Will Cory Joseph be a Gopher?

Will Cory Joseph be a Gopher?

• Yes

Votes: 92 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 43.9%

• Total voters

Let's not get carried away. Kalin Lucas was Big 10 POY two years ago and assuming Talor Battle comes back Cory is going to have a tough time putting up the kind of numbers he has had the last couple years.

What was Jim Dutcher's secret to being such a great recruiter? He seemed liked a pretty mellow low key guy.

I won't say on the same level as C. Joseph as he is a McDonald's all American, and top 25 player, but Quincy Lewis, Courtney James, and Charles Thomas for that matter were very highly thought of out of state players. Also Voshon Lenard was also very highly thought of out of stater.

FWIW, the times I saw Joseph play AAU the last couple of years, he was clearly the best player on the court and his coach pretty much let him do what he wanted to. Does Tubby want a guy who works hard simply to be the best player on the floor?- or, is he convinced that he can fulfill Joeph's true potential- shared by the all-time greats, and that is- the ability to make everyone on his team better? Joseph will have to be convinced that being a "one-and-done" is not the best route for him. Hanging out with his brother, for at least a couple of years, hopefully is appealing enough to Cory that he finally comes this way. I'd say right now it's less than a 50/50 prop.

Minor point Beeg. Wasn't Mitchell a SG ? I think the late Mark Hall was the PG in that recruiting class.

Mitchell was 1978 (I think) but not #1 ranked player.

That was Dwight Anderson of Dayton (OH) Roth, who went to Kentucky.

Yes- Mitchell was part of the 1982 senior class that won the big ten. That team had four regular starters, Mitchell, Tucker, Cookie Holmes and Jr Randy Breuer. The fifth spot rotated between Freshman Tommy Davis, Sr Zebedee Howell (the worst jump shot in the history of Gopher BB) Sophmore Jim Peterson or Sr. John Wiley. I was in the pep band that year and those games toward the end of the season, especially the last game against Ohio State were the loudest I have ever heard Willaims Arena. The attendance at that game was 17,378.

Mitchell was 1978 (I think) but not #1 ranked player.

That was Dwight Anderson of Dayton (OH) Roth, who went to Kentucky.

I don't remember Mitchel being the #1 recruit either, but the Gopher recruiting class was #1 in the country-according to my memory.

Yes- Mitchell was part of the 1982 senior class that won the big ten. That team had four regular starters, Mitchell, Tucker, Cookie Holmes and Jr Randy Breuer. The fifth spot rotated between Freshman Tommy Davis, Sr Zebedee Howell (the worst jump shot in the history of Gopher BB) Sophmore Jim Peterson or Sr. John Wiley. I was in the pep band that year and those games toward the end of the season, especially the last game against Ohio State were the loudest I have ever heard Willaims Arena. The attendance at that game was 17,378.

I was at that game (as a youngster) and I still remember it being the loudest sporting event I've been to. Great team overall. Tommy Davis was a great Freshman I remember.

I was at that game (as a youngster) and I still remember it being the loudest sporting event I've been to. Great team overall. Tommy Davis was a great Freshman I remember.

Williams Arena was indeed loud in the days before the "improvements" cut back on the seating and provided many patrons with a soft cushion for their rears.

However, if any Minnesotan says it is the "loudest sporting event," you must not have gone to any of the Twins postseason games in 87 or 91. With no more dome bandboxes being built like that, I doubt there will ever be a sporting event more noisy than those Twins games.

It looks like another day/week passing without any decision from Cory.

Top Bottom