Wisconsin Championship Week - Uniform Poll

What uniforms do you want for the biggest game of the year?

• All Maroon

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Maroon Maroon Gold

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Maroon Maroon White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chrome Maroon Maroon

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Chrome Maroon White

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Gold (yellow) Maroon Gld

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Full Bannana

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Gold (yellow) Gold Maroon

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Maroon Gold Mroon

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Other - something new and awesome that PJ wants to give us

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

gophers141

Reaction score
What uniforms do you want for the biggest game of the year?

Oars in.

I'd like MMG but using the maroon helmets from Northwestern, with the chrome gold mask and decals.

FULL BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!111!!!

I went MGM because I've never seen "Mroon"..... Just kidding, don't send me to one of those Wisconsin serial killers.

Having a different uniform for every game is getting old...but all-white for a snowstorm might be an unfair advantage. Maybe Wisconsin would be all-white, too, just to make it interesting. More seriously, all-maroon with the chrome helmet is a good look (as in Penn State game).

Hear me out:

Since transitioning to the H.Y.P.R.R. Elite uniforms last season, here's how they've performed when wearing their various colors:

Helmets
Gold 3-0
Maroon 8-3
Chrome 5-2
White 1-2

Jerseys
Anthracite 2-0
Gold 1-0
White 7-5
Maroon 7-2

Pants
Gold 6-0
Anthracite 2-0
Maroon 8-4
White 1-3

So, without really wanting to endorse a Gold-Anthracite-Anthracite combo, and feeling like Full Banana's just a tad extreme, I think there's a great case to be made for Gold-Maroon-Gold.

Looked great against Illinois. Makes for high contrast to Wisco's unis. And lots of Goldy options for the helmet as well.

MGM sounds good to me. Agree that chrome helmets are the sickness, so I have no issue with any uni that includes those.

Two questions:

Is it true that we have yet to repeat any uniform combo this season?

Is it true that white helmets have been retired?

Two questions:

Is it true that we have yet to repeat any uniform combo this season?

Is it true that white helmets have been retired?

Uni combos this year:

SDSU - MGM
Fresno - GWG
GA Southern - MMG
Purdue - MWG
Illinois - GMG
Nebraska - MMM
Rutgers - GWM
Maryland - CAA
Penn State - CMM
Iowa - MWW
Northwestern - MWM

Uni combos this year:

SDSU - MGM
Fresno - GWG
GA Southern - MMG
Purdue - MWG
Illinois - GMG
Nebraska - MMM
Rutgers - GWM
Maryland - CAA
Penn State - CMM
Iowa - MWW
Northwestern - MWM

To keep the unique trend going, I'm betting on Chrome Helmets/Maroon Jersey/Gold Pants then.

Uni combos this year:

SDSU - MGM
Fresno - GWG
GA Southern - MMG
Purdue - MWG
Illinois - GMG
Nebraska - MMM
Rutgers - GWM
Maryland - CAA
Penn State - CMM
Iowa - MWW
Northwestern - MWM

Okay, so no repeats so far.

Also: no white helmets so far.

Color combinations yet to be used:

— the much-requested "full banana"

— maroon helmet, gold jersey, gold pants

— any combo with a white helmet

— the chrome helmet with the 'gold' (yellow-like) pants (I don't recall ever using the chrome gold helmet with the yellowish-gold pants or jerseys)

... have I missed any?

I still say they can do something with the helmets during trophy games (or at least traditional ones). Have Goldy on one side and the Axe on the other. Same for Floyd.

Watch this video and you might predict white helmet with maroon and maroon...

The players spend too much time on these designs. Just pick something simple - full banana - and get back to practice.

Let’s go full banana if we wanna win like the old times let’s dress the same

I think it's an individual unaffiliated with the University who put that together. The clips highlighting the WMM combo are taken from something the University put out last year so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Last edited:

It's really cool that this season is happening in the heart of the Internet age. There's lots of awesome mementos like this one that we'll always have. Really high quality production.

The players spend too much time on these designs. Just pick something simple - full banana - and get back to practice.
If only they had a Special Assistant to the Head Coach that could help with that...…………….

None of above. Instead, throwback uniforms from the early 60s: real maroon jerseys unadorned except for numbers, tan pants, white helmets with tri-stripes down the middle: maroon, gold, maroon.

I say "real maroon" because the Gophers have unfortunately adopted a purplish "Chicago Maroon", whereas true maroon is a brownish red.

Hear me out:

Since transitioning to the H.Y.P.R.R. Elite uniforms last season, here's how they've performed when wearing their various colors:

Helmets
Gold 3-0
Maroon 8-3
Chrome 5-2
White 1-2

Jerseys
Anthracite 2-0
Gold 1-0
White 7-5
Maroon 7-2

Pants
Gold 6-0
Anthracite 2-0
Maroon 8-4
White 1-3

So, without really wanting to endorse a Gold-Anthracite-Anthracite combo, and feeling like Full Banana's just a tad extreme, I think there's a great case to be made for Gold-Maroon-Gold.

Looked great against Illinois. Makes for high contrast to Wisco's unis. And lots of Goldy options for the helmet as well.

Thanks for making this out! My argument is made for me!
Gold Helmets 3-0
Gold Jerseys 1-0
Gold Pants 6-0

Looks like FULL BANANA!!!

Besides, Badgers don't play well in yellow snow!

New idea.

Bring back the maroon helmets with numbers from the Nebraska game. But everyone wears Casey O'Brien's #14.

Top Bottom