Winfield Jr declares for NFL Draft

Boo. What a selfish jerk!

(Just kidding. Fully expected, best of luck and thanks for all you've done for the program!)

Good luck to him. who do we think goes higher, TJ or AW?

Not unexpected. Not even sure I can say I'm disappointed, after all he's done for us. I'll miss his contributions but hope he has an enormously successful pro career.

Good luck to him. who do we think goes higher, TJ or AW?

There are lots of highly graded receivers in this years draft. I'm thinking AW goes higher. Any team would be happy to have either one, so I'm thinking both in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I will miss him, but don't blame him at all. I hope his NFL career is long and successful.

Gotta strike when the iron is hot! Best of luck to him! I hope he will be an ambassador for the program going forward!

Good luck to him!!!

Either opens a scholarship for a (grad) transfer, or makes it one easier for Fleck to make the numbers work for the incoming 25.

He'll be missed in Maroon and Gold, but wish young man the best.

I had a very rare and unique opinion he wouldn't be back, so I'm not surprised like the rest of you bums

Was selfishly hoping he would choose to stick around one more year but not surprised at all that he is electing to go pro now.

Sucks that we got cheated out of the majority of 2 seasons due to injuries. Here's hoping he has a nice long NFL career and if he would happen to end up with the Purple, even better.

He has been great for the program. Wish him all the best and good luck! He'll always be a Gopher at heart.

So proud of him! Can't wait to see him play Sundays! Wish him the very best!

Understandable choice. I hope he is in Purple or Broncos orange next fall.

Winfield for sure. Can't see Johnson going very high

Outside of the one toolbag who clearly had Johnson mixed up with someone else and predicted 6th-7th round, all the projections I have seen have TJ going in the 2nd or 3rd round. I would expect Winfield to be projected in a similar area so I think the question of which one goes higher is a good one.

I will be surprised if either is still on the board at the end of round 3.

Will go down as one of my all time favorite Gophers. Class act all the way, too. No surprise, everyone knew this was coming. Not much more I can say.

You've done yourself and your family proud. Continue on the path you've chosen, its a good one. And, win a Super Bowl.

Top Bottom