Wisconsin HC

gopherphil

Reaction score
Does it go to Jim Leonard??
I think they would make a mistake not hiring him full time. Won’t cry if they don’t tho.

Barring a disaster this was Leonard’s job from the get go. I don’t think he’s the savior that badger fans think he is but he did a good job and earned the job IMO. Look forward to beating him for years to come.
Is it a good job to go 4-3 with a team picked to win the division
Losses to:
MN
IA
MSU

Wins vs
Northwestern
Nebraska
Maryland
Purdue

Decent job. Not a great job

Losses to:
MN
IA
MSU

Wins vs
Northwestern
Nebraska
Maryland
Purdue

Decent, good, whatever. He stepped in and didn’t look totally out of place. I’m certainly not scared of facing him for the next 20 years, but I think he’s a solid hire for Bucky. He’s no PJ but he won’t be a total disaster. I do think we will beat him more often than not.

Decent, good, whatever. He stepped in and didn’t look totally out of place. I’m certainly not scared of facing him for the next 20 years, but I think he’s a solid hire for Bucky. He’s no PJ but he won’t be a total disaster. I do think we will beat him more often than not.
If I am then, this is our time to hire as a top 25 job

So if you aren’t 100% you have to hire outside.
If you hire Leonard and go 6-6 4 years in a row you are no better than Mn or Maryland when hiring

Losses to:
MN
IA
MSU

Wins vs
Northwestern
Nebraska
Maryland
Purdue

Mertz is horrible. When he goes the badgers will be just fine. You got a front seat for it today. I was a Mertz apologist for 2 years but I’ve thrown in the towel on that one. They can’t pass so they can’t run. Which is a big problem for Bucky.

Mertz is horrible. When he goes the badgers will be just fine. You got a front seat for it today. I was a Mertz apologist for 2 years but I’ve thrown in the towel on that one. They can’t pass so they can’t run. Which is a big problem for Bucky.
He is probably the second best QB in the west.

Who’s the replacement? If there was a better option he would likely be playing, no?

He is probably the second best QB in the west.
That isn’t possible. He racked up a bunch of stats against garbage teams. 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games I think. Throws horrific picks at the worst times. Defense looks pretty good. Tough game with Allen out and the gophers played well and deserved to win. But you’re not going to convince me or any badger fan on earth Mertz is even decent. Like I said I defend him for 2 years but he just never progressed.

That isn’t possible. He racked up a bunch of stats against garbage teams. 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games I think. Throws horrific picks at the worst times. Defense looks pretty good. Tough game with Allen out and the gophers played well and deserved to win. But you’re not going to convince me or any badger fan on earth Mertz is even decent. Like I said I defend him for 2 years but he just never progressed.
Ok.
But he is

Ok.
But he is
All I’m saying is badgers used to be a power. 13 wins in 17 and a big new years 6 win. Really good in 19. The last 3 seasons were pretty marginal by Wisconsin standards and all with him at the helm. I don’t have a better idea I guess but the offense is just so shitty.

He's a defensive Paul Chryst.

All I’m saying is badgers used to be a power. 13 wins in 17 and a big new years 6 win. Really good in 19. The last 3 seasons were pretty marginal by Wisconsin standards and all with him at the helm. I don’t have a better idea I guess but the offense is just so shitty.
It has more to do with their average o line that doesn’t have nfl guys instead of being an nfl machine

It has more to do with their average o line that doesn’t have nfl guys instead of being an nfl machine
That’s not helping either but he misses lots of wide open guys. Just a bad year, has happened before and they bounce back. They had a young team also.

I’d have Athan Kaliakmanis over him and he’s better with way less experience.
Also Casey Thompson says hi.
I have Casey Thompson over him.
He is on par with the rest. Better statistically than most

They also don’t seem to have the talent at tight end or wr that they’ve had some years.
Their first-string TE--Cundiff--went down early in the season. They've always featured the TE in the passing game, so that injury set them back.

Agree on Mertz, but I remember when they landed Bart Houston way back when and it was pretty much the same thing. Always difficult to tell why things don't go better.

If I'm a Badger fan, I would be a tad worried that Leonhard will try to turn back the clock on offense to what was successful in the past, but the game has changed a lot over the past decade. At the same time, I think he'll put together some high-effort effective defenses.

Their first-string TE--Cundiff--went down early in the season. They've always featured the TE in the passing game, so that injury set them back.

Agree on Mertz, but I remember when they landed Bart Houston way back when and it was pretty much the same thing. Always difficult to tell why things don't go better.

If I'm a Badger fan, I would be a tad worried that Leonhard will try to turn back the clock on offense to what was successful in the past, but the game has changed a lot over the past decade. At the same time, I think he'll put together some high-effort effective defenses.
Absolutely. That offense needs a te for sure and they lost the only decent one they had.
I’m ready for this year to be over and on to 23. Should be interesting

Sounds like you need to live in the now.

Losses to:
MN
IA
MSU

Wins vs
Northwestern
Nebraska
Maryland
Purdue

I think he won the job in the last minute of play!🤨