Why did the name of this forum change?

I would think that would be self-evident.

Seems childish to change the forum name as an act of defiance.

I agree, changing the name is weak and childish. Whether people agree or not, Brewster is still the coach. If our fans would take the disdain they have for all things Brewster and put it into supporting the team, we'd be better off. There were at least 2 times yesterday where the crowd was loud and NW jumped offside or had some sort of blunder. A little more of that would put the team in a better chance to succeed.

because we are not blind followers. Brewster is a joke, and if it was up to me it would be called the fire Maturi forum until we get a true leader as our AD.

Seems childish to sign up for a message board to solely comment on the name of the message board.

because we are not blind followers. Brewster is a joke, and if it was up to me it would be called the fire Maturi forum until we get a true leader as our AD.

I mostly agree with you, but I find your moniker ironic.

A reward

I thought the name changed as a reward to Coach Brewster for his performance to date.

Why wait for him to be canned?

I mostly agree with you, but I find your moniker ironic.

not going to lie, I liked what Brewster was selling at first, but now we have seen what he has and his coaching isn't up to par. So we have to move on. Its like the morons that can't see that Mason had zero work ethic but stand behind him still because they liked him at first.

It isn't the University of Brewster

Or, Brewsters golden boys; or, Brewster Hail to Thee; or, the Brewster Rouser. :pig::eek::cry:;)

There were like 15 different threads talking about the name of the forum while it was still Brew's crew. I personally would have liked to have seen the name stay Brew's Crew until he was no longer the coach. I don't think it's a big deal either way, but it did get a mention from Reusse in one of his columns, so the change did bring some publicity to the GopherHole.

Barring a miracle Brew won't be here next year so the name change is inevitable. Changing it now or at the end of the season really doesn't make a difference.

Because there are A LOT of people on here who would not consider them part of "brew's crew."

not going to lie, I liked what Brewster was selling at first, but now we have seen what he has and his coaching isn't up to par. So we have to move on. Its like the morons that can't see that Mason had zero work but stand behind him still because they liked him at first.

Yeah.. I was gonna comment on your moniker too. lol I'll be honest, I STILL like what Brew is/was selling. But I just don't see him as a head coach material. I would like to see him stay on the staff as a recruiting guy or the marketing dept. or something. I think it's pretty obvious that he loves the U and respects our tradition and history. But I do NOT want him as our head coach any longer.

Because there are A LOT of people on here who would not consider them part of "brew's crew."

Exactly. There aren't a lot of Brewster supporters left, so it's a bit of a misnomer. I guess the mods have something against misnomers.

Yeah.. I was gonna comment on your moniker too. lol I'll be honest, I STILL like what Brew is/was selling. But I just don't see him as a head coach material. I would like to see him stay on the staff as a recruiting guy or the marketing dept. or something. I think it's pretty obvious that he loves the U and respects our tradition and history. But I do NOT want him as our head coach any longer.

Yeah, demote him to TE coach/chili cook. I can deal with that.

I STILL like what Brew is/was selling. But I just don't see him as a head coach material. I would like to see him stay on the staff as a recruiting guy or the marketing dept. or something. I think it's pretty obvious that he loves the U and respects our tradition and history. But I do NOT want him as our head coach any longer.

I would love to see him stay on the staff as postion coach/ recruiter. Doubt he will that would be a tough demotion to take.

Incredibly poor taste. A very low moment for Gopher hole staff. Very dissapointing.

Why not disassociate yourself from the entire program. Pretty sad when the site that is suppose to be solidly rooted behind the program exhibits band wagon jumping behavior.

Just as bad as the ass clowns in the media if you ask me.

Incredibly poor taste. A very low moment for Gopher hole staff. Very dissapointing.

Why not disassociate yourself from the entire program. Pretty sad when the site that is suppose to be solidly rooted behind the program exhibits band wagon jumping behavior.

I dont know about that.

I think 99% of the people who want Brewster to be fired, would gladly eat all the crow in the world if Brewster proved us all wrong and turned this whole thing around. I would celebrate with backflips if Brewster all of a sudden turned out to be the best coach here since Warmath --- even if it means I lose all GH credibility for years.

The media, on the other hand, would rather be right than wrong.

You can always start your own message board, then you can name it anything you want.

It's not that they don't want to be associated with Gopher football but they associated with Brewster and I for one can't blame them.

Brewster isn't the program.

I hate the way things are named after coaches. Minnesota football and basketball are programs worthy of their own name and it is ridiculous to name them after coaches. Only coaches on the way to hall of fame careers at the school (Izzo, Paterno) should have the forums named after them.

Did Monson's Mob teach us nothing?

I felt the same way when Brew's Crew debuted and still feel the same way about Tubby's Barn.

Agreed. It is in poor taste. Once you name the forum after a coach you stay with it until he's not coach- like him or not. Then, in the future, don't name it after a coach.

Agreed. It is in poor taste. Once you name the forum after a coach you stay with it until he's not coach- like him or not. Then, in the future, don't name it after a coach.

Agreed, plus the current name is really lame.

Individuals can decide themselves if they like the current coach or not.

Top Bottom