Wisconsin made a bold move, do we have the nerve to do the same?

He recruited the kicker who missed the FG.

He overworked his star running back which probably contributed to the fumble.

He put together an offense where he feels like he needs to overwork his star running back to have a chance.

Not saying it's time to fire him but at this point the everything comes back to him. These are all his recruits so there's no one else to blame.
Did he do a bad job with Mo too?

it could be wayyyy worse. I’ve seen wayyyy worse. He has his struggles, but he is a winner overall and runs a heck of a straight program. Fleck represents the U well, doesn’t embarrass us, and we actually have a chance in every game, even against really good teams. I am very frustrated after tonight but firing Fleck would be an idiotic move.
Interesting Wisconsin could have said the same thing.

it could be wayyyy worse. I’ve seen wayyyy worse. He has his struggles, but he is a winner overall and runs a heck of a straight program. Fleck represents the U well, doesn’t embarrass us, and we actually have a chance in every game, even against really good teams. I am very frustrated after tonight but firing Fleck would be an idiotic move.
Agree, and we are not getting anyone better here. Bo Pelini is a good example that many bring up. How about Texas A&M fans? They go all in on big name Jimbo Fischer. Now there are folks asking if it’s feasible to find $84 million to buy him out. Florida fires Dan Mullen who looked like a can’t miss option after his stint with Mississippi State. Many Gator fans are pissed off they lost to Vanderbilt today and wonder if they should have stayed with Mullen. How about the Miami Hurricane coaching carousel?

He will stay. We are like the Wake Forest of the ACC. Have a few nice seasons, but not quite crack the upper division. Need receivers and the confidence to throw to them. Maybe Jimbo Fisher will be available?

You have to check their join dates. My thoughts are that we have newer fans who haven't been around long enough to know what a decade in the doldrums feels like.

Simple question. Do you think Iowa or Wisconsin would tolerate the same results. Sorry the question rankles you so much that you resort to name calling.

You know who didn't tolerate the results and ended up being 🤪 Nebraska :ROFLMAO: ?

Let's dump a coach who still has a good shot at getting us to 8 wins!? I feel like we're Pelini era Nebraska!
8 wins, but what a piss weak schedule. The 3 cupcakes to start, a weak MSU team, NW, Nebraska and Rutgers gimmes..........and a below average Iowa and Wisconsin team.

MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, are all down from where they have been. Rutgers sucks. Purdue was as average as it gets.

Good gawd, that should be 8 wins in your sleep.

Last edited:

8 wins, but what a piss weak schedule. The 3 cupcakes to start, a weak MSU team, NW, Nebraska and Rutgers gimmes..........and a below average Iowa and Wisconsin team.

MSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, NW, are all down from where they have been. Rutgers sucks. Purdue was as average as it gets.

Good gawd, that should be 8 wins in your sleep.
Pretty much mirrors Pelini's time at Nebraska. How have things gone for Coronation since he was fired? Do you seriously want to go back to when the Gophers were most everyone's gimme opponent?

Last edited:

He recruited the kicker who missed the FG.

He overworked his star running back which probably contributed to the fumble.

He put together an offense where he feels like he needs to overwork his star running back to have a chance.

Not saying it's time to fire him but at this point the everything comes back to him. These are all his recruits so there's no one else to blame.

That was his first miss inside 35 yards all year. Go to church today and pray for some perspective.

It’s a game and it’s entertainment. If it effects you more than that, maybe you need to reprioritize your life?

Not true, his defense held IA to 136 yards.
It was the offense put in place by the guy that got fired that lost that game.
You think wisconsin did better losing by 14 and last possessing the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead with 17 minutes left in the game?
Lol
I’ll disagree

Or are you saying that it’s okay for the Wisconsin coach because he is only interim?

Agree, and we are not getting anyone better here. Bo Pelini is a good example that many bring up. How about Texas A&M fans? They go all in on big name Jimbo Fischer. Now there are folks asking if it’s feasible to find $84 million to buy him out. Florida fires Dan Mullen who looked like a can’t miss option after his stint with Mississippi State. Many Gator fans are pissed off they lost to Vanderbilt today and wonder if they should have stayed with Mullen. How about the Miami Hurricane coaching carousel?
What about when Alabama fired Mike Shula? Or when Georgia fired Richt? Or when Clemson had Bowden "resign"? See we can do this both ways!

I have been watching Gopher football for 20+years. During the Brewster years I said I want Gopher football to be at a point where we are competing in nearly every single game we play. Here we are with the exception of the Penn State game. So for those who want Fleck fired be careful for what you wish for. Gopher football was not near as fun during the Brewster Era it was almost embarrassing.

That was his first miss inside 35 yards all year. Go to church today and pray for some perspective.

It’s a game and it’s entertainment. If it effects you more than that, maybe you need to reprioritize your life?
He missed one inside 30 yards against Purdue. 2 short missed kicks in your 2 closest losses is pretty bad.

Fleck's job is to lead the football team and a big part of that is winning games. If he's doing a poor job of winning big games he deserves criticism.

He missed one inside 30 yards against Purdue. 2 short missed kicks in your 2 closest losses is pretty bad.

Fleck's job is to lead the football team and a big part of that is winning games. If he's doing a poor job of winning big games he deserves criticism.

The announcers said that was his first miss inside 35 yards this year, champ.

I view sports differently than in my salad days- you’re entitled to your perspective, just like I’m entitled to mine.

Last time I checked honest criticism is fine, but hurling personal insults and invective to a fellow human being over a sports game and acting like the world is hanging in the balance is childish and wrong
(would you be proud to have your kids watch you behave in such a manner- always a good barometer IMO to check on my actions) and demeans the person doing it.

Cheers and have a great day unless you’ve made other plans.

He punted twice on 4th and short early in the game. Iowa went for it on 4th and short and ended with their only TD. Not sure what that means, but one coach is willing to take a chance to make a play to win the game and the other coach proudly states “more games are lost than are won.”
Check field position on those three plays

The issue with Minnesota is not so much the little, smart-dressing leprechaun running up and down the sidelines—the problem with the Gophs is NOBODY gives a crap about them, their dreadfully lane mascot or their cute stadiette. Wisconsin has their guy, who will right the ship…maybe bring Tracy Claeys back with a truckload of dilly bars ?!?!

I have been watching Gopher football for 20+years. During the Brewster years I said I want Gopher football to be at a point where we are competing in nearly every single game we play. Here we are with the exception of the Penn State game. So for those who want Fleck fired be careful for what you wish for. Gopher football was not near as fun during the Brewster Era it was almost embarrassing.
The Fringe Bowl era

Exactly. Minnesota as far as donor support is one of the weakest or poorest P5 schools with donors and you need donors for buyouts and hiring big name high dollar coaches.
Failure on the ad. And past ad.

Minnesota made a bold move by moving away from Glen Mason once, how’d that work out?
That’s a pretty bad argument as fleck has had way more success than Mason AND it worked out fine.
Made bowls in 2 of 3 seasons after the firing of mason.
Made bowls in 11/15 non Covid years post firing

Top Bottom