Wisconsin targeting Luke Fickell

Shit. After watching that I believe Wisconsin scores a touchdown on the very first play of every drive, all season long. The rest of college football is doomed.
This is going to be a big change from Wisconsin's previous offensive strategy of shrinking everything to a multi-person knife fight in a phone booth.

Love all of this for the gophers.
Worst case scenario - Wisconsin remains good
Best case scenario - identity crisis

I am not worried about Wisconsin becoming a national title contender year after year. They won’t.
I am not worried about Wisconsin becoming a conference title contender. They already are.
Seriously. Maybe contend OR maybe the program implodes from the inside out. Fickell making some incredibly risky moves, big divergence from traditional approach.

We all know Fickell is a proven winner, he's brought in top-tier assistants from across the country, the administration is now fully backing the program - providing unprecedented resources and adapting to NIL - and he's already bringing in better talent than Wisconsin has ever sniffed at skill positions.

But then you need to step back and ask yourself, is this enough to compete with the Gophers? Personally, I don't think so.

Seriously. Maybe contend OR maybe the program implodes from the inside out. Fickell making some incredibly risky moves, big divergence from traditional approach.

We all know Fickell is a proven winner, he's brought in top-tier assistants from across the country, the administration is now fully backing the program - providing unprecedented resources and adapting to NIL - and he's already bringing in better talent than Wisconsin has ever sniffed at skill positions.

But then you need to step back and ask yourself, is this enough to compete with the Gophers? Personally, I don't think so.
And it might be
And if it is, wisconsin is the exact same

I don’t foresee them becoming Ohio state

I haven't posted on GH forever by any means, but I don't really remember Wisconsin fans feeling so self-conscious and worried that the Gophers are catching them in football that they actually come onto our board to post smack.

We're moving up!

I haven't posted on GH forever by any means, but I don't really remember Wisconsin fans feeling so self-conscious and worried that the Gophers are catching them in football that they actually come onto our board to post smack.

We're moving up!
Haven't like 4 coaches unexpectedly left the program in last few days for lateral jobs? The program is certainly moving somewhere - but I'm pretty confident it's not "up". #RowTheBoat

Haven't like 4 coaches unexpectedly left the program in last few days for lateral jobs? The program is certainly moving somewhere - but I'm pretty confident it's not "up". #RowTheBoat
Doesn't change the fact that you are here for whatever reason. You are clearly a Badger fan...pretty sure they have forums you could be posting on instead of wasting your time here. To each their own I guess....

Have you posted to a thread that is not Wisconsin related since setting up your account here? 🤔

The Gophers are the best team in the goddamn land. I don’t know why you guys think I’m a troll. I love the Gophers. I bleed maroon and mustard. I row the boat every day for this program. Long live PJ.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The troll talking smack about normal coaching turnover with a rival is too much of a dumbass to realize his beloved Fadgers just turned over the whole coaching staff and routinely turned over assistants before that.

The Gophers are the best team in the goddamn land. I don’t know why you guys think I’m a troll. I love the Gophers. I bleed maroon and mustard. I row the boat every day for this program. Long live PJ.
You funny. See post #409.

Remember when Gopher fans used to point at the Badgers losing assistants as proof of their eventual demise? You can’t blame us, we were desperate for the axe. I know some losers were so desperate they’d go to buckeyville and troll.

I’m glad that’s not the case anymore. That was a really pathetic time to be a Gopher fan.

Wisconsin just landed CJ Williams, a freshman WR transfer from USC. A very high 4* Rated 7th best WR coming out of HS last year. Pretty good “get” as the Badgers shift offensive emphasis. In other news … Badgers also picked up OkSU WR transfer Bryson Green, younger brother of Seth Green.

Wisconsin just landed CJ Williams, a freshman WR transfer from USC. A very high 4* Rated 7th best WR coming out of HS last year. Pretty good “get” as the Badgers shift offensive emphasis. In other news … Badgers also picked up OkSU WR transfer Bryson Green, younger brother of Seth Green.
Hopefully for Williams’ sake he can put it together. Struggled to get PT at USC last year though only a freshman

I read that Fickell and his staff are out recruiting in WI and ILL, and they advertise on billboards to join the WI-born players on the team.
Add to that the number of 4* players at skill positions and OL that have joined WI in the last month and it is obvious that significant change has taken place at Madison.
Will that mean a much better offense?
Just about anything would be an improvement over the last few years.

Hopefully for Williams’ sake he can put it together. Struggled to get PT at USC last year though only a freshman
Tough for a true freshman to crack last year's USC line-up. On paper, in HS, he was a bona fide superstar. We'd be doing hand stands if he had somehow tumbled to the Gophers. College is different, of course. I wish him limited success at W--but failure in one game.

Tough for a true freshman to crack last year's USC line-up. On paper, in HS, he was a bona fide superstar. We'd be doing hand stands if he had somehow tumbled to the Gophers. College is different, of course. I wish him limited success at W--but failure in one game.
He will fit right in with Wisconsin’s (on paper)national Championship 2023 team then

Top Bottom