Winfield Jr declares for NFL Draft

one of my favorite gophers to watch! wish him well! He will find a roll in the NFL!

Dude was an absolute game changer. He may have actually been more valuable than anyone on the team with his ability to make the big play when we needed it most. 100% think he made the right choice for his future but also was hoping he would have a Tyler plan and make 1 more run at it. Good luck at the next level AW Jr!

No surprise as everyone else puts it. Absolutely the right decision for him - especially since it sounds like he'll graduate in the spring (get that degree!).
With that said - as it pertains to the Gophers - maybe his replacement will be his brother ;) I wouldn't mind another ball-hawking Winfield in our secondary.

Thanks for the great memories, Antoine, and best of luck as a pro!

I would definitely reach a little for a guy like him. He makes plays. Hoping against hope that we get to keep him in town.

Go get paid kid, thanks for everything. So many great memories, from Fresno State to PSU.

Dude was an absolute game changer. He may have actually been more valuable than anyone on the team with his ability to make the big play when we needed it most. 100% think he made the right choice for his future but also was hoping he would have a Tyler plan and make 1 more run at it. Good luck at the next level AW Jr!

His presence alone back there probably gave a lot of OC's fits. When you have a ball hawking safety roaming around back there it is going to make teams much more hesitant to take deep shots, especially over the middle of the field. He will absolutely be missed.

Nubin has some huge shoes to fill next year. Seems like a very talented kid, hopefully he learned a lot from Antoine over the course of the season and is ready to jump in and contribute next year.

A well deserved opportunity! The man got sh!t on by people at UMN and he stuck it out anyway. He caught tough breaks with injuries. He is a model of what can happen when you persevere. I wish him an amazing professional career and a very productive life after UMN. Ski-U-Mah young man!

Legend.

Go Antoine Winfield, Jr!!
Lots of legends on this team that are graduating or declaring. Also a lot of legends in the making. TM, next legend up along with Bateman and other who have potential!

Congratulations Antoine! You deserve to go out on a high note and not risk injury.

I hope all the Empire Class members get drafted or sign as an UFDA.

Hell of a football player. I know he was an All American, but he is still underrated.

He will get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and he will be better than most of the people drafted ahead of him.

Anthony Harris will be a free agent next year.....

Spot on! You said it perfectly.

AW was indeed a game changer, and in a season littered with firsts and great plays and unbelievable moments, #11 stood out.

He's my 2019 Gopher MVP, for what that's worth. His entire career was amazing.

I'll miss him tremendously in maroon and gold, but he's making the right decision and I'm pulling for him in the NFL.

It's really starting to sink in now: the Empire Class is moving on.

Like many others have said, I've watched a lot of Gopher football over the years and he ranks with the best (and most enjoyable) I've watched. I can't remember him leaving anything on the field. Good luck to him!

Anthony Harris will be a free agent next year.....
As much as I appreciate AW11 for his efforts and perseverance through two season-ending injuries, I'd hate to see the Vikings lose Harris right now. If they draft him, I would accept trading Harris in a year or two and letting Winfield take the reins!!

Winfield Jr.
Stud.
MN legend.
Thank you.
Way to go!

Good for him. Fantastic player and young man. Gopher legend indeed. He reminds me a bit of Bob Sanders and TJ reminds me of Tyler Boyd. Barring injury, both should have long careers in the NFL. If the Vikings grab AW in the 2nd and TJ in the 3rd, I’d be a happy dude.

We all knew this was coming. Congrats and thank you for your contributions to our team young man!

Good luck to him. who do we think goes higher, TJ or AW?
I would think AWJr would go higher than TJ. My guess is AWJr in the 2nd round and TJ in the 4th round. Just my guess. But I will save my post and re-post, after the draft, especially if my guess is correct.

I would think AWJr would go higher than TJ. My guess is AWJr in the 2nd round and TJ in the 4th round. Just my guess. But I will save my post and re-post, after the draft, especially if my guess is correct.

These have Johnson considerably higher, and he's higher here as well. Both have Johnson around second round.

I think his bowl performance really boosted his stock, he might not have a great combine though.

Top Bottom