WI Roadtrip Roll Call

ChicagoGopher

Reaction score
Who's going and where are you tailgating pre-game? We'll be there with 8 and as in years past, will be in the Edgewood HS lot.

SKI-U-MAH!!!

Heading up Friday night!!! Can't wait, this is our first trip to The Camp since 1992.

Don't have our tickets lined up yet, so if anyone has 2 (especially in the Gopher section) please PM me.

Go Gophers!!

Breakfast Burritos by 7:30 in Lot 36. Firehouse steaks later on... lots of BM and beer. Stop over. Sitting in JJ.

I'll be there with a group of 6 Gopher fans. Probably be at the Stadium Bar for pregame. Leaving Friday morning.

I'll be there. No idea where, but probably Stadium bar.

Breakfast Burritos by 7:30 in Lot 36. Firehouse steaks later on... lots of BM and beer. Stop over. Sitting in JJ.

mnsports - Lot 36 is a ramp. Not sure how the tailgating will go there. Monsignor and I, with crew, will be in in a lot close to that (part of our group parks in 36). We won't be starting until about 9a, but you are welcome to join us - PM me with questions.

We'll be there sometime Friday afternoon. State Street that night, then who knows Saturday morning.

mnsports - Lot 36 is a ramp. Not sure how the tailgating will go there. Monsignor and I, with crew, will be in in a lot close to that (part of our group parks in 36). We won't be starting until about 9a, but you are welcome to join us - PM me with questions.
No....Say it ain't so!!!!! I'm gonna have to get after my reservation guy. There are four of us.

I'll be there with 3 other Gopher fans. This trip was in jeopardy, since I was going to UNLV and Nebraska was the top priority for away games...but it's been over a decade of not missing a game there, couldn't miss it!

We'll be tailgating with our Badger friends DCTRC and Southfew, who graciously invite us each year, and put on the BEST tailgate. Lots of great Gopher fans attend. It's what college football is all about, drink, eat, and have a blast before the game, hate eachother for 3 hours, and party afterwards. We are in Lot 41.

Leaving around 2pm Friday afternoon, not sure where we'll hit up.

we'll be riding the bike path on the old railroad behind Monroe St. to the game. out by 4th quarter if things are ummm 2011 like.

Man, reading this thread you'd almost think there are places in Wisconsin that are fun to go and people in Wisconsin with whom an enjoyable time can be had. I don't know what to believe any more.

We have between 10 and 12 people going. A few of those people are WI grads... one is my brother and the last time the Gophers won the Axe he was a Freshman. We have 3 hotel rooms right on campus. We dont get tickets to the game at all. We will more than likely just end up at the Stadium Bar. Haven't missed the trip since my brother went there but we haven't bothered with tickets now for the last few trips.

We are rolling down with about 10-12 people and meeting even more down there. Excited to challenge those Badger soaks in some spirited games of beer pong and tippy cup. Sitting in the top corner, where I'm sure most Gopher fans are located.

No....Say it ain't so!!!!! I'm gonna have to get after my reservation guy. There are four of us.

Lot 62, just a bit down Observatory Drive usually has "day of" parking, especially if you get there at 7:30a. Cost would be $15.

Here's a map. You can do "Show me - parking" then search for the specific lots.

http://map.wisc.edu/

Nadine - we're in Lot 40, over the pedestrian bridge from dctrc. We may wend our way over there for a bit.

Leaving Friday at noon with my son and 1 Sconni fan. State Street Friday night, Big Ten Bar before the game.

Heading up Friday afternoon from Chicago with a mixed crew. There are a lot of Chicago area alumni making the trek.

It has become something of a tradition to hit up State Street Brats on Friday night, so I assume that's where we'll start.

Lot 62, just a bit down Observatory Drive usually has "day of" parking, especially if you get there at 7:30a. Cost would be $15.

Here's a map. You can do "Show me - parking" then search for the specific lots.

http://map.wisc.edu/

Nadine - we're in Lot 40, over the pedestrian bridge from dctrc. We may wend our way over there for a bit.

He just emailed me that today - you must swing over!

I'm bringing the family and staying at The Dells Friday night. Anyone have a lead on a good liquor store in Madison? I want to get some Three Floyds.

I'm bringing the family and staying at The Dells Friday night. Anyone have a lead on a good liquor store in Madison? I want to get some Three Floyds.

If you can make it out to the west side, Woodman's has a great beer and craft beer selection and you can make your own 6 packs (at least the last time I was there). They have a huge liquor store.

Me +3, looking for the best spot(s) for Saturday morning.

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the Madison area? Is finding something relatively close to campus (about 4-5 miles away) a better option than another area of town that is possibly near a bus line to campus? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Metcalfe's on Uni- technically it is on Midvale is where I go for booze. if you opt for the Middleton hotels at the end of university out by greenway crossing you should have an easy commute to and from the game. you can tell i am a westsider.

I'm headed down with a buddy from MN, sitting with two others coming up from Chicago, and meeting another two friends from WI. Eighth Badger/Gopher fb game in a row. I'll get to see a bunch of my bucky-lovin' family too.

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the Madison area? Is finding something relatively close to campus (about 4-5 miles away) a better option than another area of town that is possibly near a bus line to campus? Thanks in advance for any tips.

I think most if not all of the hotels within walking distance make you reserve both Friday and Saturday nights. University Inn is nothing fancy, but it is literally right next to State Street Brats on State Street. Double Tree Inn and the Concourse Hotel are a nicer hotels, and both an easy walk to the game and State Street, and I know that the Concourse also has shuttles to and from CR. They arent cheap, but all 3 eliminate any need to drive or take a taxi all weekend, good things if you like to have a few drinks.

Top Bottom