Why do we always get Dakich?

zambam

Reaction score
Why? He hates the Gophers with a passion. Points out irrelevant things that have no effect on the actual game as if they are the reason we lose. Please ESPN, he's begging to not get these games.

I like Dakich. He says what a lot of people have been thinking for most of the year.

LongLiveMilesTarver said:
I've been thinking that this is one of the dullest teams I've ever seen.

He's also talked about how great tubby is and the U is screwing him over by not building him a practice facility and how crazy people are to want tubby fired.

Agree?

zambam said:
So you've been thinking the reason the Gophers are losing is cause no one gets up and hugs a guy when he goes to the bench?
Yes because Tubby is supposed to pat all guys on the @ss when they come to the bench or he is a bad coach.

He's also talked about how great tubby is and the U is screwing him over by not building him a practice facility and how crazy people are to want tubby fired.

Agree?

Parts of it. I don't think Tubby is great by any means, but I also think things would be better with a practice facility.

These announcers hate the gophers.

I think it's just a matter of markets. Miami has a very sizable TV market, and ESPN may want to appeal to it. It was the same way when we were playing La Salle, though. I can kind of understand rooting for the "little guy" to take down the Big Ten team, but it was just kind of ridiculous how little they talked about us.

By the way, with the TV on in the background I just heard something along the lines of "Miami needs a big second half, they're down by 12". The only mentions the Gophers get is when they talk about Rodney.

Did these guys ever think that Tubby might have been pissed because the refs didn't stop the game even though one of our players was obviously hurt? That's what it looked like to me. He was pointing at where Oto got hurt, and how he slowly was coming down the court. The play should have been blown dead right away. We were playing 4 against 5.

Dakich LOVES Monson. We'll see how Long Beach is next year when their seniors are gone - maybe he is a good coach now (I can't say one way or the other), but there were reasons he was fired and it wasn't due to a lack of support from a school that paid him a boat-load of money (for at the time) for a job he chose to take knowing full-well what was in store, to the extent that he negotiated protection against the consequences that were going to be coming.

He just said Joe and Dan Coleman are exactly the same player. I don't even know what to say about that.

I think it's just a matter of markets. Miami has a very sizable TV market, and ESPN may want to appeal to it.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the 15th-largest media market in the U.S. Miami-Ft. Lauderdale is the 16th-largest media market in the country.

Dakich just said that Dan Coleman and Joe Coleman have the exact style of game.

That's like saying that Bobby Knight and Dan Dakich had the exact same success at Indiana.

Go Gophers!!

That's like saying that Bobby Knight and Dan Dakich had the exact same success at Indiana.

Go Gophers!!
I think he said Ben.

I like Dakich, we're just annoyed because we've had him so often. The Cris Collinsworth effect :)

Go Gophers!!

Looks like someone else heard Dan too. If that's what he said then that gets my vote for most preposterous statement of the year. They're like complete opposites. Either Dakich never saw Dan Coleman play, or he isn't very bright.

Top Bottom