Why do we always get Dakich?

Who pee'd in Dakich's Wheaties?

Geez....does that guy hate the Gophers or what? It seemed painful for him to give the UM any credit...it was all about Miami's lack of effort...blah blah blah.

I also loved how none of our current "situation" is a coaching problem...."it's a basketball problem." "Dan Monson did a great job....need a practice facility...promised Tubby a practice facility...."

I thought he was an obnoxious, pompous a-hole.

Did these guys ever think that Tubby might have been pissed because the refs didn't stop the game even though one of our players was obviously hurt? That's what it looked like to me. He was pointing at where Oto got hurt, and how he slowly was coming down the court. The play should have been blown dead right away. We were playing 4 against 5.

+1! Dakich really blew this analysis. He made the MN coaching staff out to be totally foolish on this exchange, when it was pretty apparent that Tubby blew his stack because the refs didn't blow the play dead.

That Hoffarber shot still really makes his special area hurt, doesn't it?

Geez....does that guy hate the Gophers or what? It seemed painful for him to give the UM any credit...it was all about Miami's lack of effort...blah blah blah.

I also loved how none of our current "situation" is a coaching problem...."it's a basketball problem." "Dan Monson did a great job....need a practice facility...promised Tubby a practice facility...."

I thought he was an obnoxious, pompous a-hole.

I totally agree. Everything was Miami's lack of effort and nothing was what the Gophs did.

Can't believe you can like Dakich. He focused on Miami the whole game. What a dick

+1! Dakich really blew this analysis. He made the MN coaching staff out to be totally foolish on this exchange, when it was pretty apparent that Tubby blew his stack because the refs didn't blow the play dead.

That Hoffarber shot still really makes his special area hurt, doesn't it?

My take on it is that he indeed doesn't like the Gophers (or at least has no love for them); and a lot probably had to do with - as Citywok said above - the Hoffarber-shot loss in the BTT, which happened just after the refs absolutely gift-wrapped his team (DJ White and Gordon) the game in Indianapolis of all places. That, I believe, was one of his final games as a coach of the Hoosiers.

Apparently I watched a completely different game because Dakich sounded pretty complimentary to the Gophers on my television. There were multiple compliments to Andre Hollins, Coleman, Williams, Ingram, and the Gophers as a whole. I'm not judging anyone who felt otherwise...and I appreciate the comments that led off this thread...but it just seemed like a different story to me. Maybe they're censoring things out here in the Bay Area.

He just said Joe and Dan Coleman are exactly the same player. I don't even know what to say about that.

The thing to remember is that this is an improvement. The last time he called a Gophers game he thought Joe WAS Dan all game long (literally called him Dan Coleman, as in "Dan Coleman looks lost out there").

The comment that made me lose all respect for the guy was when he went on a rant about how you shouldnt be able to call a timeout during a play. He compared that to a QB in football calling a timeout while getting sacked. My roommate and I looked at eachother and both were like "WTF is this guy talking about"

Apparently I watched a completely different game because Dakich sounded pretty complimentary to the Gophers on my television. There were multiple compliments to Andre Hollins, Coleman, Williams, Ingram, and the Gophers as a whole. I'm not judging anyone who felt otherwise...and I appreciate the comments that led off this thread...but it just seemed like a different story to me. Maybe they're censoring things out here in the Bay Area.

Agree. I enjoy his insights and comments and hope he calls our remaining games.He speaks his mind even though seems to be rather flakey at times.

Miami's lack of interest was a story in itself and needed to be said. What a pathetic effort on their part. He also gave Ingram lots of kudo's for doing the little things most fans don't notice. Some talking heads only focus on the stars.

I like Dakich. He says what a lot of people have been thinking for most of the year.

I agree completely. He gave us a LOT of compliments and his comments about our lack of a practice facility are probably right on!

Agree. I enjoy his insights and comments and hope he calls our remaining games.He speaks his mind even though seems to be rather flakey at times.

Miami's lack of interest was a story in itself and needed to be said. What a pathetic effort on their part. He also gave Ingram lots of kudo's for doing the little things most fans don't notice. Some talking heads only focus on the stars.

Didn't thing "Double D" was so bad, either, although while doing three other things, I was not paying a close attention as I usually might. He was high on Dre Hollins, Ingram, and stated the blatantly obvious, that Miami had a huge advantage underneath that they didn't exploit. He also told it like it was for the Miami coach, who now has to figure out who he really wants and who wants to stay in the program, since he could tell very little with their mailing it in last night.

While I like seeing the Gophers continue to play, I think these games are hard to learn much beacuse of what Miami did last night. They gave up, the worst thing any fan or coach can see in a team. Middle won't give up on Wednesday, making that perhaps a better test than we have seen in the post season.

We've seen Dakich on a lot of Gopher games because he's ESPN's primary Big Ten analyst.

Nope, I doubt you're seeing a censored version. There are a lot of thin-skinned folks around though. DD has it in for the Gophers because of Blake's shot! You can't make some of this up.

+1

I've enjoyed Dakich's analysis in the last few games he's covered the Rodents. He knows what he's talking about, I enjoy the insightful comments, whether it's complimentary towards the Gophers or critical.

As far as the sometimes whack comments he may utter, I would imagine it's tough to fill 2 hours of on-air time, especially for a game that most of the country couldn't care much less about.

Yeah, Dakich absolutely LOVES Minnesota, like his comment, which went something like: 'Minnesota fans traveled here, but they didn't have to, it's 75 in Minneapolis today and only 81 in Miami. Isn't it normally about -22 in Minneapolis?'

How complimentary. Yes, he did compliment the gophers some last night, which is the first time I've ever heard him compliment anything about Minnesota as a whole except when he kisses Tubby's butt (which is incessant). Dakich only seemed to compliment the gophers, though, because he couldn't say anything nice about Miami; or so it seemed. That said, I actually don't mind Dakich that much because at least he's interesting and not just a rah-rah idiot like Vitale or something.

Top Bottom