Wills Shaping Up

Nice piece. Seems like a good kid.

Wills was arguably our best lineman down the stretch after a shaky start. With increased stamina and mobility from losing even more weight he could be a real beast this year. I don't think the NFL is an unreasonable goal. It'd be soooo sweet to watch him shove it right down the throats of a handful of posters who crucified the kid here last year.

Kudos to the Tribune for doing all these great stories on gopher players. I really enjoy getting to know who these guys are off the field. They have been all impressive individuals.

I spoke with him after the scrimmage and he is a very nice kid. I look forward to rooting for him this year and hope he can take the next step.

hats of to Big Jeff as coach calls him

I was probably one of those posters that was one of his loud vocal critics to start last season. I think I already admitted this but I was wrong about Jeff Wills. He is a Big 10 player and a good representative of the Gophers. By the Ohio State game and the Penn State game last year you could see he had become one of the Gophers better O-lineman and was beating his guy a lot and even caved the line a few times.

This kid has worked his tail off and turned himself into a player with a future. A hats off to thee, a bigger Ski-U-Mah and thank's to Jeff Wills for being a Gopher and bringing his cousin here, he has earned every bit of respect he has started to gain on the field and from the scouts. Continued success to Jeff and a good career after his U day's.

Top Bottom