Will Johnson, Are You Out There?

John Galt

Reaction score
Do you really want to be remembered as the one Minnesota player who left the state during Jerry Kill's historic 1st class? You'll never get another chance to be a part of this.

Go easy on the kid, I don't think he will be remembered...we will remember the Seantrals, Floyd, Ashleys cause we suck. Those days are over, we will not fret about those that chose to leave when we are winning.

you can bet the phone calls are comming from Nelson, Williams, et al. Come On, Man.

Hopefully he likes women with 3 teeth! Seriously, I think he wants to play TE and Gophers want him to play OL. Good luck to him.

Almost heaven, Minnesota
City of Lakes
Mississippi River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin like a breeze

Country Roads, take me home
To the place I belong
Minnesota, northern momma
Take me home, country roads

All my memories gathered round her
Miners lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of Summit
Teardrops in my eye

To the place I belong

I hear her voice
In the mornin hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin down the road I get a feelin
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place I belong
Take me home, now country roads

Almost heaven, Minnesota
City of Lakes
Mississippi River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin like a breeze

To the place I belong

All my memories gathered round her
Miners lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of Summit
Teardrops in my eye

To the place I belong

I hear her voice
In the mornin hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin down the road I get a feelin
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place I belong

That John Denver's fulla *&&$!*%!

Hopefully he likes women with 3 teeth! Seriously, I think he wants to play TE and Gophers want him to play OL. Good luck to him.

That's certainly a possibility but it seems a little weird. We have one of the only offenses where Johnson would make sense at TE. Often times our TEs are blockers and on a lot of plays he would be like an extra T on the line. West Virginia doesn't really use TEs. They don't have a TE coach, they use a ton of slot WRs instead (they have an inside WRs coach). I genuinely think he had a much better chance of playing TE at the U than at West Virginia.

I think West Virginia told him that he could play TE, he looked at their TE/slot WR's stats and he liked it. I wish him luck, but I think he's going to have a really tough time playing that position. As good as Spaeth was, could you imagine him playing in the slot on 70% of the plays? It would seem like a waste. Ultimately, I think West Virginia told him they'd give him a shot at TE (which they probably will), and he wanted to go away for school.

Actually WVU has nice looking coeds. It's the backroads where you run into the 3 teether's and the blockheads

What's a hundred yards long and has three teeth?

The front row at a WV football game.

Do you really want to be remembered as the one Minnesota player who left the state during Jerry Kill's historic 1st class? You'll never get another chance to be a part of this.

Historic?

Even with McDonald on board this class is still deal last in the B1G recruting rankings.

I'm assuming by historic you simply mean it's Kill's first full recruitng class.....

Historic?

Even with McDonald on board this class is still deal last in the B1G recruting rankings.

I'm assuming by historic you simply mean it's Kill's first full recruitng class.....

Getting the chili hot, you don't have to be a debbie downer.

Do you think that these guys will perform to their recruiting rankings? Or do you think that Kill will start turning things around?

Personally, I think Nelson is really good. From what I've seen McDonald and Williams aren't bad either. We got some good pieces in this class and a lot of projects who could contribute some day. We gotta start somewhere, and ya I think Nelson/McDonald/Pirsig/etc could be the start of something good. Not even with the obviously success metric (Wins/Losses) necessarily, but just in getting the Minnesota people excited and passionate about playing/watching the maroon and gold. In the past, I wouldn't have counted on nearly any of these guys coming here. Nelson? Father went to Wisky forget him. Pirsig/McDonald? Ohio State offers forget them. My how things have changed though.

Who would've thought that all it would take to keep top talent home is a hardworking, straight shooting, down to earth guy as coach?

How Minnesotan. :D

Historic?

Art - Go climb back under your rock or bridge. Very nice class of recruits IMO, and the best part is we have a coach that knows how to get the most out of them within his system. We'll be just fine!

There's no shame in losing a kid to Stanford or Notre Dame.

But West Virginia?

Seriously, that's embarrassing--for the kid's family and high school.

In the last 15 to 20 years who has been better .... MN or WV. It is not to hard to answer. We are not going to get every kid. I am happy with this class.

There's no shame in losing a kid to Stanford or Notre Dame.

But West Virginia?

Seriously, that's embarrassing--for the kid's family and high school.

It seems peculiar to lose a kid to West Virginia but they have a really good program. Over the past 10 years West Virginia has not only been better than us, they've been better than Stanford or Notre Dame too. They have a good program and they have recruited MN a little over (signed Athey in '10).

Do you think that these guys will perform to their recruiting rankings? Or do you think that Kill will start turning things around?

Personally, I think Nelson is really good. From what I've seen McDonald and Williams aren't bad either. We got some good pieces in this class and a lot of projects who could contribute some day. We gotta start somewhere, and ya I think Nelson/McDonald/Pirsig/etc could be the start of something good. Not even with the obviously success metric (Wins/Losses) necessarily, but just in getting the Minnesota people excited and passionate about playing/watching the maroon and gold. In the past, I wouldn't have counted on nearly any of these guys coming here. Nelson? Father went to Wisky forget him. Pirsig/McDonald? Ohio State offers forget them. My how things have changed though.

Who would've thought that all it would take to keep top talent home is a hardworking, straight shooting, down to earth guy as coach?

I like MN's class, but it's worth mentioning that Nelson never had a Badger offer, so the fact that his father went to UW is irrelevant, because we didn't want him. Pirsig and McDonald are nice pick ups though.

You don't know that.

On 2/8 Phillip said he wasn't "a lock if the Badger's offered," but that he was a Badger fan. On 2/19, eleven days later, he committed to the Gophers. He never had a UW offer and he didn't want to go to junior day to earn one, which could be because he liked Minnesota better, I don't know. He's done several interviews since his commitment. He never had a UW offer.

On 2/8 Phillip said he wasn't "a lock if the Badger's offered," but that he was a Badger fan. On 2/19, eleven days later, he committed to the Gophers. He never had a UW offer and he didn't want to go to junior day to earn one, which could be because he liked Minnesota better, I don't know. He's done several interviews since his commitment. He never had a UW offer.

Shouldn't you be unbuckling a male student's pants right about now?

Badger2010 said:
I like MN's class, but it's worth mentioning that Nelson never had a Badger offer, so the fact that his father went to UW is irrelevant, because we didn't want him. Pirsig and McDonald are nice pick ups though.
Even if you wanted him the Badgers new they would not get him. Kill is locking the borders down now Badger fans - No more thinking you have this state.

Slow clapping....

I understand Nelson never had a Badger offer, but do you believe that BB wouldn't have offered eventually? I feel as if you have an "in" with a good recruit right next door you should try and offer to get him. Even if you have a QB locked down for the year would it hurt to recruit too many good QBs?

Or is this Houston kid the truth for you guys?

I understand Nelson never had a Badger offer, but do you believe that BB wouldn't have offered eventually? I feel as if you have an "in" with a good recruit right next door you should try and offer to get him. Even if you have a QB locked down for the year would it hurt to recruit too many good QBs?

Or is this Houston kid the truth for you guys?

I understand the hostility towards me being that I'm from an opposing fan base, but if you review my posts I am not a troll, and have never said anything bad about the Gophers.

I like Nelson. As for whether or not he would have been offered by Wisconsin, I can't say for sure, but Houston committed to us early on and we only had 12 open schollys, so I personally doubt we would have offered another QB.

As for Parski and Unregistered User...15 of 17.

Badger2010 said:
I understand the hostility towards me being that I'm from an opposing fan base, but if you review my posts I am not a troll, and have never said anything bad about the Gophers.

I like Nelson. As for whether or not he would have been offered by Wisconsin, I can't say for sure, but Houston committed to us early on and we only had 12 open schollys, so I personally doubt we would have offered another QB.

As for Parski and Unregistered User...15 of 17.
Don't you have Badger boards to join? Why bother Gopher fans with your Badger crap? We don't care that Wisconsin did not offer him.

Top Bottom