Wisconsin targeting Luke Fickell

Wisconsin will be duking it out with Nebraska for the on-paper CFP spot!
Will actually be very interesting to see how the air raid style offense works out for them. Like ours, their defense has been bolstered by a ball control offense that limits mistakes and chews up a lot of clock.

A more wide open offense might cause their defense to take a hit.

Tough for a true freshman to crack last year's USC line-up. On paper, in HS, he was a bona fide superstar. We'd be doing hand stands if he had somehow tumbled to the Gophers. College is different, of course. I wish him limited success at W--but failure in one game.

So we’d be doing hand stands if we landed someone like Dylan Wright?

Great comparison. Someone who seemingly has all the raw talent but hasn't put it all together at this level.
He put something together against Ohio State in 2021, then the staff wouldn't throw it to him the rest of the year.

Also put something together towards the end of the year, when the shackles were finally taken off AK, who will throw it up to him and let him get it.

He put something together against Ohio State in 2021, then the staff wouldn't throw it to him the rest of the year.

Also put something together towards the end of the year, when the shackles were finally taken off AK, who will throw it up to him and let him get it.
I think what we confirmed towards the end of 2022 was that he is seen as a deep threat and will get a good number of PI calls as well. Should really complement Jackson in 2023.

Will actually be very interesting to see how the air raid style offense works out for them. Like ours, their defense has been bolstered by a ball control offense that limits mistakes and chews up a lot of clock.

A more wide open offense might cause their defense to take a hit.
Especially since while they’re doing that they’re changing styles of defense as well

Their uniforms are almost exactly the same, other than the logo decals on the side of the helmets.

When they play, it must feel to their fans like watching their spring ball games.

I don’t get it. Wisky had some bad teams so they cleaned house. In 2023 they will struggle but don’t kid yourself Fickle is a proven great recruiter . His record is way better than Flecks. UC played a tougher schedule than WMU. In a couple of years expect the Badgers to be back competing for a west title. Do you see that in the Gopher’s future? I’m not a Badger fan but I have followed Fickel since a cousins kid played for him.

I don’t get it. Wisky had some bad teams so they cleaned house. In 2023 they will struggle but don’t kid yourself Fickle is a proven great recruiter . His record is way better than Flecks. UC played a tougher schedule than WMU. In a couple of years expect the Badgers to be back competing for a west title. Do you see that in the Gopher’s future? I’m not a Badger fan but I have followed Fickel since a cousins kid played for him.
the badgers have competed for west titles as recently as being one game a away last year and winning it a few years ago. So if it takes him a few years to compete he is pretty terrible

I don't see either the Badgers or Gophers competing for a Big 10 West title in 2024 or beyond. Divisions will be gone by then.

I read that Fickell and his staff are out recruiting in WI and ILL, and they advertise on billboards to join the WI-born players on the team.
Add to that the number of 4* players at skill positions and OL that have joined WI in the last month and it is obvious that significant change has taken place at Madison.
Will that mean a much better offense?
Just about anything would be an improvement over the last few years.
Guys like Mertz, Markus Allen, and Jalen Berger?

the badgers have competed for west titles as recently as being one game a away last year and winning it a few years ago. So if it takes him a few years to compete he is pretty terrible
He'll have them competitive in 2025. Let's go Fleck, can't fall behind.

So you are agreeing with my statement that WI needed significant upgrades in its offense as Fickell is doing?
Swapping one underachieving 4 star for another isn’t an upgrade. It’s a push

In 2023 they will struggle but don’t kid yourself ... In a couple of years expect the Badgers to be back competing for a west title. Do you see that in the Gopher’s future?
Lets just say “competing for a west title” is defined as either winning the West (and representing the division in the CCG) or being within one specific win of doing so.

By that definition, Wiscy has been competitive 6 of 9 years (4 div titles).

It is epic sandbagging to suggest Wiscy must “rebuild” for a few years before “competing for the West”. They were just competitive for the division in 2021, and won the division in 2019. They just had their best team ever in 2017.

It is pretty likely they would have been in the mix for the division this year if they hadn’t shit-canned the HC (of their best team ever fielded) and strung-along their rockstar coach-in-waiting so he had no chance to reasonably manage the team.

So you are agreeing with my statement that WI needed significant upgrades in its offense as Fickell is doing?
Everyone agrees that he needed upgrades on offense and no one knows if Fickell has done that. You seem to be arguing that Fickell has because he brought 4 star players and I pointed out a group of putrid 4 star + badgers. So no, I am not saying Fickell has upgraded.

What the f is it with Badger trolls? You all are incredibly sensitive and f’n stupid. Follow along, it’ll make your trolling more effective.

Lets just say “competing for a west title” is defined as either winning the West (and representing the division in the CCG) or being within one specific win of doing so.

By that definition, Wiscy has been competitive 6 of 9 years (4 div titles).

It is epic sandbagging to suggest Wiscy must “rebuild” for a few years before “competing for the West”. They were just competitive for the division in 2021, and won the division in 2019. They just had their best team ever in 2017.

It is pretty likely they would have been in the mix for the division this year if they hadn’t shit-canned the HC (of their best team ever fielded) and strung-along their rockstar coach-in-waiting so he had no chance to reasonably manage the team.
This is all correct

Which is why barring becoming a national title contender this Fickell hire is all upside for Mn fans

Worst case scenario they remain a perennial conference title contender.
Best case scenario they don’t.

I do not believe Fickell will make them a Ohio state/Michigan/Alabama/lsu/ Georgia level program

What the f is it with Badger trolls? You all are incredibly sensitive and f’n stupid. Follow along, it’ll make your trolling more effective.
They are nervous. They had that long run of dominance over the Gophers where they didn't really have to give us a second thought. So they come in here and defend the Badgers every chance they can and try to act like things in the West haven't changed.

This is all correct

Which is why barring becoming a national title contender this Fickell hire is all upside for Mn fans

Worst case scenario they remain a perennial conference title contender.
Best case scenario they don’t.

I do not believe Fickell will make them a Ohio state/Michigan/Alabama/lsu/ Georgia level program
I don't there is a coach that can.

Epic? Fickle is an upgrade for recruiting alone. When the divisions go away the big 3 in the east will duke it out with USC for the conference championship. Minnesota and Wisconsin will be fighting for a spot in the Bad Boy Mowers or Cheezit bowls. Not that great to look forward to.

Top Bottom