Why no Bostick?

Never saw him in.. is there a reason im not aware of?

Probably because he's had a rough last 8-10 games or so. Zero production during his minutes recently.

I did notice him yelling and screaming hard at the end of the bench today. Great sight to see. I really want him to succeed.

Probably because he's had a rough last 8-10 games or so. Zero production during his minutes recently.

I did notice him yelling and screaming hard at the end of the bench today. Great sight to see. I really want him to succeed.

Bostick is probably my favorite gopher. He always looks like hes having a ton of fun and I had a class with him in the fall. He's a great guy and a very positive person. Really wish him the best and a successful career here at Minnesota.

I noticed that too! For so many years, we've had a lot of players, that if they're not playing, they're pouting. I won't name names, but I had the feeling that some would rather have a great game, than win. Bostick seems to be the polar opposite. He's always the 1st one on his feet, cheering his team on, and was celebrating after the game as much as anyone.

He is the essence of a TEAM player.

GopherLady - I think you are absolutely right on. Noticed a few times when the cameras would pan the team bench how Bostick was up an appeared to be really supporting the team and it's efforts while one or two sat there with this horrible "pouty expression".

Hope I'm reading body language and facial expressions wrong.

I noticed very early on that Bostick gave good vibes on the bench. I wish he played with better vibes because we sure could use some shooting help. Seems like a great kid and I also root for him to succeed. He's the type of kid that will hit a huge shot somewhere/sometime in the future and will be remembered for it.:)

GopherLady - I think you are absolutely right on. Noticed a few times when the cameras would pan the team bench how Bostick was up an appeared to be really supporting the team and it's efforts while one or two sat there with this horrible "pouty expression".

Hope I'm reading body language and facial expressions wrong.

Busch was definitely pouting at the very end, not sure why.

Bostick/Match-ups

When we need points, we need three perimeter threats in there, and Bostick has a better chance of playing. Last night, when we went down 5 with 2:48 to go, we had Westbrook, Hoff and Devoe in the game, because they can all hit an outside shot. In my view, Bostick and JAS are the only others on the team with that skill set. I really think if we are to go anywhere in the post season, 3 of those guys have to be in there, or the game has to be in the 40's.

Wisconisn is a team without a lot of offensive talent, so we were able to win a slug fest, and keep 3 bigs in there a lot of the time.

Perhaps the Mounds View posters could investigate and update the board.

Can someone elaborate on why this guy has a case of serious Mounds View envy? Did he lose to them when he was younger?

Last nights game was a defensive dog fight. I don't think Tubby trusts Bostick on D enough right now. We gave up only a handful of open looks and Wisky capitalized on most of them. We couldn't afford any defensive lapses

this seems to be a good group of guys. I'm sure Tubby explained the facts of life to these guys. He has to narrow the rotation, it's not so much that they're not good enough, but more that they aren't the best fit for the team right now. The minutes need to go to the most productive right now, development time is over.

It's about defense and only shooting within the offense. If Bostick doesn't learn or leave in the off-season, he'll be next year's Payton.

Top Bottom