Wisconsin National Championship or World-Wide Nuclear Annihilation?

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
If you had to choose, which would you prefer? And why?

Slight preference for Wisconsin National Championship. Give it a year and I might change my mind though.

In everything as a state we a better than Wisconsin except for sports. This sucks.

Congrats Badgers. Beat the Dukies for the Title.

I dislike some of their fans, but it's okay to be happy for other people.
The fact they beat Kentucky sure makes it an easier pill to swallow.

In everything as a state we a better than Wisconsin except for sports. This sucks.

Right. This is true, but we shouldn't be blaming Wisconsin for it. We should instead get our own crap in order... in some sports I think we are... in Twins baseball... well, that's a circus yet it appears.

Honestly, I have nothing against the Wisconsin players. It's just their fans that are so bad.

WNBA

And our MLS team will be better in 2018.

Twins have been way more successful than the Brewers, despite 20+ years of suck.

Right. This is true, but we shouldn't be blaming Wisconsin for it. We should instead get our own crap in order... in some sports I think we are... in Twins baseball... well, that's a circus yet it appears.

Oh I agree, I'm not bitter, we need to get to their level.

Twins have been way more successful than the Brewers, despite 20+ years of suck.

The Twins haven't sucked for 20 years. They won a central division championship as recent as 2010 and 6 total from 2002-2010.

It will all be over in a day. They already have one title and honestly who even remembers who one last year or the year before.

If Bo Ryan & Gasser weren't there I would be ok with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Bo Ryan & Gasser weren't there I would be ok with them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd add Kaminsky too. Those three together are the ultimate complainers. Kaminsky (and Hayes a little too) is just a weird dude though, I know most of America finds it endearing. I just don't. The only guy I really like is Dekker. I hate Wisconsin, but I respect the heck out of that kids game. He is so so talented and just plays. Doesn't do as much of the sideshow (or the complaining) that Kaminsky and Hayes feel the need to do. Or you at least don't hear about it as much with him.

It will all be over in a day. They already have one title and honestly who even remembers who one last year or the year before.

Bingo.

It's college basketball and most of the country doesn't care. If you stopped 100 people on the street I'll bet not more than 4 could tell you who won the last two NCAA championships in men's basketball.

I spent Easter weekend at my Mom's place in SE MN, surrounded by Badger fans. The list included my older sister, her fiance, one of my nieces and her boyfriend, another niece, and my Mom. (Mom at least has an excuse - she was born in WI.)

However, I was told that one of my nephews, who could not make it home, was wearing Kentucky gear while living in the greater Green Bay area. He's 6'6" and used to be a bar bouncer, so I think he survived.

As Jack Benny said when asked if he wanted his money or his life, "I'm thinking about it!"

As Jack Benny said when asked if he wanted his money or his life, "I'm thinking about it!"

Yeah, I'm still deliberating, too. I might have to put together a decision matrix.

Bingo.

It's college basketball and most of the country doesn't care. If you stopped 100 people on the street I'll bet not more than 4 could tell you who won the last two NCAA championships in men's basketball.

If you lived in the Twin Cities, you'd know it won't be over in a day. Trust me. at least in WW Nuclear Annihilation, it will be a few million years until we evolve and create a society again, at which point we can start losing again.. but until then, we get a million year reprieve. A Badger win and we get a year of gloating, wisecracks at the office and relentless smugness.

If you lived in the Twin Cities, you'd know it won't be over in a day. Trust me. at least in WW Nuclear Annihilation, it will be a few million years until we evolve and create a society again, at which point we can start losing again.. but until then, we get a million year reprieve. A Badger win and we get a year of gloating, wisecracks at the office and relentless smugness.

It was rough having the best day of the year be the worst day of my life. I vote for annihilation. No question. I think I'm ready, too.

Having a bunch of relatives who are big Badger fans, the one thing all of them realize is THIS is it. Many feel with Kaminisky, Gasser, Dukan and more than likely Dekker gone, next year will be NOTHING like this...they are relishing this and I don't blame them one bit. Most are of the opinion, there is more than a 50/50 shot Bo will be done as well. He knows the cupboard isn't bare, but he knows it will take a lot more work with the kids he has next year. One pointed out an interesting fact that Greg Gard was never mentioned for the UW-Green Bay job and came out with a statement himself that he is not interested in leaving UW. He is the heir apparent to the head job.

As a HUGE Gopher fan, but also a HUGE B1G fan, I have to say it, Go Badgers!

Exactly. Sometimes I think more energy is used here trash talking Wisconsin than talking about how our program should and can be better. I don't get it. There is zero reason we should be losing year after year in bb and fb to them. Zero.

But I think Duke wins by 15+.

Studwell,

Just to be clear, does your nuclear annihilation wipe out every human and all chance for future life, or is anything spared?

Exactly. Sometimes I think more energy is used here trash talking Wisconsin than talking about how our program should and can be better. I don't get it. There is zero reason we should be losing year after year in bb and fb to them. Zero.

But I think Duke wins by 15+.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to believe you, but there is no way Badgers ball control allows a game to get that far out of control. Objectively, they have a good shot at winning. Badger win on Saturday at least proves the fix is not in. As someone suggested earlier, the TV hounds had to have wanted Kentucky-Puke.

I'm here a lot, and see an awful lot of "analysis" on the state of the program and mounds of suggestions for the university and the coaching staff. We trash the Badgers, but we trash the Gophers, too!

Top Bottom