Will we see the all-gold unis vs. Wisconsin?

Ski U Master

Reaction score
I was going to post this in the gold-out thread, but that has become a wasteland of garbage. I would imagine we will finally see the new version of the banana suit, hopefully it looks better than the one a couple years back. I think the maroon piping will go a long way to improving the design.

I will be so pumped if we see the all-golds for this game. I think they will look very flashy and sharp.

Everyone has different taste but for me... I truly hope we DO NOT ever see those all gold things again. Me no likey.

Everyone has different taste but for me... I truly hope we DO NOT ever see those all gold things again. Me no likey.

I'd love it if they managed to get the all-golds looking nice, but something tells me this is just another Oregon style BFU disaster waiting to happen.

The gold uniforms looked pretty good in person, but they looked terrible on TV.

I always saw this as a hastily assembled uniform that was not really the true Gopher gold color. Hopefully, if they do it again, the color will be more accurate rather than that of a yellow highlighter.

Please note that discussing the teams' choice of uniform colors is in no way an endorsement of fascism... so please... lets keep the discussion civil.

If our all-golds are the gold from our pants with maroon piping on the jerseys (instead of just a solid mustard top), I'm telling you, it's gonna look bada**.

I was going to post this in the gold-out thread, but that has become a wasteland of garbage. I would imagine we will finally see the new version of the banana suit, hopefully it looks better than the one a couple years back. I think the maroon piping will go a long way to improving the design.

I think everyone has to know they don't have to look good in the least.

They make a statement.

Gold only will look good with a white or possibly gold helmet.

I don't care if they look good, it is just exciting and means it is a big game.

I always saw this as a hastily assembled uniform that was not really the true Gopher gold color. Hopefully, if they do it again, the color will be more accurate rather than that of a yellow highlighter.

Please note that discussing the teams' choice of uniform colors is in no way an endorsement of fascism... so please... lets keep the discussion civil.

I wonder if any players on the team will protest and refuse to play if they "are forced to wear gold jerseys"? You'd hate to see someone on the team feel pressured to do something because the rest of their teammates were doing it.

If they made gold jerseys with the current design for the maroon and white jerseys, I think it would actually look pretty cool. But one combination I would love to see are golds jerseys with maroon pants. That is probably the only way the maroon pants would look good. All maroon is too much maroon. The mandatory home uniform combo (for non gold out games) should be Maroon jerseys with Gold pants.

geez, I hope not...a couple yr's ago when they did that they even made fun of them on ESPN calling them "mustard suits"

Do we even have gold jersey's? When they unveiled the new design last year there wasn't a gold jersey as part of the uniform.

I have a feeling we will break them out. They will also look great because of the updated styling/colors.

Even though the gold jerseys were not unveiled last year, everyone assumes that they do exist. I hope we break them out more often. All gold for HUGE games, maybe gold jerseys and maroon pants as a alternate to the maroon jerseys?

I hope we learned our lesson with a couple years back will the mustard suits...its just not a good look in my opinion. Lighter colors just dont have that appeal of an all black look or something or something like that....same thing with oregon in yellow, syracuse in all orange, it's just odd looking... I could handle a gold jersey with the maroon piping, but only if they wore white pants with it....

Also it would be cool...no matter what we wore...(and refresh my memory if we have done this in the past)...if we came out for warmups in our basic uniforms, then went back in to the locker room and then stormed the field in something completely different.

I hope we learned our lesson with a couple years back will the mustard suits...its just not a good look in my opinion. Lighter colors just dont have that appeal of an all black look or something or something like that....same thing with oregon in yellow, syracuse in all orange, it's just odd looking... I could handle a gold jersey with the maroon piping, but only if they wore white pants with it....

Also it would be cool...no matter what we wore...(and refresh my memory if we have done this in the past)...if we came out for warmups in our basic uniforms, then went back in to the locker room and then stormed the field in something completely different.

That is exactly what Georgia did in that 2007 game against Auburn when they wore the black jerseys for the first time in history. Warmed up in red and then came STORMIN' out of the tunnel in black jerseys. Simply unreal electricity that day.

If memories serves me correctly, that is what happened in the 2007 game versus Ohio State.

Goldout??

Wish everyone would stop calling it a gold-out. Blackout makes sense, whiteout makes sense, Goldout sounds stupid. Solid gold saturday sounds way cooler. I think Blaze Orange Saturday would beat any blackout, whitout, goldout, etc.....

I agree, although the bad color on tv was at least in part because of the humpty dumpty dome color washing/fading effect....

I agree, although the bad color on tv was at least in part because of the humpty dumpty dome color washing/fading effect....

Nice job quickly removing the non sequitur/random slam against me.

Nice job quickly removing the non sequitur/random slam against me.

Dude, STFU. Go play Wheel of Fortune or something. Nobody here cares that you memorized 1/3 of the dictionary so you could pass the SAT and get into Minnesota-Crookston.

Dude, STFU. Go play Wheel of Fortune or something. Nobody here cares that you memorized 1/3 of the dictionary so you could pass the SAT and get into Minnesota-Crookston.

Nice job slamming everyone who has ever gone to Crookston. But I guess you're better than them, huh?

If you had started paying attention to this board earlier than the last 6 weeks, you would know that I am a proud alum (and employee) of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Furthermore, I didn't take the SAT - most HS students in SD don't.

You continue to do an exemplary job of doing nothing aside from ripping me (and other posters) with generic stereotypes and contributing little to the conversation. Go back to the Tubby board where you can at least pretend you know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground.

Hog tie them hogs

I think a deeper, closer to mustard gold, ala the 1930's color is needed. I also think a nice yellow-gold helmet is a must for the look. Being outside will also greatly enhance the color. Michigan's maize looked awful in the dome too. I'd love to see it. The all gold basket ball jersey is my favorite as well. We are the golden gophers, and we should embrace that heritage more. Some nice piping and a gold helmet with maroon mask and our kit could look pretty sharp.

2n9deu1.jpg

Nice job slamming everyone who has ever gone to Crookston. But I guess you're better than them, huh?

If you had started paying attention to this board earlier than the last 6 weeks, you would know that I am a proud alum (and employee) of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Furthermore, I didn't take the SAT - most HS students in SD don't.

You continue to do an exemplary job of doing nothing aside from ripping me (and other posters) with generic stereotypes and contributing little to the conversation. Go back to the Tubby board where you can at least pretend you know the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground.

That's a really beautiful story. I went to the U as well and I have actually been reading this board daily since 1996. So I have a pretty good idea about who the legit and informative posters are and who simply enjoys being a contrarian. Thanks for the mini-bio though. The fact that you work in academia explains a lot about your overall douche style of talking down to people (not to mention copying and pasting dictionaries).

Would you like me to private message you with my transcripts so we can have an E-pissing contest?

That's a really beautiful story. I went to the U as well and I have actually been reading this board daily since 1996. So I have a pretty good idea about who the legit and informative posters are and who simply enjoys being a contrarian. Thanks for the mini-bio though. The fact that you work in academia explains a lot about your overall douche style of talking down to people (not to mention copying and pasting dictionaries).

Would you like me to private message you with my transcripts so we can have an E-pissing contest?

Hey man, I was willing to drop it a long time ago. I'm not the one who is posting my name in threads that had nothing to with me, let alone threads where I hadn't even posted. I guess I'm supposed to just let people say whatever they want and not defend myself, huh?

Further, by not saying anything, you've admitted that you think people who attended Crookston are beneath you.

I've said it before, and now I'm saying it again - stop libeling me, and feel free to cite evidence of this supposed "talking down to people".

I wonder if any players on the team will protest and refuse to play if they "are forced to wear gold jerseys"? You'd hate to see someone on the team feel pressured to do something because the rest of their teammates were doing it.

I'm usually pretty good at picking up on sarcasm but i might be missing it here. You're not serious are you? If you are...this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard...my God.

By the way, who cares if we like the uni's or not. If you remember that game vs. Ohio St. we landed something like 9 out of 9 visitors that day. The recruits all mentioned that they loved the uni's. It's about being unique and creating your own brand/footprint. Like J. taking a team penalty at NCAA wrestling because his wrestlers ALWAYS where a gold singlet in the Championship match. I love that stuff.

I would love it if we broke out all golds against Wiscy. Kids love stuff like that and these games are about the kids...and me. We should be doing this for about 1 game a year or maybe even every other year. And I think, depending on how the games go prior to Wiscy, that it would be awesome to see them.

(And we did come out in different uniforms than they warmed up in btw. )

I'm usually pretty good at picking up on sarcasm but i might be missing it here. You're not serious are you? If you are...this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard...my God.

By the way, who cares if we like the uni's or not. If you remember that game vs. Ohio St. we landed something like 9 out of 9 visitors that day. The recruits all mentioned that they loved the uni's. It's about being unique and creating your own brand/footprint. Like J. taking a team penalty at NCAA wrestling because his wrestlers ALWAYS where a gold singlet in the Championship match. I love that stuff.

I would love it if we broke out all golds against Wiscy. Kids love stuff like that and these games are about the kids...and me. We should be doing this for about 1 game a year or maybe even every other year. And I think, depending on how the games go prior to Wiscy, that it would be awesome to see them.

(And we did come out in different uniforms than they warmed up in btw. )

Sorry, you BADLY missed on the sarcasm here. I obviously love the one-color unis and the idea of all the fans wearing one color. I was simply wondering if some players on the team would deal with this "fascism" and "oppression" as badly as Doll and some other fans did. ;)

Stop ruining all the threads! :mad:

Define "ruined", please. I'm sure there's a lot of people (as stated in the other thread) that are at work and are rather entertained by this stuff. If you're not, skim over the stuff. It's really not that big of a deal.

Hey man, I was willing to drop it a long time ago. I'm not the one who is posting my name in threads that had nothing to with me, let alone threads where I hadn't even posted. I guess I'm supposed to just let people say whatever they want and not defend myself, huh?

Further, by not saying anything, you've admitted that you think people who attended Crookston are beneath you.

I've said it before, and now I'm saying it again - stop libeling me, and feel free to cite evidence of this supposed "talking down to people".

Sorry, I shouldn't have said Crookston. How about South Dakota State?

Also, I want to thank you for making my week fly by so fast. I will enjoy the rest of it golfing, watching horses at Del Mar and hitting the beaches in San Diego knowing that you will be spending it with your nose buried in the newest Webster's thinking of your next big comeback (aka paste). Cheers!

Sorry, you BADLY missed on the sarcasm here. I obviously love the one-color unis and the idea of all the fans wearing one color. I was simply wondering if some players on the team would deal with this "fascism" and "oppression" as badly as Doll and some other fans did. ;)

Your attempt at simile is quite weak. It would be stronger the moment that players had to pay for their own jerseys, and also at the time that teams stopped issuing identical uniforms to players and allowed them to wear whatever they want. Note that I also never said that I dislike the gold uniforms. Obviously, I don't think it's a bad look, as I have a picture of one in my avatar. Nice try, though.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said Crookston. How about South Dakota State?

Oh, so all SDSU alums are beneath you too, eh? I don't know any Crookston alums, but I know several people who graduated from SDSU that are much, much smarter than you. Keep it up, though. Let's see how many people you can continue to offend with your stereotypical blanket statements.

Also, I want to thank you for making my week fly by so fast. I will enjoy the rest of it golfing, watching horses at Del Mar and hitting the beaches in San Diego knowing that you will be spending it with your nose buried in the newest Webster's thinking of your next big comeback (aka paste). Cheers!

Blah, blah, blah, random crap no one cares about. Last time I checked, consulting a dictionary is an accepted practice of proving people wrong who claim that something isn't when it clearly is. I suppose you've never used a dictionary in your job as a "writer"?

Top Bottom