Wisconsin National Championship or World-Wide Nuclear Annihilation?

Exactly. Sometimes I think more energy is used here trash talking Wisconsin than talking about how our program should and can be better. I don't get it. There is zero reason we should be losing year after year in bb and fb to them. Zero.

But I think Duke wins by 15+.

It's pretty simple. One team is still playing, the other isn't. I'm not sure how much you can talk about the Gophers at this point in the year.

It's pretty simple. One team is still playing, the other isn't. I'm not sure how much you can talk about the Gophers at this point in the year.

Exactly. And it's not like we can't hate the Badgers and still hope/cheer for the Gophers to start winning.

I feel like all of this Wisconsin love is just a level of MN fans, like always, trying to prove how logical and educated and non-homerish (is that a word?) we are. Screw it. I don't care how illogical, how stupid, how unreasonable it is. I am a fairly educated, smart person but when it comes to the Gophers, I hate Wisconsin, I hope they lose every game.

Why root for Wisconsin?

The Big Ten as a conference does not need any help to become more powerful. It is already on par or better with just about every conference. We have already shown we can compete at the highest level.

The following BIG teams have either won an NC or played in the NC Game since 2002:
Maryland - 2002
Indiana - 2002
Illinois - 2005
Ohio State - 2006
Michigan State - 2009
Michigan - 2013
Wisconsin - 2015

That's half the conference in the title game in the last 13 years. I could see rooting for a conference member if we're in the MVC Conference or Summit league or some 2-bit organization. There is absolutely no benefit to the Gophers if Wisconsin wins.

I still can't understand the number of Gopher fans that want Wisconsin to win a freaking NC. I know they're still in the minority but that percentage should be way closer to 0 than 50%. It should only be the fringe lunatics, contrarians, and trolls. It's not. That doesn't speak well to Gopher fandom.

I very much dislike people that tell other fans how to be a fan. The "you're not a fan if" crowd or the "we don't need you" crowd or the "go root for another team" crowd kinda drive me nuts. With that said, you're not a fan if your cheer for Wisconsin tonight. We don't need you, in fact your collective mentality is bringing down our program and please do go root for another team and bring your attitude with you.

You NEVER cheer for Wisconsin to win a National Championship if you're a Gopher fan. It's that simple.

Top Bottom