He's still probably going to end up being a top 50 recruit but some thought he'd develop into a top 5 player. His stock has dropped more than most over the past 12 months. Not saying he won't turn out to be a good player but he's definitely in less demand than he used to be. UNC supposedly will take him but there was word they almost backed out of their offer.

Sounds like the type of player Roy Williams has gotten to UNC lately - surely getting a few too many highly rated but raw/overrated recruits helped lead them to the NIT last year and got them off to a poor start this year before their frosh started playing well.

Apparently even Wisconsin fans think he's going to UNC, so based on that I can't believe his decision is going to be Wisconsin. But if they ever were going to get someone like Tokoto, the odds are better when he's a Sophomore than a Senior - rarely do top in-state players turn down UNC/Duke for the likes of Wisconsin when they wait until their last year in HS to make their decision.

Big Bad Bo will still have everyone scratching there heads in coming years wondering "How is it Wisconsin wins with so few athletes"

Funny how nobody says that after his teams get bounced early in the NCAA tourney every year, eh?

Funny how nobody says that after his teams get bounced early in the NCAA tourney every year, eh?

Bo does not have the AAU budget that Thad enjoys at O$U but he does ok. Thad is going to have to win one soon with all that high priced talent or the money men will start to get restless.

He may still wind up at Wisconsin. Nobody knows. The Badgers will win with him or without him. Hopefully with him. Badgers are well past one recruit making or breaking the program.

I believe he'll play for the Warriors next year.

After a year at Oak Hill Academy, it'll be UNC for college.

He may still wind up at Wisconsin. Nobody knows. The Badgers will win with him or without him. Hopefully with him. Badgers are well past one recruit making or breaking the program.

I respectfully disagree. I think the Badgers are a recruit away from being something more than a second-tier program.

Just my guess, but I think he is going to snub the Badgers...but you are right, no one knows...

And I think you are correct, Wisconsin will win with or without him, although I think they would be better with him.

My gut says why would he announce at 10:00 PM to local news if he wasn't going to WI? If he wasn't going to WI or Marquette, he would announce with little fanfare because of local reaction. Just a hunch, he goes to either WI or Marq.

My gut says why would he announce at 10:00 PM to local news if he wasn't going to WI? If he wasn't going to WI or Marquette, he would announce with little fanfare because of local reaction. Just a hunch, he goes to either WI or Marq.

I think you are discounting the massive egos some of these players build up and how their egos can cloud their judgment (see Lebron James).

Maybe he will shun them all and announce he is joining the Marines!

I respectfully disagree. I think the Badgers are a recruit away from being something more than a second-tier program.

Man, you people will talk yourselves into anything, despite completely opposite results. Whatever you say.

Man, you people will talk yourselves into anything, despite completely opposite results. Whatever you say.

Talk myself into what? Being a second-tier program isn't anything to be ashamed of. First-tier programs compete for national championships, Wisconsin isn't on that level and the results show that.

Do I think missing out on a recruit like Tokoto would break the Badgers program? Absolutely not. Do I think landing a recruit like Tokoto could propel to Badgers into the elite tier? Potentially.

So, your argument is that the Badgers are not a second-tier program (at best)? I'd love to hear this one.

Top Bottom