Wisconsin game weather

swelna

Reaction score
Paging GopherWeatherGuy, what is the weather looking like this Saturday around 2:30-3:00 for kickoff?

It'll be cold and dark by halftime, that's all I know.

36, sun, dry at kickoff. Dropping to upper 20s by end of game (and dark).

Wish that was the forecast back in '19 when we played. I feared that year the precipitation would be detrimental to our passing attack. This year I'd prefer it snow.
That weather was not detrimental to any passing attack. Jack Coan torched us through the air much more than Jonathan Taylor ran on us

That weather was not detrimental to any passing attack. Jack Coan torched us through the air much more than Jonathan Taylor ran on us
Eh-- maybe. I still think the weather ruined our juice that day

But when has Taylor ever shown to be a good back at the NFL level? You can’t find one dominant performance from him. (I saw today’s stats)

that fateful day back in '19 he only averaged 4.2 ypc actually

But I agree he's very very good

All I remember from that game was it snowing a lot in the 2nd half and Jonathan Taylor catching screen passes and short dinky doos that our defense couldn't stop.

First time I've seen any chance of any precip on Sat. Nooooo, go away!

NWS as of now:

Saturday
A slight chance of rain and snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

NWS as of now:

Saturday
A slight chance of rain and snow showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
For the fans, let's hope it doesn't rain. Rain and 30s would be awful.

NWS as of now:

Saturday
Accuweather is a little less promising. 89% chance of precipitation, but likely early in the day. 55% in the afternoon.

NWS owns all the doppler radars that actually measure the weather.

No chance that some 3rd party private company makes better predictions with that data.
Usually at this point, roughly 72 hours out they are usually pretty much in sync. I find it unique for this Saturday there is such a wide percentage margin.

Mostly I use Accuweather "Day of" events (ie golf) because at that point their app works well and seems to be pretty spot on when forecasting hourly weather. Tracking the precip for the Ohio St game, they nailed it.

I rely on WeatherUnderground and seems dry from it...

View attachment 15533
Weather channel and weather underground are the same company now I believe. I have the AccuWeather app too but my experience for when it matters is that weather channel is more accurate.

Weather channel has Saturday as less than 20% chance of precip and as snow/flurries.

I like that forecast better. I wonder how the big drop in humidity during the game will factor into the Gophers offense.
I do weather like my politics. Ignore the reports against me and use the reports that favor me.

Weather forecast is dry?
STOP THE COUNT

And the Gophers were out coached in 2019 IMHO. Wisky added some wrinkles to their offense and a few trick plays and the Gophers only ran their predictable offense.

Looking good now pretty much across the board.

Top Bottom